BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

Biggest concern about this management for me, think back to:

Amari Bell on his debut vs Scunthorpe, 2-2 (December 2017)

Joe Rothwell vs Derby, 1-0 (2019) and basically every appearance in 2018-2019.

Lewis Travis vs WBA, 2-0 (NYD, 2019) and basically every appearance in 2018-2019

Bradley Johnson back at the start of last season (and this).

Sam Gallagher under Coyle.

Harvey Elliott and Tyrhys Dolan in August/Spetember.

Even (to a lesser extent) Thomas Kaminski from the first half of this season compared to now.

Darragh Lenihan, in general.

What is the theme and point I'm making? Each of these players looked like quality, and in some cases elite CH quality players (Gallagher, Johnson, Kaminski, Rothwell and Lenihan) and some wonderkids (Travis, Dolan, Elliott).

Look at what a period of time under Mowbray has done to each of them.

He literally killed all the spark we saw/had in Travis, Elliott and Dolan have basically been a non-factor since 2021 (Yes, I know). Johnson and Bell look like easy "good riddance" candidates in 4 games time and Rothwell is also a shadow of himself 95% of the time.

I cannot think of one player he has improved in 3+ years, besides maybe Mr "350 shots a season" Adam Armstrong (who should have scored 3 last night).

His personality literally reflects player progression/regression.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

And there you have the problem with these stattos summed up they pay more attention to numbers on a spreadsheet than they do to what is happening on the pitch. Surely no one who has watched us play could genuinely believe that almost every aspect of our play has improved this season. Regressed more like.

There’s a dozen of these statos on the bloody club payroll FFS,

When is the penny going to drop people?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Angry_Pirate said:

Biggest concern about this management for me, think back to:

Amari Bell on his debut vs Scunthorpe, 2-2 (December 2017)

Joe Rothwell vs Derby, 1-0 (2019) and basically every appearance in 2018-2019.

Lewis Travis vs WBA, 2-0 (NYD, 2019) and basically every appearance in 2018-2019

Bradley Johnson back at the start of last season (and this).

Sam Gallagher under Coyle.

Harvey Elliott and Tyrhys Dolan in August/Spetember.

Even (to a lesser extent) Thomas Kaminski from the first half of this season compared to now.

Darragh Lenihan, in general.

What is the theme and point I'm making? Each of these players looked like quality, and in some cases elite CH quality players (Gallagher, Johnson, Kaminski, Rothwell and Lenihan) and some wonderkids (Travis, Dolan, Elliott).

Look at what a period of time under Mowbray has done to each of them.

He literally killed all the spark we saw/had in Travis, Elliott and Dolan have basically been a non-factor since 2021 (Yes, I know). Johnson and Bell look like easy "good riddance" candidates in 4 games time and Rothwell is also a shadow of himself 95% of the time.

I cannot think of one player he has improved in 3+ years, besides maybe Mr "350 shots a season" Adam Armstrong (who should have scored 3 last night).

His personality literally reflects player progression/regression.

Think personal responsibility has to come into it at some point in relation to a lot of them. 

Your description of Rothwell being "a shadow of himself 95% of the time" is a bit odd. When was he ever consistent? If anything Mowbray has given him an opportunity at this level that other managers might not have

Travis has had injury issues, but it seems there was some falling out. Before that though he was playing well under Mowbray. 

Bell was and is shite. No manager is changing that. On Mowbray for signing him. 

Johnson has nothing left in the tank. 

Gallagher, ya, Mowbray has ruined him, that's fair enough. 

Eliott has had a great season on a personal level

Dolan has had opportunities and failed to take them too often. Lacks end product. Again though, Mowbray has given him game time 

Kaminski had been solid enough this season, Lenihan too. Even allowing for the fact there has been a lot of chopping and changing in defence. 

Mowbray has ingrained a culture where winning isn't everything , but the players need to take some responsibility too. I wouldn't care about most of them leaving. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

3 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Which is totally unique to TM’s reign. I’ve never known us have a manager that has such bombproof support from a sizeable strand of the fanbase. It’s almost cult like... yet he’s done absolutely nothing to earn this exulted status.

It's the social media era though and consider the agency/s connected with Rovers. All far too obvious at times there are propaganda machines at play. Facebook and twitter and especially the LT is where they thrive. Not as easy on forums where most know what they are talking about and quickly rip them to shreds.

