BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

First time ever in my time as a rovers fan that I wasn't disappointed when we went a goal down. Not even in kean times did I feel like this.  We're not going down so any points gained are just credit in the bank for TM. 

However even if / when Tony goes are we realistically going to get anyone better? Tony is one of the better manager in the venky era so I dread to think of the dross we'll go through before we'll get an acceptable manager. It may be the copious amounts of alcohol I've had tonight however I'm starting to think along the same lines as those who think administration and come out the other side clean could be the best way to go. Someone else said it elsewhere - take TM out but the cancer remains at the club. 

• Like 2

• Backroom

TM leaving won't change the club's trajectory in any major way. Mid-table championship is our threshold under Venky's unless they get extremely lucky with an appointment. The organisation and structure at the club is nowhere near where it needs to be for us to be successful in the long or even short term under the current owners. Change is needed at the very top for us to move forward, until then the best we can hope for is mediocrity. 

• Like 8

It'll never go into admin whilst there are players to flog to balance the books short term. 

As for the structure they have one in place now for the first time properly since they got rid of the one's they inherited.  Problem is that structure is more intent and down scaling and sailing in the middle of the division.  That's what they want to do because it benefits them and is the height of their abilities.

Easy street is what appeals to them under the guise of producing young players for other clubs to snap up cheap. And carry loans from other clubs. No doubt there are some nice drinks in the middle of all that somewhere.

No idea where the owners stand on it but what kind of ambition do the Coventrio, Pasha, Cheston and co really have ?

Non apart from staying in wages.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Tom said:

My worry is we will win 2-3 on the bounce at the end of the season and all will be forgotten.

‘he should be given the chance to build on it’ etc etc will ring around the Twittersphere

Just a little reminder to Waggot if Rovers do indeed go on a good run now under the hapless Mowbray and think all is rosy in the Rovers Garden....keep him employed at your peril!

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194

8 hours ago, Tom said:

My worry is we will win 2-3 on the bounce at the end of the season and all will be forgotten.

‘he should be given the chance to build on it’ etc etc will ring around the Twittersphere

I don't think anyone could seriously say that, even if we won every remaining game. The run we went(are) on is just too bad. He has to go. 

• Moderation Lead
9 hours ago, Tom said:

I’m the opposite, I’ve no concerns about us winning 2-3 games....

• Like 8

• Moderation Lead
29 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I don't think anyone could seriously say that, even if we won every remaining game. The run we went(are) on is just too bad. He has to go. 

You’d be surprised mate. ‘Where are all the Mowbray haters now?’ is just getting warmed up....

• Like 2

For goodness sake, we DREW! Yes it's a better result than losing, but you'd be likely be relegated if you drew every match. I'm not a Mowbray hater, but I am firmly in the Mowbray out camp because he's outstayed his shelflife here. Most managers don't get half the time he's had, even if their results are better than Mowbray's.  

Edited by gumboots
  • Like 5

IMHO Mowbray needs to go and has done for a long time along with Waggot and Venus 

Unless Venkys get lucky with a agency recommended appointment we will be rinse and repeating same scenarios with debt to the owners rising yearly .

The cancer will never go whilst owned by Venkys

I would take a admin and come out the otherside anyday

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Tom said:

“Judge him after 10 games”.

“Most of these players are new and need time to bed in”.

“He needs at least the January window”.

It’s really hard to see what is going to change before Mowbray leaves. He has a contract until Summer 2022 and a CEO that won’t hold him to account. I could just as easily see his getting a new contract as leaving.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Athlete said:

IMHO Mowbray needs to go and has done for a long time along with Waggot and Venus 

Unless Venkys get lucky with a agency recommended appointment we will be rinse and repeating same scenarios with debt to the owners rising yearly .

The cancer will never go whilst owned by Venkys

I would take a admin and come out the otherside anyday

It’s interesting isn’t it. The link between SEM, HSH and our managers is strong.

But why don’t Venky’s just appoint a different organisation to run the club? Is Pasha employed by them? Are they bound by a long term contract? Is there a question (still) over ownership?

Do Venkys have any control or judgement or are their hands tied?

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, den said:

A lot of twitterers saying “I accept that it’s time for Mowbray to go, but those that have been shouting for that for ages were well out of order. They’re nasty people and not real fans”

In other words, “they were right and I was wrong, but there’s no way I’m admitting that”.

Its astonishing how blooming naieve they are.

Works on the flip side too, fans shouldn't be saying "they knew before others" it was time for him to go. No need for petty point scoring from either side. I just find it amazing some actually aren't in agreement that he has to go, or are likely to change that viewpoint. 

22 minutes ago, den said:

A lot of twitterers saying “I accept that it’s time for Mowbray to go, but those that have been shouting for that for ages were well out of order. They’re nasty people and not real fans

In other words, “they were right and I was wrong, but there’s no way I’m admitting that”.

I get that you are paraphrasing but what a ridiculous notion these people have, that the earlier you notice something is getting worse and needs fixing the nastier a person you are - and the less of a “real fan” you are.

Putting it politely, the line is clearly different for different people.

Those who went early are the ones who believed promotion (or at least play-offs) was the target. Those who have joined later seem to think that the target is avoiding relegation.

In any case, it’s another failure which will need another bail out from Venkys and another step closer to administration.

• Like 4

It’s done to harvest serotonin inducing social media likes and re-tweets... and they’ll always get plenty, as there’s a sizeable contingent of uber-pious, earnest folk on Twitter to tap into. It’s like a modern religion.

‘Look at me, aren’t I an example of a caring, thoughtful citizen #bekind’

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, Stuart said:

Is Pasha employed by them?

@J*Balready explained that Pasha and Babu worked for Balaji. 

Here is J*B post from 21st March on Pasha and Babu

Suhail Pasha, who has worked for the family since 2009 in a whole host of roles. He started off relatively low in the business but has done well and now has Balaji’s support. He does a whole host of jobs but is trusted to run Balaji’s investments and make decisions on his behalf. He’s well trusted and in the inner circle. He is currently living in the area and running Rovers, reporting directly back to Balaji. 

Gandhi Babu, he works between Zurich and Pune and manages Balaji’s group of investments of which Rovers is one. He’s trusted by Balaji and reports back to him on the progress of his investments individually and as a group. If you have a business and want investment from Venkys, you speak to Babu who decides whether it is worth it and if so, recommends it back up the ladder. 

Balaji trusts Mowbray because he thinks he’s honest. He’s been stung before by people taking advantage and he doesn’t think Mowbray is doing. So he has his support. 

To fulfil EFL requirements you must have someone they deem to be up to standard as CEO and FD. Mowbray was asked for recommendations on who could fit these roles, in came Waggott as CEO. They fulfil their obligations within the club but ultimately Waggott reports to Pasha and Cheston reports to Babu. Key decisions (from money to on the pitch) are taken by Pasha and Babu. 

https://www.brfcs.com/forums/topic/34120-tony-mowbray-discussion/?do=findComment&comment=2190737

Edited by chaddyrovers
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, den said:

A lot of twitterers saying “I accept that it’s time for Mowbray to go, but those that have been shouting for that for ages were well out of order. They’re nasty people and not real fans”

No doubt the same cretins who lambasted and ridiculed our protesting fans at Ewood...even in the face of such blatant wrongdoing at the time.

• Like 1