BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

• Backroom

“I’m not interested whether we finish 17th or ninth, personally. I’m only interested in the development of the individuals."

That's bollocks, Tony. Total Bastard Bollocks.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Mike E said:

“I’m not interested whether we finish 17th or ninth, personally. I’m only interested in the development of the individuals."

That's bollocks, Tony. Total Bastard Bollocks.

They are all going to new clubs so what the feck is he on about....complete and utter doyle

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WIR Second Coming said:

Fook me those are some boring dudes... XG?? Get to feck...

Ah the 'we want TM replaced but we'll dig out every conceivable stat we can find to try and prove he's doing it right' gang !

Every tweet liked by Dan Clough 🙄

Obviously these lads are performance fans not result ones, they don't do league tables either.

• Like 1

Well I have heard some daft statements but that takes the biscuits the highter up you are the more money you get so yes it does matter and the highter up the club is the better prayers you can get. If I owned the club he would be gone for that statement

He talks about 100 million which is complete bull shit along the lines of Bauer wants 40k pwk.  This is the guy who claims he steered the owners to spend their money on investments like Brereton and Gallagher.

Plenty managers would've used that money if it was on offer to get into the top 6. Not this dweeb though, no real plan, no real idea how to do it and not really arsed.

• Like 3

It always come back to the money excuse in the end with Mowbray. How it takes such and such an amount to get promoted etc.

If that's the case, why did he tell the owners to put their money away when they wanted to fund an immediate push for the Premier League after our promotion from L1?

His own words were that he "had to calm them down". No manager in their right mind would say no to owners who are willing to splash the cash.

Now money is the reason we can't be near the top end. It doesn't add up. Unless the initial story about "calming them down" was bullshit.

• Like 5

Well this is my stance. Preached for a couple of years about him and a select few players bringing pride back into the club. At the same time been Mowbray out for a very long time based on his ability as a manager.

As it stands. And as it always will from now on. He's a tosser. Grade A* sack of dicks. Pitched himself as an honourable guy. Piss off Tony. You're a self serving, selfish, manipulative, leech. Venkys are to blame. They never learnt. The vulnerable attract predators. Of which Mowbray is one. The absolute bull coming out his mouth right now is actually getting to Kean levels. Waggot has become his Jerome. Everything he says is based on personal self preservation. 

Tony Mowbray has no respect for the fans or for our historic shirt. This is the Tony Mowbray show. And he's really pissed me off. Get out my club you clueless, lying manipulator. You've ruined any good you ever did. 

• Like 7

21 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

It always come back to the money excuse in the end with Mowbray. How it takes such and such an amount to get promoted etc.

If that's the case, why did he tell the owners to put their money away when they wanted to fund an immediate push for the Premier League after our promotion from L1?

His own words were that he "had to calm them down". No manager in their right mind would say no to owners who are willing to splash the cash.

Now money is the reason we can't be near the top end. It doesn't add up. Unless the initial story about "calming them down" was bullshit.

The answer to money and time required is BARNSLEY.

TM is a fraud.

Oh how I bet he wishes Barnsley weren't sat in the top 6 and someone like Stoke or Derby were instead. 

That would just about wrap up the top 6 excuses for the year blaming budgets, giant clubs, we can't compete.

Not even he can come up with an excuse for Barnsley doing it but not us. Of course the answer is clear - better management from top to bottom.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, 47er said:

The answer to money and time required is BARNSLEY.

TM is a fraud.

Not to mention the fact that we are trailing woefully behind the likes of Millwall, QPR, Luton, Reading, Brentford etc.  How much time and money have their managers had ?

• Like 1

I could really go on a rant after reading that interview, really made my blood boil.

More lies and u turns on previous comments. Talking about who will go up. Who is in the race but doesn't look at the table apparently?

Coming out with all that about money but he knew the budget at the start of the season and was talking up a play off spot? 

Venkys probably backed the budget for these loans based on that claim we would be pushing top 6.

The more I read, the more he irritates me. I can't even find the words to put it all into context and like many have said, just how is he getting away with it.

I'm a newish member still on here but has an AFC type club been spoken about before or worth a thread. A local team to me did it years ago having been scammed by the owners, they aren't at that level and perhaps never will be but at least the fans have a vote in the club as members, run by people that love and have passion for the club and at whatever level it's good honest football that we all grew to love. 

A decent backing would bring some pennies to at least get to a decent standard if the right people were involved.

Usually I think it comes when a club is dissolved and turning your back on what Jack Walker built is unthinkable but following this is almost just as unthinkable. Especially with all these years that pass us by and there just isn't progress. Not to mention as the fans that bring income to the club in many forms and follow up and down the country pre covid, we have no say, no power and our opinions are restricted to a message board.

Fans forums great but how much if that actually gets back to the people in power, and even if it does, how much do they care.

I just don't see any other choice 🤷

9 minutes ago, Southside Rover said:

I'm a newish member still on here but has an AFC type club been spoken about before or worth a thread. A local team to me did it years ago having been scammed by the owners, they aren't at that level and perhaps never will be but at least the fans have a vote in the club as members, run by people that love and have passion for the club and at whatever level it's good honest football that we all grew to love. 

🤷

You mean Wimbledon?

