BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

Seems like the best we can hope for is for him to move on in the summer. I don't buy it. There'll be "talks" taking place, we'll get our hopes up and in the end we'll be told that next season it's the playoffs or bust. Once the season starts, it'll be as if this death spiral (nor his previous, for that matter) never happened.

So yes, this Mowbray reign has the potential to turn very Keanesque in that regard.  I'm expecting summer 2021 to be a replay of summer 2011. That led to relegation, will we be talking along those lines for next season too?

• Like 3

7 hours ago, TheRoversReturn said:

Seems like the best we can hope for is for him to move on in the summer. I don't buy it. There'll be "talks" taking place, we'll get our hopes up and in the end we'll be told that next season it's the playoffs or bust. Once the season starts, it'll be as if this death spiral (nor his previous, for that matter) never happened.

So yes, this Mowbray reign has the potential to turn very Keanesque in that regard.  I'm expecting summer 2021 to be a replay of summer 2011. That led to relegation, will we be talking along those lines for next season too?

Expecting similar although maybe more akin to the Coyle summer.  A few good ones sold, others let go then cheapo squaddies and some over age odd ball waste of wage signings.

Then into next season and Mowbray moving the goalposts every few months. Finally coming out with 'maybe we have to take a step back in the journey to take two forwards..  I think all the assumption from his first half season here that he'd have had us midtable in a full season with a diminished squad will be put to the full next soon.

• Like 2

He says today that the other forwards “must” look towards achieving Armstrong’s finishing standards.

Easy this management game isn’t it. Just tell them they must score more. Might as well tell me I must become a Premier League player.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, den said:

He says today that the other forwards “must” look towards achieving Armstrong’s finishing standards.

Easy this management game isn’t it. Just tell them they must score more. Might as well tell me I must become a Premier League player.

Code for "we're selling him but the money can't be used to replace him as its going into Balaji's back pocket"?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 47er said:

Code for "we're selling him but the money can't be used to replace him as its going into Balaji's back pocket"?

At least if it goes in his back pocket it will buy some jewellery and not be wasted by TM in the transfer market.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PeteJD13 said:

With our eye watering losses venkys can hardly be accused of pocketing any money from rovers 

Those eye-watering losses they caused you mean?

Do they want out of this league or  not?

Edited by 47er
  • Like 4

They are happy to take huge losses and waste other millions if it's the right people in their eyes doing the wasting.

Those doing it now want to cut it to impress the owners even if it means the club shrinking even further. Because their wages and bonuses don't so they don't give a toss.

• Like 1

Just now, den said:

He spent £12m on them so they should be banging them in when AA goes. 

25 minutes ago, PeteJD13 said:

With our eye watering losses venkys can hardly be accused of pocketing any money from rovers 

Everyone seems to forget that the club has had zero income for more than 12 months and yet we're still batting.

No moans either...Whatever has gone on in the past, we have something to be thankful for IMO.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Simple.  If they're taking huge losses.  Sell the club.  

Except it isn’t simple is it, they don’t at this stage seem to want to sell. So they can’t also be blamed if they try and run it as a business 

Just now, darrenrover said:

Everyone seems to forget that the club has had zero income for more than 12 months and yet we're still batting.

No moans either...Whatever has gone on in the past, we have something to be thankful for IMO.

Totally agree with this people are steady complaining that the summers going to be belt tightening. What else do you expect us and every other club will be doing the same 

7 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

I wonder if he has ever thought of playing a centre forward in the centre forward position ? Maybe there’s where the answer lies Tony you utter nugget!

44 frigging 2: 

Kaminski

Nyambe     Lenihan/Branthwaite/Harwood Bellis (2 from 3) Douglas

Elliott     Travis    Holtby    Dolan

Gallagher/Brereton (1 from 2)   Armstrong

Piece of piss!

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, PeteJD13 said:

Totally agree with this people are steady complaining that the summers going to be belt tightening. What else do you expect us and every other club will be doing the same 

Those predicted transfer market conditions will dictate that bargains will be available for astute managers and clubs to acquire.

It's a shame that we fail the criteria.

• Like 2

Just giving my spreadsheet an update! 🤓

Interesting that now Tony Mowbray's win percentage is below that of Gary Bowyer, even if you include the League One campaign, which usually skews the data when comparing Rovers managers in recent times.

Mowbray 37.5% win rate

Bowyer 37.9% win rate

Another interesting stat is that Mowbray will be stranded on 199 league games in charge of the Rovers if he leaves at the end of the season.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Those predicted transfer market conditions will dictate that bargains will be available for astute managers and clubs to acquire.

It's a shame that we fail the criteria.

Our recruitment department would have idenfity the players we should be targeting but its down to Mowbray to choose his 1st choice signing for each position. 

Its huge summer for the club. 

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

Our recruitment department would have idenfity the players we should be targeting but its down to Mowbray to choose his 1st choice signing for each position. 

Its huge summer for the club. 

It is indeed going to be a big rebuild which makes a mockery of Mowbray's 'Journey' and 'Building'

Mind you the clock was reset and we are just coming to the end of Tony Pol Pot Mowbray's Year One.

Could have been worse, he could have gone back to Year Zero.

• Like 5