BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

11 minutes ago, Tom said:

We were never going up and never going down so it doesn’t matter apparently 

Why bother?

On the plus side he has saved me £10. If the manager couldn't give a toss about where we finish in the table then I'm not spending my money to watch the uninspired dross that he puts out.

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Does he realise how stupid he sounds? Development of players and the team? How many players have actually developed in his four years compared to how many have stagnated or regressed? And we are on course to finish marginally above the league position we were in when he joined us. He is beginning to sound like he has serious issues. 

In a team where 4 loanees regularly start, Rothwell (and others) are regularly played out of position and strikers are asked to play out wide he's interested in the development of players?

Get stuffed.

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, Tom said:

Why bother?

Is this him saying..... either spend £100m and we'll get promoted, if not, then leave me alone to ''develop a culture'' and along the way we might finish 16th, we might finish 9th.

Its probably both brutally honest in what the Championship has and is becoming, yet at the same time, so self defeating and uninspiring.

Mowbray seems to be challenging the last vestiges of enthusiasm from a beleaguered fanbase. 

Another stat - in the last 23 games, we've only won 1 game where we've had more possession than the opposition (we've won another 3 games in that time period, but had less possession than the opposition).

Possession football doesn't always work. 

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

A thoroughly depressing read. His negligence is shinning through again with the comment, “I’m not interested whether we finish 17th or ninth, personally." That is a comment up there with any of the B.S. that Kean ever came out with.

Tony Mowbray on points targets, league tables & expectations | Lancashire Telegraph

Fuck me! He even threw in a “right good go” for the fans

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, rog of the rovers said:

Is this him saying..... either spend £100m and we'll get promoted, if not, then leave me alone to ''develop a culture'' and along the way we might finish 16th, we might finish 9th.

Its probably both brutally honest in what the Championship has and is becoming, yet at the same time, so self defeating and uninspiring.

Mowbray seems to be challenging the last vestiges of enthusiasm from a beleaguered fanbase. 

I wouldn’t back him to get us promoted even if you gave him £100 Million. He’d probably blow it on back up players to help the lads out or kids for the future.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

That is the worst, most defeatist speech that I have ever heard from any manager.

He also admits that his possession approach, without huge cash input, cannot secure promotion and that long-ball is probably a better option.

A decent Journo as part of that 'interview' could rip him a new one.

Arrogant, smug TWAT. FUCK OFF.

He is clearly beginning to give some of us more than just an uncomfortable feeling that something is wrong. Pass the beta-blockers, Mark 😉

• Like 3

He could only get away with that with empty grounds.

A cowardly, little nobody.

Just imagine being in training or in the dressing room listening to that voice drone on.

Good God, I feel for those overpaid players who've just been told that most of them are just not good enough.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Ewood Ace said:

A thoroughly depressing read. His negligence is shinning through again with the comment, “I’m not interested whether we finish 17th or ninth, personally." That is a comment up there with any of the B.S. that Kean ever came out with.

Tony Mowbray on points targets, league tables & expectations | Lancashire Telegraph

If his argument was

"If you don't finish in the top six you're nowhere,  you might as well finish 17th than 9th as long as you're making progress then I could sort of see where he was coming from.

Unfortunately I don't think his argument is that as he now appears to be claiming its impossible to get promoted.

His argument about player development is also completely redundant as thanks to his and Waggott's negligence with the composition of the squad hardly any of them will be here next year.

He better not be here next season. He's baiting the fans with every single press conference now.

• Like 7

How do these dickless, spineless journos keep letting this auld baw bag get away with spouting this ridiculous drivel.

Shove your XG and your possession stats up your arse, 1 win in 14 and our table position tell you everything any fan needs to know......Mowbray has massively under achieved with this squad of players

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Almost every advantage... though they are trying their utmost to remove that last one too.

It's absolutely mind-baffling what their tenure has brought upon our club.

TM mate here's a free piece of advice "think before you open your mouth".

2 hours ago, Ewood Ace said:

Firstly this article contradicts the one the other day where he says he doesn't look at other teams or the table.  Shame the journalist didn't pick him up on that. Mind you that laid of twaddle was a few days ago so why bother going back and challenging him on that. 

And that's the most positive thing to say about the article... 

As for the rest, well what about the targets TM himself set? And surely 9th and a couple of places/points off suggests we are doing better than 16th and narrowly avoiding relegation? It's almost as if he believes there should be no accountability. 

Another thing I'd like to know is what is this development of players for? I was under the illusion it was to y'know win matches but since he openly doesn't care about that could be clarify what the development is actually for? What development there is is questionable too. 

More drivel from a fake manager who has got us back to where we were when he found us despite 4 years and nearly £20 million. There's no achievement in that whatsoever. 

• Like 5

47 minutes ago, RoverKyle said:

Do we have a media team or are they all on furlough? I don't understand how this drivel is getting by them. 

Really wish I hadn't watched that interview clip. I'm livid. 

We must do, somebody will be doing the editing as the latest defeatist nonsense he came out with today won’t be anywhere near the official site articles...

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

I actually hate this guy. As far as I’m concerned comparisons with Kean are fair game. Used to loath such comparisons as diminished how truly bad Kean was but if Kean had come out with the crap this guy comes out with it would live in infamy. 

• Like 7

Its just more of the can't do attitude and excuses rather than can do stuff.

He's a long list of excuses and sob stories. I'm bored of hearing it.

Losers look for excuses. Winners overcome them. Mowbray spends more time putting this club down and explaining failure than hauling us up and having us challenging

Winners at this level dont hide behind excuses. Listen to that interview and it sums Mowbray up. Excuse after excuse.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Tom said:

Why bother?

This man should be nowhere near our football club.

Anywhere else here have been sacked directly after the chairman watched that video. Here he gets a free pass from the CEO, the “owners representative”, and ultimately the owners.

At this point he must know he has lost the majority of our remaining fanbase but do our sponsors really want to be associated with this club if this is the direction the “manager” is taking it?

You cannot afford to think you are automatically staying up, if you do you will be relegated.

The only hope is that this is sour grapes because he knows he is finished, otherwise I fear we will be in the bottom three all next season. And that’s if we stay up.

• Like 9