3 hours ago, imy9 said:

I listened to two mins of that interview and switched off. That was directed at Venkys and no one else. 
The bit I’m confused is he kept saying only three clubs get promoted and you need to spend 100 million to get promoted.

Well issue with that is that there are four play off positions and then there are clubs who are in a position to at least challenge for those positions. Where are we??

doesn’t care if we are 9th or 16th...we the fans care and I pray Venkys care too. 

The bigger issue with him saying that is that - and someone correct me if I'm wrong - nobody has ever spent 100 million to get out of this league.

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

You mean Wimbledon?

No the club local to me where I live these days is Rushden & Diamonds.

They had their own Jack Walker in the shape of Max Griggs who founded Dr Martens boots.

He had a vision to reach the football league and was everything you want in a chairman, like Jack Walker.

They reach the old division 2 and were pushing for the play offs but Max couldn't afford to bank roll it anymore. So he gave it debt free to the fans.

The fans were not able to run it, released the top earners to bigger clubs to reduce the wage bill and then several relegation followed. 

Then the club stabilised for a few years and started to show shoots of recovery until it was taken over by a poorer version of Venkys. The club was soon dissolved and launched an AFC club a year later. Its been successful but hard honest work by the locals. They don't entertain the thought of a buyer, everything is voted on by the members. A similar model to Wimbledon yes. 

As I say, will they be league 1, I doubt it but do they have a club they have a connection to that they are part of, can be passionate about and feel they matter, absolutely. I read the threads on here and just think rather than watching rugby or another local team or even walking dogs instead, an AFC club would give a lot of fans what they want and miss but also impact the current regime that's driving fans away in their droves.

Also maintains that connection and affinity to the club we've followed for years.

Are Venkys going anywhere? Not likely. Is that patronising, dishonest dinosaur going anywhere? Feeling less and less likely so how far does it have to go. Just not healthy

Edited by Southside Rover
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Thats for the owners.  Trying to contextualise our shit season to them.  Hes a twat

The ironic thing about it is that, over the years, our owners HAVE spent well over a hundred million. I know only a certain amount of that is under Tony, but still. We tack on about 20 million more a year generally, so it must be 60-80 under his watch. He is basically telling them that for that investment they can only expect somewhere from 9th to 17th and they shouldn't care where in that range we fall.

I'd be fucking spitting feathers at those statements if I were them. They won't be (ironically given their main livelihoods) as they won't even hear about it, and if they do they'll surely just lap up Tony's tripe.

12 minutes ago, RoverInverness said:

His lack of respect for the club and our history has rankled me for a long time. 

Dalglish & Souness were managers with big histories, European Cups, League trophies galore. However, they always respected Blackburn Rovers. I can’t remember a single respectful word TM has made about our heritage. It intimidates him. As someone said on here, we’re the second biggest club this dope will ever manage. Show some respect, you dim witted fool. Blackburn Rovers football club is way out of your league pal. 

I can’t listen to the interview. He grates on me at the best of times. I can’t take him at all right now. But as for development?!?!!?!???! Where do you even start!?!?? Is the constant slagging of players from our youth set up all part of the development programme? Tit! I read the comment about Alaya too - which must have cut like a knife for poor Lenihan. But hey ho, Lenihan’s from our youth team so he’s fair game for a slagging from Mowbray.

You know, I’m starting to believe he actually hates the club. 

He has NO respect for Rovers.

He has NO love for the Club, Town or Fans.

He doesn't need to hate us although if pushed for an answer I would suggest 'huge dislike'.

I wonder what his opinion is on 21st position?

League Table of Most Disliked Managers at Rovers:

1. Kean

2. Mowbray

3. Coyle

Mowbray is making a determined late season charge to take the No. 1 spot.

I wonder what Maggott makes of this? Here he is quietly working out how to do his annual scam of Rovers ST holders and he also has to deal with the loose mouth of Mowbray.

Tip to Steve: Check the Meds!

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 5

7 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

That interview is an absolute disgrace. 

I agree Paul. 

6 hours ago, Crimpshrine said:

“I’m not interested whether we finish 17th or ninth, personally. I’m only interested in the development of the individuals"

What's this all about ?

Sounds like a "non-competative" sports day at a primary school!

Pathetic comments to hear and read

5 hours ago, Stuart said:

Some of the Facebook wasters are still backing Mowbray.

Even defending this latest interview.

These are the people who deserve the club we currently have.

How could anyone defend his interview today? It was pathetic and a man who lack that winning mentality!

3 hours ago, SuperBrfc said:

It always come back to the money excuse in the end with Mowbray. How it takes such and such an amount to get promoted etc

He has had more financial backing, time and allowed to improve their scouting, video analysis and data analysis structure then any other manager in Venkys era. But we are no better than off league position wise than our 1st season here. So why is this Tony Mowbray? 

2 hours ago, JHRover said:

Oh how I bet he wishes Barnsley weren't sat in the top 6 and someone like Stoke or Derby were instead. 

That would just about wrap up the top 6 excuses for the year blaming budgets, giant clubs, we can't compete.

Not even he can come up with an excuse for Barnsley doing it but not us. Of course the answer is clear - better management from top to bottom.

Barnsley have appointed a good manager who played a style of play and tactics that suits their players. But his comment about their style was wrong. 

• Like 3