PR companies have paid people who take this stuff on and run multiple accounts. When you get into a row with some of these opinions that just seem opposite for the sake of it about 50% of the time you'll find them to clearly be bullshitters with an agenda but no real other SM presence.

There's a reason they rarely pitch up on the likes of here, i had 2 trolling me yesterday on twitter. Both jumping to Mowbrays defense but their tag lines being 'done great things here', 'nice guy he shouldn't get stick'.  Yet when engaged in actual football matters neither could offer any kind of argument or point.  It always went straight back to the same thing, being offended on his behalf because he was getting stick.

Half of them are cranks not real rovers fans and that's a fact. Some somewhere are fighting against the tide on his behalf and someones request.  I'm sure it happens at other places as well.

• Like 7

Love this latest guff from Mowbray! Apparently he does not condone the practice of changing managers when things are going wrong!

You have to gradually improve the squad by signing players over several windows!

And what is important is that the Club has to "develop an identity".

Utter self-serving shite aimed at the owners Tony!

Just how low can you sink?

You've had the years, you've had the time to develop the club's identity (whatever that means) and you've had the transfer money.

And we are farther away from the goal of Premiership football than ever. And the reason is, you Tony are a rotten manager.

Time to go!

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/tony-mowbray-issues-clear-message-on-his-current-situation-at-blackburn-rovers/

• Like 7

54 minutes ago, 47er said:

Love this latest guff from Mowbray! Apparently he does not condone the practice of changing managers when things are going wrong!

You have to gradually improve the squad by signing players over several windows!

You've had the years, you've had the time to develop the club's identity (whatever that means) and you've had the transfer money.

And we are farther away from the goal of Premiership football than ever. And the reason is, you Tony are a rotten manager.

Time to go!

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/tony-mowbray-issues-clear-message-on-his-current-situation-at-blackburn-rovers/

He's in full self preservation mode now. Prepare for more utter bollox in his interviews before the season is done.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Well why wouldn’t they, we’ve improved in every way substantially this season...

F1DCBAC4-E1F1-47E0-B299-3FB81C334BC9.png

Please tweet my reply.

Mate, we are 17th, 2 wins in 16, those are the real stats.  May I ask, is TM your Dad?  Kean did better.

5 hours ago, USABlue said:

That's why he has alienated Nyambe, destroyed Gallaghers confidence and generally mucked about young lads.  Sorry mucked about OUR young lads.  

He has had Travis regress he us now half the player he was when he burst on the scene.  Holtby, backwards after being unceremoniously dumped for playing too positive.  Buckley, another, bigged up by ToMo plays mmmmm OK in spells and keeps.getting picked.  Actually plays a good game and is then not seen again.

Brereton good pre season, does not play.  Plays well and scores and us dumoed fir the next.game.  Rothwell another dumoed for being too forward thinking and playing exciting footy.  It gies on and on.  ToMo has only one development interest that of his bank account.

Sad thing is I feel it in me water this clown will be here next season too.

That's the rub isn't it, I can see TM on the training ground telling them to keep the ball, don't take risks unless absolutly certain.  stopping training when the lads do this and stiffling the creativity and flair out of the players.  Your are right so many have regressed under him and yet he professes it's all about development.  The bloke talks twaddle, I cannot believe he doesn't know what he is doing as it's akin to have your holes wired the wrong way round.  Next week it will be player values, whatever he has to say to make himself look less responsible, culable etc.  The definition of verbal diahoerria  - listen to tony mowbray.  The players will never shine under him, no chance he's like a vampire sucking the life out of them, as we don't play with the verve I saw at the start of the season.  He needs sending off to join Boxer and the other knackered horse in the glue factory. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, darrenrover said:

There’s a dozen of these statos on the bloody club payroll FFS,

When is the penny going to drop people?

Problem is that all these stattos do is tell the manager everything is good despite everything that anyone with a modicum of football knowledge can see with their own eyes. It's almost like they're in situ to protect him...

• Like 3

8 hours ago, 47er said:

Love this latest guff from Mowbray!

Someone tell this bloody oaf Mowbray that we have had a very famous identity from long before he was even born. 

Were the famous Blackburn Rovers !

• Like 6

Oh TM - stands for Total Mess these days - this identity stuff to justify his position is cringe worthy. I do wonder how low the guy can go. 

