BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

"See what the summer brings"

He genuinely hasn't the foggiest has he? No idea if he'll be here, if they'll replace him, what sort of budget (if any) he'll get, which of the players he will be able to keep, if he wants to, and whether that will be done in time to prevent them moving elsewhere.

A complete disgrace.

My concern is that if he limps through to the summer then the dust will settle, people put the rotten run out of their minds, he sweet talks Venkys and they just give him another year because they like what they hear.

38 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

He can break the record live on SKY against Sheff Weds. It would be fitting if it was brought to his attention in the post-match interview. 

He's on a journey into the record books.

Record-breaking based manager. 

It's SKY, they don't care about us (or hate us - I can't quite put my finger on it).

They'll just simply brush it off as a bad run of form, highlight that we're comfortably midtable and that we score a lot of goals.

No questions will be asked about his job security.

Edited by Exiled_Rover
  • Like 3

It's just stereotypical Venkys though isn't it. He said he flew to India in summer after relegation not knowing if he was being kept on or what budget he'd get. Now he might well have been billy bullshitting with that but it sounds plausible.

So this summer will be no different they'll want him sat in front of them, they'll swallow his sob stories. He'll get a contract extension and budget and off we go again.

Then somewhere into next season they'll probably sack him out the blue and cost the club another fortune. Then Phil Brown or someone will parachute in after offering to do it for 2 grand a week till the end of the season.

They'e learned absolutely sweet FA and never will.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Mowbray clarifies situation with Rovers' out of contract players | Lancashire Telegraph

“My focus is to win some matches over the next four weeks and see what the summer brings.”

You fucking the fuck off hopefully. 

He doesn't seem that keen on keeping them which is a tad odd given Nayabe and Rothwell are arguably 2 of our most promising players. 

Also for all this talk of journeys he never plans for the long term. We've waited an age on defensive reinforcements, new contracts for players, replacements for players past their prime. Instead we get loans, 1 year extensions (possibly) triggered and substandard replacements who ate totally different. 

‘See what the summer brings’ isn’t as bullish as he’s been previously about still being in the job next season.

Though that may be because even he thinks ‘I can’t survive this, I wouldn’t anywhere else’, not that the cretin owners are actually planning a change.

He keeps saying 'we'll see what happens' in regards to summer. A small part of me is now thinking he's agreed to step aside at the end of the season.

Not sure how that would pan out though as a winning run might see it kyboshed. Even if not he'll probably still be here in some capacity till his contract runs out  So would Venus, probably in his place.

It would probably suit the finances better though and save a pay off now which might have penalty clauses attached to it. Not sure it'll work out great for the football side of it though. It' time his influence on that was removed altogether. 

2 hours ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Mowbray clarifies situation with Rovers' out of contract players | Lancashire Telegraph

“My focus is to win some matches over the next four weeks and see what the summer brings.”

It's like listening to a kid dream of what he will be when he grows up, when I'm older I'm going to be a Jedi.  Good luck TM history shows you're not capable of winning 'some' matches, have you considered trying Football Manager?

2 hours ago, Herbie6590 said:

Here’s the oracle (Harry Berry)...the Dalglish one is the outlier...

DC9CA452-17A0-4234-9E9A-C9B5DF8B9996.png

Funnily enough I remember John Pickering quite fondly. Did he start immediately after Jim Iley was sacked?

When you combine his stats with those of Iley it's no surprise at all we were relegated that season.

Alas, no billionaire owners or £7m or £5m players or the equivalent thereof in those austere days.

2 hours ago, Herbie6590 said:

Here’s the oracle (Harry Berry)...the Dalglish one is the outlier...

DC9CA452-17A0-4234-9E9A-C9B5DF8B9996.png

I suppose the number of points also comes into play here then. Theoretically, (as I've not looked at the results of those games) we could've got 15 points, whereas Mowbray has what, 6 is it? 7?

With another 8/9 points right now we'd be safe.

Has anyone looked at our worst run of points? I'm assuming that this is where the "worst run in 43 years" comes from coupled with the 1 in 14.

Edited by windymiller7

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

He keeps saying 'we'll see what happens' in regards to summer. A small part of me is now thinking he's agreed to step aside at the end of the season.

Not sure how that would pan out though as a winning run might see it kyboshed. Even if not he'll probably still be here in some capacity till his contract runs out  So would Venus, probably in his place.

It would probably suit the finances better though and save a pay off now which might have penalty clauses attached to it. Not sure it'll work out great for the football side of it though. It' time his influence on that was removed altogether. 

Apart from Kean coming back, that's probably the worst situation I could imagine.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, windymiller7 said:

I suppose the number of points also comes into play here then. Theoretically, (as I've not looked at the results of those games) we could've got 15 points, whereas Mowbray has what, 6 is it? 7?

With another 8/9 points right now we'd be safe.

Has anyone looked at our worst run of points? I'm assuming that this is where the "worst run in 43 years" comes from coupled with the 1 in 14.

Another thing I was thinking about, is also, don't forget that prior to 1981, a win only got you 2pts so back then a draw was a much 'better' result, hence why it was changed to stop teams playing for a draw quite so much.

Edited by windymiller7
  • Like 1

• Backroom

On my Football Manager save, the longest losing run by a manager is Zurab Mingelli (regen, I assume) with San Marino: 1 draw and 12 losses before the manager was sacked.

Even Football Manager with the world's worst team finds this situation ridiculous.

Edited by Mike E
  • Like 5

• Backroom

What a sorry state of affairs when you can't tie down new deals for the likes of JRC and Rothwell, one a half decent young lad who has just broke through and another with obvious talent but never set the world on fire.

The kind of deal that would be easy if they had faith in the manager they were playing for

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Jesus, those comments....

The jewel in the crown coming from our old fave Beetlejuice on the players out of contract "Evans is the key for me"

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Tom said:

What a sorry state of affairs when you can't tie down new deals for the likes of JRC and Rothwell, one a half decent young lad who has just broke through and another with obvious talent but never set the world on fire.

The kind of deal that would be easy if they had faith in the manager they were playing for

I bet JRC stays and I'm not too bothered about Rothwell, a frustrating player. 

58 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I bet JRC stays and I'm not too bothered about Rothwell, a frustrating player. 

He frustrates you only because you know that he could do better.  Either way, he outperforms any of the other mids we have almost every week, so Id rather have Rothwell performing on 20% of his ability than Evans, Johnson, Buckley etc. performing on 100%

• Like 1