BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

As long as we are just bobbing along in this league, no.

Only possibility is if we were marooned in the bottom 3 at some point, but even then I would see this geezer as safer than Bowyer or Coyle was. His ‘Honest Tone’ persona obviously goes down well with those fools in Pune...

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

@J*Balready explained that Pasha and Babu worked for Balaji. 

Here is J*B post from 21st March on Pasha and Babu

Suhail Pasha, who has worked for the family since 2009 in a whole host of roles. He started off relatively low in the business but has done well and now has Balaji’s support. He does a whole host of jobs but is trusted to run Balaji’s investments and make decisions on his behalf. He’s well trusted and in the inner circle. He is currently living in the area and running Rovers, reporting directly back to Balaji. 

Gandhi Babu, he works between Zurich and Pune and manages Balaji’s group of investments of which Rovers is one. He’s trusted by Balaji and reports back to him on the progress of his investments individually and as a group. If you have a business and want investment from Venkys, you speak to Babu who decides whether it is worth it and if so, recommends it back up the ladder. 

Balaji trusts Mowbray because he thinks he’s honest. He’s been stung before by people taking advantage and he doesn’t think Mowbray is doing. So he has his support. 

To fulfil EFL requirements you must have someone they deem to be up to standard as CEO and FD. Mowbray was asked for recommendations on who could fit these roles, in came Waggott as CEO. They fulfil their obligations within the club but ultimately Waggott reports to Pasha and Cheston reports to Babu. Key decisions (from money to on the pitch) are taken by Pasha and Babu. 

https://www.brfcs.com/forums/topic/34120-tony-mowbray-discussion/?do=findComment&comment=2190737

Thanks for that Chaddy - every day is a school day as they say. I didn’t know the background to Maggott pitching up at Rovers (other than the TM connection)

If what J*B hears is true, it’s the constant lies that emanate from the club that riles me.

If it is true that Waggott has little power and has to report to Pasha, then why does he state that ‘all major decisions are made by me’ ? 

If Mowbray only speaks to Pasha and not the owners, why was he talking about speaking to them after every game only last week?

Risdale at Preston is titled ‘The Owner’s Representative’ and it is clear that he runs the place on his behalf. So why is this club’s operations all shrouded in mystery with a shadowy figure pulling the strings, fake titles (though not a fake wage) of ‘Chief Exec’ etc and the manager pretending he is in regular contact with detached owners? 

Why bother with it all?

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

It’s done to harvest serotonin inducing social media likes and re-tweets... and they’ll always get plenty, as there’s a sizeable contingent of uber-pious, earnest folk on Twitter to tap into. It’s like a modern religion.

‘Look at me, aren’t I an example of a caring, thoughtful citizen #bekind’

The ones who use hashtags like “be kind” are usually the least tolerant and most hateful people in the world when they happen across someone they don’t agree with.

• Like 6

• Moderation Lead
29 minutes ago, Stuart said:

The ones who use hashtags like “be kind” are usually the least tolerant and most hateful people in the world when they happen across someone they don’t agree with.

It’s nearly always the people that were the absolute worst growing up as well!

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Thanks for that Chaddy - every day is a school day as they say. I didn’t know the background to Maggott pitching up at Rovers (other than the TM connection)

You are most welcome oldjamfan

34 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

If it is true that Waggott has little power and has to report to Pasha, then why does he state that ‘all major decisions are made by me’ ? 

If Mowbray only speaks to Pasha and not the owners, why was he talking about speaking to them after every game only last week?

What major decisions has Waggott made without the authorise of Pasha or Owners? 

What was Mowbray exactly words? 

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

@J*Balready explained that Pasha and Babu worked for Balaji. 

Here is J*B post from 21st March on Pasha and Babu

Suhail Pasha, who has worked for the family since 2009 in a whole host of roles. He started off relatively low in the business but has done well and now has Balaji’s support. He does a whole host of jobs but is trusted to run Balaji’s investments and make decisions on his behalf. He’s well trusted and in the inner circle. He is currently living in the area and running Rovers, reporting directly back to Balaji. 

Gandhi Babu, he works between Zurich and Pune and manages Balaji’s group of investments of which Rovers is one. He’s trusted by Balaji and reports back to him on the progress of his investments individually and as a group. If you have a business and want investment from Venkys, you speak to Babu who decides whether it is worth it and if so, recommends it back up the ladder. 

Balaji trusts Mowbray because he thinks he’s honest. He’s been stung before by people taking advantage and he doesn’t think Mowbray is doing. So he has his support. 

To fulfil EFL requirements you must have someone they deem to be up to standard as CEO and FD. Mowbray was asked for recommendations on who could fit these roles, in came Waggott as CEO. They fulfil their obligations within the club but ultimately Waggott reports to Pasha and Cheston reports to Babu. Key decisions (from money to on the pitch) are taken by Pasha and Babu. 

https://www.brfcs.com/forums/topic/34120-tony-mowbray-discussion/?do=findComment&comment=2190737

.....And who is it that Pasha and Babu report to? .... Remind me again?.....

45 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

You are most welcome oldjamfan

What major decisions has Waggott made without the authorise of Pasha or Owners? 

What was Mowbray exactly words? 

Mowbray last week; ‘ I talk about the games to them, what they saw, they don’t like to lose as I don’t like to lose, but they see the team performing at a level.‘

What decisions does Waggott make? I’ve no idea, J*B’s sources make it sound like he makes none of them... which means he is lying when he says; 

‘Waggott says the owners have given him authority to make decisions on their behalf while he also plans to announce a new senior management structure at the club. 

