BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

Rovers are unwilling to release any season ticket details or plans until they know or have information about the size of a crowd that might be allowed back into Ewood next season!

Now bear in mind the country hope to be in a position to end all lockdown restrictions mid June!

mowbray really does have the knack in turn fans off🤬🤬

Edited by 1864roverite
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, tomphil said:

This is shaping up to be a very bitter ending.

ending? 

Talking bollocks, pissing off supporters, results and performances going downhill , apparently is a nice man and works long hours  = new contract in Venky world 😉

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, perthblue02 said:

ending? 

Talking bollocks, pissing off supporters, results and performances going downhill , apparently is a nice man and works long hours  = new contract in Venky world 😉

I certainly wouldn't rule it out, then he's in line for an even better pay off.

That would be these lot to a tee.

2 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

At least Coyle knew he was a bit useless, this twunt thinks he's Bob Paisley. 

But worse, much worse, is he thinks he's more important than BRFC. 

Some of our deluded do as well and thats what has led to this.

They treated him like some sort of football god and he's been acting like one. So much so that he just can't see what all the fuss is about now. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Some of our deluded do as well and thats what has led to this.

They treated him like some sort of football god and he's been acting like one. So much so that he just can't see what all the fuss is about now. 

What would give him that impression?

2ABF8065-9276-40EE-823B-31E4F1B533B9.jpeg

• Like 7

15 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

mowbray mindset of mediocrity,he`s a cancer on the club imo,spreading his negativity  everywhere,to the players through to the coaching staff and backroom staff as well,he`s now overtaken coyle in my list of most despised rovers figures

Agree with most of this only his mindset isn't mediocracy, it's worse. GB showed must not lose philosophy which was pretty mediocre imo but TM goes one better - or worse - and doesn't mind defeats as long as we competed. And even that is subjective! 

A terrible manager who with 4 years, good backing and zero pressure has us no further on then before. 

• Like 2

Something tells me that this won't hit the same tone as the prevailing discussion but...

No matter where on the in-out spectrum you sit hopefully there is enough in there to provoke reasoned debate.

Might want to forward to 20mins in if you aren't interested in general performance metrics discussion and want to just see the pure Rovers based stuff.

https://youtu.be/irZD0MUQ6DU

13 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

What would give him that impression?

2ABF8065-9276-40EE-823B-31E4F1B533B9.jpeg

He is the journalistic equivalent of a virtue signaler when it comes to this regime.

Trouble is they get to know some of these guys at the club on a personal level and that shines through.  It shouldn't the club, fans and results should always be the priority. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, AndyW said:

Something tells me that this won't hit the same tone as the prevailing discussion but...

No matter where on the in-out spectrum you sit hopefully there is enough in there to provoke reasoned debate.

Might want to forward to 20mins in if you aren't interested in general performance metrics discussion and want to just see the pure Rovers based stuff.

https://youtu.be/irZD0MUQ6DU

Fook me those are some boring dudes... XG?? Get to feck...

• Like 3

4 hours ago, arbitro said:

Does he realise how stupid he sounds? Development of players and the team? How many players have actually developed in his four years compared to how many have stagnated or regressed? And we are on course to finish marginally above the league position we were in when he joined us. He is beginning to sound like he has serious issues. 

He has it backwards. First and foremost a football club is in the business of getting results.

Player development is a secondary function. Develop good players, get good results. 

If his goal is development he should start an independent academy a la Glenn Hoddle.

• Like 4

I listened to two mins of that interview and switched off. That was directed at Venkys and no one else. 
The bit I’m confused is he kept saying only three clubs get promoted and you need to spend 100 million to get promoted.

Well issue with that is that there are four play off positions and then there are clubs who are in a position to at least challenge for those positions. Where are we??

doesn’t care if we are 9th or 16th...we the fans care and I pray Venkys care too. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Tom said:

We were never going up and never going down so it doesn’t matter apparently 

Why bother?

This interview is the final final final straw for me. He has completely lost the plot. It’s two fingers up at the fans too.

it was him who targeted the play offs! He’s failed miserably and will do if he gets any more opportunities. Get rid now!

• Like 8