The problem is like most of his statements it misses out a key element - that being this happens above the manager and doesn't prevent the manager from leaving. One example Swansea when they were under the old ownership - they had a number of managers go but always kept within the same passing style. Same with Brentford. Even with the excuses he makes to justify his position it doesn't work. The manager is not unchallengeable or unchangeable. 

Also the hire and fire guff is also massively challengeable and a load of lies. We've had him as manager for over 4 years. The alternative to him going is not a hire and fire approach - it's a false dichotomy. 

What I hate most about TM off the pitch is his manipulation of reality to protect himself. I really hope he leaves but sadly think he is bullet proof. 

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

Oh TM - stands for Total Mess these days - this identity stuff to justify his position is cringe worthy. I do wonder how low the guy can go. 

The problem is like most of his statements it misses out a key element - that being this happens above the manager and doesn't prevent the manager from leaving. One example Swansea when they were under the old ownership - they had a number of managers go but always kept within the same passing style. Same with Brentford. Even with the excuses he makes to justify his position it doesn't work. The manager is not unchallengeable or unchangeable. 

Also the hire and fire guff is also massively challengeable and a load of lies. We've had him as manager for over 4 years. The alternative to him going is not a hire and fire approach - it's a false dichotomy. 

What I hate most about TM off the pitch is his manipulation of reality to protect himself. I really hope he leaves but sadly think he is bullet proof. 

And the manipulation of a certain set of fans who lap it up.

Maybe this is why they are looking to free us from the contradiction that is Brockhall.

Our “club identity” is being made out to be as a working-class, terraced-house, cobbled-street town with an earthy, man-of-the-people, avuncular manager steering us to calmer waters following the post-industrial-revolution bust. Imagine having to drive out to the Ribble Valley every day and be reminded of your hypocrisy!

The Pride of Lancashire, eh?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Blue blood said:

Our identity is 'easy to beat' 

• Like 1

in`e thoroughly expecting mowbray,through his telegraph and facebook groupies,to try and spin out that the season has in fact been a success,despite challenging times everyone in the club is united and our journey continues,they`ll also be mentions of blackburn not being able to compete with the behemoths of barnsley and brentford and we should be grateful that tony is here

Just watched the interview with Travis from after the game on Friday and you can already see in the questions asked that it is all about moving on to next season now.

Fair enough I don't expect Yardley to ask a player if the manager should be sacked but the way the questions are slanted is just so obvious they are planning, expecting, hoping that this season can be swept under the carpet and repeat again next season.

All the talk about this season being a frustrating one and looking to get ready for next season to 'put it right'. 

It's just absolute rubbish, but I can see this is the way that Mowbray and his gang are going to spin this from here, and I just hope people don't buy it or lap it up.

I can guarantee that the dust will settle and people will soon forget about the performances and tail spin and relegation scrap we've ended up being dragged into and it will all be about injuries, excuses and move on to next season with a clean slate.

Only it won't be a clean slate. It will be the same manager, same assistant, same coaches, none of whom are good enough for the level needed to drag a club upwards and higher. Mowbray will never change because he's been doing this for 15 years as a manager and even if he knew how to change he wouldn't because it would go against his principles.

He doesn't deserve longer in the job. Someone else deserves the opportunity to change it. What has happened has happened. It should not be forgotten as soon as the season ends. There has to be an inquest which should already have started. 

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I can guarantee that the dust will settle and people will soon forget about the performances and tail spin and relegation scrap we've ended up being dragged into and it will all be about injuries, excuses and move on to next season with a clean slate.

How can you forget the results or we were almost involved in a relegation scrap despite Mowbray being backed financially over the last 3 years in terms of transfer fees and wages plus no sales of our key players within those 3 years. 

Why was Mowbray allowed to sign an injury prone player as his major defensive signing this season? why wasn't this questioned by the owners, Pasha, Waggott or Slivester? or was it but Mowbray assured them that he would sort out his injuries out and he would be massive player for us?

22 minutes ago, JHRover said:

He doesn't deserve longer in the job. Someone else deserves the opportunity to change it. What has happened has happened. It should not be forgotten as soon as the season ends. There has to be an inquest which should already have started. 

Yes you are right, Mowbray shouldn't be our manager anymore and he should be replace. 

I'm hoping that Pasha has already started the inquest at the club and why things need to be change at the club with Waggott, Mowbray and Venus being sack.