BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

39 minutes ago, skous18 said:

He frustrates you only because you know that he could do better.  Either way, he outperforms any of the other mids we have almost every week, so Id rather have Rothwell performing on 20% of his ability than Evans, Johnson, Buckley etc. performing on 100%

You must be happy so, cos he's at 20% most weeks 

1 minute ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

'Have to win' - Mowbray's verdict on Rovers' draw at Cardiff | Lancashire Telegraph

“There’s positives to be found and we’ll grab them and move onto the next one.”

Beyond parody. 

Apparently we’ve been dominant in most of the last 15 games. In which we’ve won one game.

Just feck off, Tony.

• Like 2

• Backroom

Even if Mowbray's claim about Armstrong was true, surely it doesn't reflect well on him that the team is so heavily reliant on one player? What about the £12m you threw down the toilet on Brereton and Gallagher, Tony? I would question if that was asked, but we all know it wasn't. 

• Like 2

• Backroom

Mowbray added: “It’s pretty typical, we tend to like going behind, that’s a common theme of going a goal down and it’s pretty tough to win football matches when you go a goal down.

And nobody stepped in to say "it's been 4 years, shouldn't you have sorted that issue out by now?" 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

'Have to win' - Mowbray's verdict on Rovers' draw at Cardiff | Lancashire Telegraph

Beyond parody. 

He's completely deluded, he seems to think if we play half decently then that constitutes dominating the game. For the last time we were genuinely dominant in a game you'd probably have to go back to the 2nd half against a 10 man Preston.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

He's completely deluded, he seems to think if we play half decently then that constitutes dominating the game. For the last time we were genuinely dominant in a game you'd probably have to go back to the 2nd half against a 10 man Preston.

I don’t even think we need to play half decently just dominate one stat (in the world of mogga preferably possession in our half) for him to think everything is rosy.

56 minutes ago, Tom said:

Also we didn’t win them because Armstrong was out, didn’t he play in half of this 1 win in 15 run?

Now now Tom what has the truth got to do with anything? Also on the fib telling front we've been dominant in a lot of the games in this run too. And on the logic front I'm fairly sure it's allowed for more than your star striker to score goals.  If he was as good at managing a team as he was lying and self preservation we would be Champions League by now. 

51 minutes ago, DE. said:

Even if Mowbray's claim about Armstrong was true, surely it doesn't reflect well on him that the team is so heavily reliant on one player? What about the £12m you threw down the toilet on Brereton and Gallagher, Tony? I would question if that was asked, but we all know it wasn't. 

Exactly. We didn't need to spend 12 million pounds on players but spend on players who will improve the overall quality of the squad like left back and centre back. When we got promote he should have sign a quality centre back(Ezri Konsa) and left side midfielder(Ben Osborn) plus a back up striker(Matt Smith) for money we paid for Brereton. 

48 minutes ago, DE. said:

And nobody stepped in to say "it's been 4 years, shouldn't you have sorted that issue out by now?" 

He still hasn't sorted the defensive issues we had. Mowbray has had enough money to spend to sort out the defensive issues during his time here. For a Centre back in his playing career he cant organise a defence. Same as Venus for defender. Shocking

Edited by chaddyrovers
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Beyond parody. 

One of genuinely favourite things about TM - and there aren't many - is how often his excuses often unintentionally are criticisms of himself. This interview's one is a belter - I've assembled a squad with only one proven goal scorer. Criticising his ability to buy strikers and build a squad capable of scoring goals. 

• Like 9

53 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

. When we got promote he should have sign a quality centre back(Ezri Konsa) and left side midfielder(Ben Osborn) plus a back up striker(Matt Smith) for money we paid for Brereton. 

Matt Smith would have also been a handy signing for ToMo's buddy Waggot. He could explain how the new build  all in one academy could fit everything in, just like the Tardis

Edited by perthblue02
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, PeteJD13 said:

I’d be interest as well @Merceri still think he’ll survive until the seasons end. I’m less confident about him going in the summer 

I think we are waiting for a replacement to be ready to come in to replace him before we sack him. I do think we are close to sacking him, Venus and Waggott. as I said previously I think the owners werent happy about the Brockhall plans after they found out we wont keep our Cat 1 Academy status as this is the one thing they have kept and keep investing him every season. We will see in the coming weeks whether I am right

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tom said:

Also we didn’t win them because Armstrong was out, didn’t he play in half of this 1 win in 15 run?

And wasn't Armstrong out because Tony said a player knows his body blah blah and played him, reinjuring him to keep him out for those games?