BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

24 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I like how they normalise the summer 'review' as though it is perfectly normal, acceptable or conducive to success to simply drift through the season doing nothing, see how it unfolds and then have a think about it in the summer when the games are out of the way, the dust has settled and club defining decisions can be made thousands of miles away in a secluded bungalow between the manager and CEO trying to protect their jobs and whoever else might be involved in these things, none of whom will have the interests of the club at heart.

The review and decisions ought to be happening NOW. 

At any other club he would either be gone already or at best would be a dead man walking with someone else being lined up NOW.

At any other club there would be transfer business and budgets teed up NOW to hit the ground running on replacing the raft of players out of contract and to give us some sort of chance next season.

What's the point in wasting the next 6 weeks for the review? Just because Venkys have zero interest and can't be bothered doing anything doesn't mean it is right or acceptable.

But hooray QPR have scored at Rotherham so lets get the party poppers out.

Hopefully it's just until safety is guaranteed. 1 week after that ,max. He would have to be sacked. 

56 minutes ago, Banzai said:

Is there an expected goals against?

I was just thinking back to the recent Norwich game where a lot of people seem to think that it was an amazing performance against the top team. But my memory is that we should have easily lost by at least 2 clear goals based on clear cut chances.

Expected Norwich 4-2 Expected Rovers would have been a fairer reflection and so Zero Expected points.

Yes...it’s the oppositions xG in that game

4D8D78AA-9E15-40B2-83A5-7F48FEF247CC.jpeg

• Backroom

The fact that we are even considering the possibility that the likes of Rotherham and Coventry could drag us into the relegation mix is hugely damning of Mowbray.

A shocking season that needs to end sharpish along with his reign.

He can leave proudly with us ever so slightly above when he joined 

Trouble is they still seem to treat it like their other businesses they just haven't learned it needs the personal touch. So it gets reviewed at some point in summer and nothing can happen before then. In some cases nothing happens even then if they don't all agree on it

Manager is still the line manager and they probably don't take anything on board until he's sat in front of them. The rest might have some title or other but are just box tickers. To be fair in recent years things have speeded up a bit in summer compared to what it was. That seems to be because Mowbray had stimulated their interest again after promotion and Rovers got an earlier slot than usual in their summer schedule.

They probably do this review stuff for most of their large parts of their portfolio. So now the heads have gone back in the sand and interest has probably waned. Along with all the other stuff the past 12 months covid related god knows were Rovers will fit in this summer.

I'm 100% certain it won't be marked as urgent on the discussion list, all this works in Mowbray & Waggots favour.

Stupid set up that has never and will never prosper.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

How would an xG table use that information? Is it literally whichever is higher making draws nigh on impossible or is it rounded?

Great question...no idea 🤣 Suspect it’s more “scientific” than that but it’s all make believe in any event...

7 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Tony's latest utter bullshit ramblings

“I don’t know how the league is and how the other teams are doing, because I don’t look."

If any evidence was still needed he's lost it this is it.

The man is obsessed with opposition stats and many have always felt that's part of his problem. Too worried about cancelling them out than driving his own team forwards. This is what contributes to see the likes of Gallagher in wide right and left positions.

I'd wager with anyone this man knows every league position and every player in every other club. I don't think anyone would ever doubt his knowledge of the championship.

Another bizarre comment.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Banzai said:

Is there an expected goals against?

I was just thinking back to the recent Norwich game where a lot of people seem to think that it was an amazing performance against the top team. But my memory is that we should have easily lost by at least 2 clear goals based on clear cut chances.

Expected Norwich 4-2 Expected Rovers would have been a fairer reflection and so Zero Expected points.

Yes, xG had us losing that game: https://www.infogol.net/en/matches/result/english-football-league-championship/norwich-vs-blackburn-2021-03-20/77586

50 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

“I don’t know how the league is and how the other teams are doing, because I don’t look."

Dont forget, Tony, that fans do look, and do know how perilous things are. Dont just expect them to fall into line and renew their Season Tickets. Stop treating them like ignorant little people. Stop assuming you have carte blanche to run the club into League 1 and won't face any consequences. In fact, just take your myopia and leave our club. We want someone who knows exactly where we are and has a clear view of how to get us out of the mess you've created.

• Like 5

11 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Hopefully it's just until safety is guaranteed. 1 week after that ,max. He would have to be sacked. 

This is the only thing keeping me going. It's more than likely not the case given how Venkys operate but I'm so dispondent at this point I need to give myself some hope; let's scrape through this absolute car crash of a season with our clown of a manager and CEO combo and then they'll be out on their arse and we can start again in the summer. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

This is the only thing keeping me going. It's more than likely not the case given how Venkys operate but I'm so dispondent at this point I need to give myself some hope; let's scrape through this absolute car crash of a season with our clown of a manager and CEO combo and then they'll be out on their arse and we can start again in the summer. 

And yet even the summer review is all based on assumption and hope. They have served us well during venkys reign, haven't they?

3 minutes ago, Ulrich said:

And yet even the summer review is all based on assumption and hope. They have served us well during venkys reign, haven't they?

They're a complete fucking shambles. No idea if it's due to being corrupt, naeivity or the fact that we're well down their list of priorities (in reality it's probably a combination of the above) the outcome is always the same - the fans get fucked.

Frankly, a decade in, its getting harder and harder to care.. but one thing I will wholeheartedly enjoy, is learning that Mowbray has been sacked, whenever that might be. Him and our sack of shit CEO. 

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, benhben said:

Fuck me. Theres nothing you can really say to that is there..

Blows my mind. How can he get away with it? How is he not pushed more by the media on these utterly ridiculous statements he comes out with? I cannot wait to let him know my thoughts on his performance once we're back in the stadium, I'm a performance based fan. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

They're a complete fucking shambles. No idea if it's due to being corrupt, naeivity or the fact that we're well down their list of priorities (in reality it's probably a combination of the above) the outcome is always the same - the fans get fucked.

Frankly, a decade in, its getting harder and harder to care.. but one thing I will wholeheartedly enjoy, is learning that Mowbray has been sacked, whenever that might be. Him and our sack of shit CEO. 

I think after 10 years of their continuing bullshit etc, the why does not matter. Whether for good or for evil, they fuck Rovers up and piss all over the fans.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

I am no data analyst , but I put that quote in the manager performance calculator on the computer and on the FK / OF method of analytics that is a 10.0

Edited by perthblue02
  • Like 4