BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

The f-word is the most versatile adjective in the English language. It serves an important function, as does the presence and status of all taboo words. The irony is that if you don’t ever use them you make them more powerful for those of us who do.

Being able to express yourself without swearing is undoubtedly a priceless tool. Everyone is well served by learning to express themselves in formal English with no swearing at all. However, if you are not capable of a Malcolm Tucker style rant - in the right company - you are not using the language to it’s full potential. Your choice I guess.

IMO, the current situation is a perfect example of when the previously taboo vocabulary should come out of the drawer. Mowbray right now deserves the odd F-word. If he doesn’t leave soon he’ll be getting the odd C-word too. It is for times like these that we save these words.

• Like 8

9 hours ago, gumboots said:

I taught in an 11-16 high school in Blackburn for nearly 20 years and so of course it doesnt offend me. However, this is one of the few message boards where swearing wasnt commonplace. In this thread it is becoming more prevalent so I just made the observation that this might be an effect of Mowbray's still being here. Nobody is listening to us and it's driving us mad. I've even been tempted to swear myself at what he's saying and doing here and those of you who know a bit more about me will know that's not like me at all.

Shout and Rant Gumboots,

Get it off your Chest,

Have a bloody good rant,

Like an ex-Teacher possessed!

• Like 1

‘I don’t want to be hypocritical and say that it’s all about the result 

It is all about the result, we know it, he knows it. But this is the mess you get in when you start talking directly to the owners in order to save your job and have to pretend the oldest rule in professional football no longer applies.

People say give him credit when they win because he gets stick when they lose. These days yes but thats not always been the case. Normally i'd try and balance it by saying fair play to the manager.

Just can't after that though it was just another hit and miss game we could easily have lost. Probably should've been a draw but despite less possession we probably showed more direct intent than in 3 games normally.  I'd much prefer that sort of performance and result most weeks. Bit of a hark back to before he went possession/stats mad.  Poor opposition though does it for us again.

Some of the subs there were very risky considering we really needed that result. Not really the time to just be throwing bods on for a few mins just to keep them happy. Could so easily have backfired and wasn't worth the risk. That's him all over though, if a jumble of a manager.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, tomphil said:

People say give him credit when they win because he gets stick when they lose. These days yes but thats not always been the case. Normally i'd try and balance it by saying fair play to the manager

I don't think you should give the manager anything for just one game in isolation. If we won 10 on the trot and then lost I'd give the manager no stick. If we lost 10 on the trot and then won one that wouldn't change my opinion. I'm afraid 2 wins in 16 isn't enough to turn me around like it seems to be for the Facebook crew. 

• Like 7

16 hours ago, RoverInverness said:

The f-word is the most versatile adjective in the English language. It serves an important function, as does the presence and status of all taboo words. The irony is that if you don’t ever use them you make them more powerful for those of us who do.

Being able to express yourself without swearing is undoubtedly a priceless tool. Everyone is well served by learning to express themselves in formal English with no swearing at all. However, if you are not capable of a Malcolm Tucker style rant - in the right company - you are not using the language to it’s full potential. Your choice I guess.

IMO, the current situation is a perfect example of when the previously taboo vocabulary should come out of the drawer. Mowbray right now deserves the odd F-word. If he doesn’t leave soon he’ll be getting the odd C-word too. It is for times like these that we save these words.

He’s been a member of the Cambridge University Netball Team for some time already.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, RoverDom said:

I don't think you should give the manager anything for just one game in isolation. If we won 10 on the trot and then lost I'd give the manager no stick. If we lost 10 on the trot and then won one that wouldn't change my opinion. I'm afraid 2 wins in 16 isn't enough to turn me around like it seems to be for the Facebook crew. 

True this the Mowbray brigade are back out in force again

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, RoverDom said:

Many of the comments on LT are truly embarrassing but that will always be the case.

Its the smugness that gets me, apparently that they can see what others can't.

Just look at the points total since the end of January lads. Tells you all you need to know.

They often blame the players too---haven't put a decent shift in!

No attempt to look behind the individual performances---who bought them? Who picks them? Who decides where they play? Who decides the formation? The substitutions?

In their world the manager doesn't have responsibility.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Well why wouldn’t they, we’ve improved in every way substantially this season...

F1DCBAC4-E1F1-47E0-B299-3FB81C334BC9.png

And there you have the problem with these stattos summed up they pay more attention to numbers on a spreadsheet than they do to what is happening on the pitch. Surely no one who has watched us play could genuinely believe that almost every aspect of our play has improved this season. Regressed more like.

• Like 8

On 15/04/2021 at 15:29, Mike E said:

“I’m not interested whether we finish 17th or ninth, personally. I’m only interested in the development of the individuals."

That's bollocks, Tony. Total Bastard Bollocks.

That's why he has alienated Nyambe, destroyed Gallaghers confidence and generally mucked about young lads.  Sorry mucked about OUR young lads.  

He has had Travis regress he us now half the player he was when he burst on the scene.  Holtby, backwards after being unceremoniously dumped for playing too positive.  Buckley, another, bigged up by ToMo plays mmmmm OK in spells and keeps.getting picked.  Actually plays a good game and is then not seen again.

Brereton good pre season, does not play.  Plays well and scores and us dumoed fir the next.game.  Rothwell another dumoed for being too forward thinking and playing exciting footy.  It gies on and on.  ToMo has only one development interest that of his bank account.

Sad thing is I feel it in me water this clown will be here next season too.

Edited by USABlue
  • Like 3

26 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

And there you have the problem with these stattos summed up they pay more attention to numbers on a spreadsheet than they do to what is happening on the pitch. Surely no one who has watched us play could genuinely believe that almost every aspect of our play has improved this season. Regressed more like.

That’s why stats only tell you so much. The league table trumps all the other stats in my book.

• Like 3