“I have the authority and I make all the calls within the club. So it is me who is responsible.

Suhail has a role still, as a representative of the owners, but that’s purely to advise me sometimes, so I use him as an advisory role sometimes.

“But the decisions are made by me.‘

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/16311127.decision-making-process-rovers-much-improved---waggott/

Edited by Mattyblue

4 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

An advisory role sometimes.

on the Mowbray, is he talking to the owners or to Pasha and Waggott? 

on Waggott, I can't think of one decision he has made that has major decision. Decisions on season tickets and cost are decide in Pune after talks with Waggott. Also that article is almost 3 years old so have things change where Balaji is responsible for Rovers now with Others more focus on the businesses in India now? 

I trusted JB info. 

He’s insinuating that he’s talking to the owners... which is probably a lie.

Presumably J*B is correct... which means Waggott is a liar too.

Again, why bother with all the lies? Why not say Pasha is in charge reporting to Balaji? He’s the owner so if that’s the structure they want, fine. Why the cloak and dagger constantly? 

It’s no wonder that there is such a lack of trust in motives.

• Like 3

oops, just posted this on the Summer Transfer Window thread by mistake ---

Just seen the horrible news of next wave Covid hitting India today. Horrific nunbers of infections. Patients laying on floors dying. Worst hit area is Pune. Doubt Venkys will have time to consider anything right now let alone Mowbrays replacement.

I think we're stuck with him until next season.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

He’s insinuating that he’s talking to the owners... which is probably a lie.

Presumably J*B is correct... which means Waggott is a liar too.

Again, why bother with all the lies? Why not say Pasha is in charge reporting to Balaji? He’s the owner so if that’s the structure they want, fine. Why the cloak and dagger constantly? 

It’s no wonder that there is such a lack of trust in motives.

It's because they want to avoid anyone being accountable. Fans would demand Pasha front up to forums etc and want to hear from finance man Babu how it all really works.

It's all really convenient when the shit hits the fan like now the real button pressers always have a human shield around them. Nobody knows who to blame really or go after.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, PeteJD13 said:

Seems he’s safe the pressure mentioned by mercer and old jam fan does seem to have dissipated. There’s no noise or leaks of him leaving and no press reports of it 

Think he always was. The selling off the training ground scheme being dropped perhaps gave a bit of hope he was under pressure and could be out. As it is nothing has materialised, shame. 

If it were based on results then he likely could have gone from six losses on the bounce (none to particularly good teams either) or 1 win in 10. Whether it's a single win in 12 or 15 or even 20 doesn't make much of a difference really - they are all unacceptable. And am extra few adverse results isn't going to be seen as dramatically worse. If they were bothered by results then we would have passed the tipping point way before now. 

50 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Is this the worst ever Rovers run ?

Even Woy got 9 points from 15 games. Kean got 10.

This makes Mowbray the worst ever Rovers manager ?

Surprisingly not. Although these were in different times, since 1950...

Opening 16 games of 1951/52 saw 8 points 18/08/51-10/11/51 - that season also saw a 10 game run of 9 wins and 1 draw - Jackie Bestall survived

Final 15 games on 1965/66 saw 6 points 19/02/66-09/05/66 - 2 wins and 13 defeats (there were also 9 points from the first 15 games) - Jack Marshall survived

Final 15 games of 1968/69 saw 8 points 01/03/69-30/04/69 - Eddie Quigley survived

1978/79 saw a run of 5 points from 16 games 11/11/78-24/03/79 - John Pickering lasted until 15/05/79

1985/86 saw us take 8 points from 15 games 18/01/86-15/04/86 - Bobby Saxton survived

1986/87 - 7 points from 15 games (8 from 16) 13/09/86-21/12/86 (26/12/86) - Bobby Saxton sacked 30/12/86

So worst record in 35 years, for sure, but not “ever”.

More than happy to be corrected if I’ve cocked anything up! ( @Parsonblue )

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Sorry... this weakens the case for wanting Mowbray out, how?

C035087F-9BE6-4911-A9EE-08AC648D7092.png

CCE84A72-F743-4172-B293-7CF92DDF1E91.png

57A78DDC-B755-4042-AF08-FF74F20C92B0.png

Expected goals is something used by desperate managers or by statto's who are so engrossed in numbers they know little about football. People in football all know that it is a complete load of nonsense, as do most supporters.

Edited by Ewood Ace
  • Like 5

34 minutes ago, PeteJD13 said:

Seems he’s safe the pressure mentioned by mercer and old jam fan does seem to have dissipated. There’s no noise or leaks of him leaving and no press reports of it 

Would they be any noise or leaks considering the national media/reporters aren't interested in us at all now. You only Nixon cover us and his last report was foriegn coach to replace Mowbray if the owners change it after a end of season review. He reply to a Rovers fan today.saying the owners cant be happy with this season after financial backing Mowbray 

Are Local journalists going to sort of inside info he will be sack? Cant see it

Edited by chaddyrovers
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

Think he always was. The selling off the training ground scheme being dropped perhaps gave a bit of hope he was under pressure and could be out. As it is nothing has materialised, shame. 

If it were based on results then he likely could have gone from six losses on the bounce (none to particularly good teams either) or 1 win in 10. Whether it's a single win in 12 or 15 or even 20 doesn't make much of a difference really - they are all unacceptable. And am extra few adverse results isn't going to be seen as dramatically worse. If they were bothered by results then we would have passed the tipping point way before now. 

I still think he’ll go but I’m the summer and not for results, it will be for signing Ayala or something like that 

• Like 1