BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

The problems is certain people have taken advantages of them and now are very caution who they can trust. 

The problem is that in their entire time here they have only had 2 people on the board who knew how to run a football club, that was John Williams and Tom Finn and they quickly forced them out. Ever since then no one at board room level appears to have a clue how to a football club should operate which is why we have ended up in a situation where the manager pretty much has free reign over everything even so far as being able to appoint his own CEO.

• Like 8

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

So cos they going down they down count then? 

Did you want to keep of the majority of these out of contract players who have proved they arent they good enough for what we need. I would deffo keep JRC, probably Nyambe and maybe Rothwell but depends on his role within the team under a new manager. Rest can go..not good enough for what we need

A lot depends on this apparent review of all things Blackburn Rovers that Venkys are said to be doing after the season ends. Assuming that goes ahead, contracts will be done based on the budget and FFP restrictions.

It doesn't take a freak set of results to get us involved in a relegation battle. Those who think it does are still suffering from complacency and after Hull last year that ought not be the case.

Mowbray out. I haven't gone soft on that. Unfortunately, Venkys won't shift from review in the summer, unless results force their hand. If Venkys are now looking to sell the club that's good news, depending to whom they sell Blackburn Rovers. If it's true we 'owe' £200m to Venkys, £40m to our trade creditors and £20m to the SBOI, the sum they'll likely want won't be met. Even were Seneca and there £60m 'bid' still around and Venkys wrote off their 'debt' there would be no new money available after paying off the other creditors. It's a financial black hole.

@roversfan99 We're grasping at straws, because 'we' want action taken now.

28 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

The problem is that in their entire time here they have only had 2 people on the board who knew how to run a football club, that was John Williams and Tom Finn and they quickly forced them out. Ever since then no one at board room level appears to have a clue how to a football club should operate which is why we have ended up in a situation where the manager pretty much has free reign over everything even so far as being able to appoint his own CEO.

Wasn't that on advice from people they thought they could trust? 

9 minutes ago, Richard Oakley said:

A lot depends on this apparent review of all things Blackburn Rovers that Venkys are said to be doing after the season ends. Assuming that goes ahead, contracts will be done based on the budget and FFP restrictions.

Haven't FFP rules been relax? 

Depends who is doing this review

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Wasn't that on advice from people they thought they could trust? 

They are supposed to be business people all they had to do was look at how well the club was being run and just let it carry on. The problem was they thought they knew how to operate a football club better than men who had been doing it successfully for 15 years. And sadly that still seems to be the case. 

• Like 5

@chaddyrovers Absolutely. It does depend on who do the review.

Rumour is that once the furlough ends 50% of those employed in the admin side, including coaches would be made redundant. Presumably staffing levels would be part of the review.

Teams under a transfer embargo were limited to new contracts not exceeding £520,000 a year including any payments to agents to a squad up to 25 players. Since the players union wants the squad limit removed, it doesn't sound like that has changed.

4 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

The problems is certain people have taken advantages of them and now are very caution who they can trust. 

Well I would suggest that appointing a series of stooges and the manager's mate are not the most likely to yield a positive outcome.

That is not a case of their being unlucky, it's wilful neglect.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Richard Oakley said:

@chaddyrovers Absolutely. It does depend on who do the review.

Rumour is that once the furlough ends 50% of those employed in the admin side, including coaches would be made redundant. Presumably staffing levels would be part of the review.

Teams under a transfer embargo were limited to new contracts not exceeding £520,000 a year including any payments to agents to a squad up to 25 players. Since the players union wants the squad limit removed, it doesn't sound like that has changed.

We be out of embargo shortly I believe. EFL mess up

We see in the future

I'm genuinely starting to lose my mind. 

All these stat accounts now trying to convince fans Mowbray isn't doing as badly as everyone thinks? 

Are they thinking straight? 

I'm genuinely baffled.

Like a Company that's going into administration, and some analyst saying "they shouldn't be going under as they have reduced expenses in X" 

It's an absolute joke imo.

IMG_20210412_190023.jpg

14 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Honestly mate it's becoming a complete joke all these stat accounts trying to back Mowbray lol

Can’t work out of the are being controversial for click bait, if they are planted by the club, or if they are just being deliberately obtuse.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, DanielMB said:

Expected Goals is the most useless thing  ever. All it says is that we should score more goals than we are. Still doesnt put points on the board.

Agreed. I never expect goals anyway when we have the £12 million cows arse banjo express on the pitch. Their collective output should be enough for a sacking as it is.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Can’t work out of the are being controversial for click bait, if they are planted by the club, or if they are just being deliberately obtuse.

Maybe they are struggling to leave the 'mowbray is the messiah' club.

I think it must be a lot easier to watch the games 100% believing that he is 'the guy'

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

Maybe they are struggling to leave the 'mowbray is the messiah' club.

I think it must be a lot easier to watch the games 100% believing that he is 'the guy'

I can’t imagine anything more depressing than watching Mowbray football, losing, and thinking “this is as good as it gets”.

• Like 2

Its a case in point of something ive seen more than once, the continuation of an argument (in this case the twitter account admitted recently that Mowbray needs to go so its not even a point he agrees with himself) simply to back up and champion the use of data.

xG is an inherently flawed system that implies that it can be expected that over time, over and underperforming in the actual league table v the xG table will revert to the mean but that simply isnt true, it implies that all teams are equally clinical for one. Brighton would be in the Champions League if it meant anything, we would be in the play offs and Swansea would be in mid table.

• Like 4

in the telegraph,tony is urging our other forwards to  reach the armstrong standard of goalscoring,rather difficult when you only play with one striker,put the other two out wide and you have pass the ball sideways and back because there is no other option,im`e sure mowbray has breathed to much of the chemical ridden air on his soujourns back to his beloved middlesborough

• Like 3

1 hour ago, RoversClitheroe said:

I'm genuinely starting to lose my mind. 

All these stat accounts now trying to convince fans Mowbray isn't doing as badly as everyone thinks? 

Are they thinking straight? 

I'm genuinely baffled.

Like a Company that's going into administration, and some analyst saying "they shouldn't be going under as they have reduced expenses in X" 

It's an absolute joke imo.

IMG_20210412_190023.jpg

10A7EC47-25E8-441A-81EE-09E504283A11.pngWhere is ‘performances vs results’ remotely a debate anywhere else in first team football?  Oh yes, just the one club where a manager has a job to save with imbecilic owners.

These teenage data geeks really are Mowbray’s useful idiots

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 8

5 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

10A7EC47-25E8-441A-81EE-09E504283A11.pngWhere is ‘performances vs results’ remotely a debate anywhere else in first team football?  Oh yes, just the one club where a manager has a job to save with imbecilic owners.

These teenage data geeks really are Mowbray’s useful idiots

There really is only one stat that matters for   football managers. Anything else is just an excuse.

At least at clubs where football is the raison d’être.

• Like 2

Absolute shambles that Tony is still here.. to say I was excited last week after the Bournemouth game when I heard he was going was an understatement, it was HOPE for a new start, a fresh start, yes they may have recruited a dudd, but I would always rather roll the dice and live life going for stuff than stay mediocre.. 

I'm hoping they're lining up a corker before potting Tony.. it definitely is the bloody hope that kills us 

• Like 1