BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

2 hours ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

'The situation will be reviewed once the season has been completed, with an investigation into how the campaign deteriorated and how the club propose to move forward. Owners' Representative Suhail Shaikh and Chief Executive Steve Waggott will be at the centre of those discussions'

Mogga's bestie and a bloke who knows nowt about football will decide Mogga's future. What could possibly go wrong.🙄

The dullard is staying. 

That will be the most pointless discussion ever and the decision (undoubtedly will be to keep Mowbray)will end up relegating us.

• Moderation Lead
1 hour ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

I can’t take that seriously when it refers to Nixon as a ‘reliable journalist’....

• Like 6

55 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

Two things irk me with this.

Firstly all the variables in the world don't mitigate for a 1 win in 15 record or playing your striker at right back. 

Secondly this season should have worked in our favour. TM had had three years to assemble a squad and to implement a style of play. Much longer than all other managers. Clubs with better crowds get less of a home field or financial advantage over us too. 

All in all the excuses are bull. My hope is his pride won't let him take a relegation so he jumps ship in the summer. 

He also got good backing yet again in the summer to bring in the experience he said we needed to make the difference. Nobody really expected much backing in the middle of a pandemic with no income. In fact most expected sales instead.

He got the wages to bring in Ayala, Douglas, Trybull & wonder kid Elliot.  Only ONE of those has been long term absent. He's made a cock and balls of it this however anybody tries to dress up the excuses. And its mainly down to this daft fantasy of dominating the ball with possession football.

Funnily enough i was talking about this with a mate who supports someone else. He couldn't believe the sheer number of players we've used all season between one game and the next. When i described all the Mowbray side of it he just said 'to me it sounds like he's been stealthily trying to get himself sacked. It happens quite often when managers have had enough but won't leave their contract'.

Might not be far off the mark there to be honest given his nonsense and shoulder shrugging attitude. I don't think he's trying to lose games on purpose but he just doesn't give a toss if we don't win. The constant bizarre changing around of the team is the stealth bit. He knows damn well it's counter productive for the situation we've been in but he's stuck his middle finger up and carried on regardless. Even if we'd won a few he'd still jumble it up again.

Very odd behavior from him since January, all season if we are honest. We all need putting out of our misery including him.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

I can picture it now. His end of season meeting will be like a gender reveal party. There will be a big explosion as some giant balloons with our final league position float into the sky. Mowbray puts a positive spin on the fact we've stayed up.

mowbray.jpg

With the shit he comes out with I'd expect he'll turn the league upside down and blag it that way. He might actually do better than 6th in that case 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, den said:

What a different club we’d have been if they’d tapped into Williams and Finns experience and knowledge of the club. 

It’s the biggest mistake they made - after the decision to listen to Anderson.

Probably the biggest error in for the club in the last 30+ years

• Like 2

22 hours ago, broadsword said:

I think we should all give ourselves a pat on the back for still having some sort of an interest in the club, despite all this sort of nonsense. 

Having said that, if I had a crystal ball and could see that in fifty years ' time we were still being run by venkys, then, as they say on dragon's den "I'm out". 

The only reason I still have an interest is the forlorn hope that these doss wankers will one day depart,and that there will be still be something to salvage. If that how gets taken away then for the sake of my own mental health, I have to walk. I don't think I could ever support another club, but I certainly can't support one where the soul and ambition has been eaten away by talentless parasites

Same.

I stepped away for a few years, but have taken a real interest again during the pandemic. 

Nothing has changed in that time - we're still a basket case club run by imbeciles with absentee owners. 

This is not the club I fell in love with. The soul has been removed. 

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Same.

I stepped away for a few years, but have taken a real interest again during the pandemic. 

Nothing has changed in that time - we're still a basket case club run by imbeciles with absentee owners. 

This is not the club I fell in love with. The soul has been removed. 

"It is impossible that happiness and yearning for what is not present should ever be united"

That's yer man Epictetus there. It's impossible to care about the club right now without wishing that things were different. It's not about whether we're winning, what division we're in, how much money we have. It's none of that.

It's about knowing that yer man in the dug-out is busting his balls to get a win, the lads on the pitch are running themselves into the ground to keep the ball out of our net and put one in theirs. It's looking at the fixture list, because you really want to know who we're playing on your birthday, it's about hoping we do better than last year, will we get a cup run.

It's all that, and it's been taken from us, and at this juncture you really have to wonder if we'll ever get it back.

If you're asking me to feel the same with venky's running us, an absolute dickhead managing us, who thinks you can score goals passing it backwards with players out of position and money wasted on no-hopers, then I'm sorry but no.

• Like 6

On 03/08/2019 at 12:28, Neal said:

No lessons learned. No possession football. No plan B. No Joe Rothwell. No defence. No defenders signed. No method. No Ryan Nyambe. No positivity. No progress. No idea. 

You're a nice bloke, you've done a good job but this is as far you will take us. Don't ruin your legacy, do the right thing and step aside. Charlton are relegation fodder so what does that make us? 

Go. 

On 03/08/2019 at 12:37, Norbert Rassragr said:

Seconded. Thanks for cleaning up after Coyle Tony, but it is clear you are not the right person to progress higher than about 14th in the table.

On 03/08/2019 at 12:41, Mattyblue said:

Get the sentiment. But be realistic, he’s well ensconced at the club. Close relationship with Waggott and the owners.

No chance he goes anytime soon, even if he oversaw a relegation.

Above are 3 of the first 4 posts in this thread from August 2019. No change in 18 months.

• Like 4

Venkys would sooner see Ewood empty next season and be well out of pocket on ticket income and risk alienating thousands of those who remain than get rid of their mate who they like.

He's their man and nothing else matters. They trust him, like him and will ignore everything else.

The only good side to it is they won't turn around and force sales if their buddy is in the manager's seat as they won't want to show weakness or let him down. Unfortunately any player with ambition will look to get out of here if Mowbray remains.

• Like 1

They hired Coyle so yeah they'll have no qualms about keeping this one even if we finish 4th bottom.

Always said they'd still fund the club forever with hardly anybody in the ground. They aren't bothered as long as games are beamed into their kitchen. So they can continue playing real life football manager when they feel like it.  Probably betting amongst themselves on team selection and subs.

All about framing his discussions with the owners in the summer. Move it away from any talk of promotion and move it towards ‘development’ (though not sure who’s ‘developed’, so that’s another failing, surely?)

Totally transparent but it will probably do the job in his Pune meeting.

• Like 2