BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

10 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Sorry... this weakens the case for wanting Mowbray out, how?

C035087F-9BE6-4911-A9EE-08AC648D7092.png

CCE84A72-F743-4172-B293-7CF92DDF1E91.png

57A78DDC-B755-4042-AF08-FF74F20C92B0.png

All I take from that is we should expect to be 5th but we are in fact 17th. Strengths the argument for Mowbray out (if it wasn’t already rock solid). 

• Like 7

• Backroom
12 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Is he actually trying to use 'drastically underperforming' as a reason to keep the status quo?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PeteJD13 said:

I still think he’ll go but I’m the summer and not for results, it will be for signing Ayala or something like that 

He may go in the summer but only if he decides it. And given a lack of finances available that's a possibility. 

That said what other job is he going to get in football? Assuming those appointing at other clubs actually apply a bit of dilligence then the guy who somehow arsed up Celtic, bombed at Coventry and led us to a 1 win in 15 ain't going to be getting another job. That may make him stick it out. 

27 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

The ONLY thing that matters is results and league position anything else is just window dressing.  This will be the kind of bluster Mowbray is feeding back to the owners crew, look at this we are nearly there.

This time next season the stats will say the same, the results and league position won't say much different to now.

How many times have we scored in a first half ?   How many times have we gone behind first and lost ?   How many games have we turned around or won late ?

Where are the tables for these things that actually matter ?

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 3

• Backroom

xG is just a silly pseudo science, this isn’t baseball, cricket or American Football, stats to that level of detail just don’t tell the story in football.

We may have won 1 in 15 but the ‘numbers’ suggest we are better, no, it doesn’t work like that.

Whatever numbers; stats or whatever you want to overlay the proof is irrefutable, the manager is not getting the results.

Edited by Tom
  • Like 4

Just now, Tom said:

xG is just silly, this isn’t baseball, cricket or American Football, stats to that level of detail just don’t tell the story in football.

We may have won 1 in 15 but the ‘numbers’ suggest we are better, no, it doesn’t work like that.

Whatever numbers; stats or whatever you want to overlay the proof is irrefutable, the manager is not getting the results.

Yes, its the usual end of season PR exercise where they convince the happy clappers that we are a midge's dick away from getting it right.....another season might just do it crew....Mowbrays PR friends getting going..

Stop deleting my posts too 😖

• Like 1

Just now, tomphil said:

'Expected goals'

Has to be the daftest thing yet, some need their ipads confiscating. Straight out of Keans distract everybody with made up nonsense handbook this stuff.

I heard another one today for the first time..."goal involvement " what a crock of shit.  Basically the young morons don't just want to be over paid, they want glory on every scale, 2 yard pass is goal involvement now....🙄

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, J*B said:

I thought you had Chaddy on ignore?

Are you still boycotting by the way J*B, as your profile suggests? If not I respectfully suggest that you amend it accordingly. (please don't come out with some smart arse answer that involves Covid-19)

In my considered opinion, your posts worry me greatly.

6 hours ago, Stuart said:

It’s interesting isn’t it. The link between SEM, HSH and our managers is strong.

But why don’t Venky’s just appoint a different organisation to run the club? Is Pasha employed by them? Are they bound by a long term contract? Is there a question (still) over ownership?

Do Venkys have any control or judgement or are their hands tied?

I wish they would just do one..

I want our Rovers back

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if this table got sent over to India and it was implied it was the actual table.

I’m only half joking.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

I heard another one today for the first time..."goal involvement " what a crock of shit.  Basically the young morons don't just want to be over paid, they want glory on every scale, 2 yard pass is goal involvement now....🙄

Yet people hurl out 'It isn't football manager on the PS you know'

Oh yeah ?

Bored of it all, haven’t watched a game for months now, so can’t really comment on performances, don’t even watch highlights anymore, majority of my mates and family are the same. Lots of people have completely lost interest now and given up. Dread to think what the season ticket uptake will be.  Why anyone would want to part with their hard earned money to watch that lot is beyond me, do yourselves a favour, don’t bother, and take up a new hobby, because nothing will ever change at that club, I don’t even recognise it anymore.

Edited by Wovers
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

Are you still boycotting by the way J*B, as your profile suggests? If not I respectfully suggest that you amend it accordingly. (please don't come out with some smart arse answer that involves Covid-19)

In my considered opinion, your posts worry me greatly.

I would say I’m still boycotting in some capacity yes. 

4 minutes ago, J*B said:

I would say I’m still boycotting in some capacity yes. 

What, for 10 bloody years? What did that achieve?

I just don't get it really because you then repeatedly spout that you know all the ins and outs within the club, including Pasha and Babu.

No wonder I don't take the blindest bit of notice, as you well know.

Just now, darrenrover said:

What, for 10 bloody years? What did that achieve?

I just don't get it really because you then repeatedly spout that you know all the ins and outs within the club, including Pasha and Babu.

No wonder I don't take the blindest bit of notice, as you well know.

Yes I’ve protested/boycotted in different capacities since Kean. I think it’s achieved plenty - I’d like to think I played a small role (like all other protesters) in Kean walking, I’ve sat through meetings with members of the Rovers boards offering opinions, strangely I was once consulted on transfer business one season, I’ve spoken to Waggot and Pasha about the club and how I feel about it. I don’t think any of that would have happened if I hadn’t been involved in protests.

As with every post I’ve ever made in here, it comes with a caveat that I post what people tell me. Not everyone - but if I think it sounds plausible, I post it. Some turn out to be right (latest one Dani Ayala), some turn out to be wrong.  That’s the way it goes - but I’ll always post what I’m tipped off with. 

I’ve absolutely no idea what your last sentence means. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, AllRoverAsia said:

I expect a free shag every time I have a night out.

It's the XXXG theory.

Doesn't mean it happens 😞 even though I make plenty of passes

How do you get free shags?  Even my missus charges me.

These days they like to make up loads of figures, so they can feel better about their failings.  The only table I am interested in, is the league table, the rest of them mean bobbins.  TM stated anything less than the play-offs would be failure and we sit 17th.  I guess next we'll be seeing the possesion table where we sit pretty in 4th or some such, it's just a shame posession isn't split into the halves of the pitch.  Although we would be top of the possesion in your own half table!  

• Like 1