BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

1 minute ago, dallydally said:

Why wait any longer? They've dillied and dallied for too long already! 😤😤😤

I'm not suggesting waiting is a good idea. He should have been sacked weeks, if not months ago. My point was there is no remaining reason to keep him around once safety is secured. Even if the candidate they want isn't available yet 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Miller11 said:

Just noticed this tweet from Bennett.

Laughable how anyone currently connected with Rovers can complain about a lack of consequences to losing!

44E53D48-D750-4A54-9851-62BC6AC1977F.jpeg

Never ceases to amaze me how anyone would have the remotest interest in anything he has to say. Has never performed since joining the Club about from a few decent games from central midfield in League 1.

The only thing I want to read from him is that he has found another Club and he won't be sponging off us any longer.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I'm not suggesting waiting is a good idea. He should have been sacked weeks, if not months ago. My point was there is no remaining reason to keep him around once safety is secured. Even if the candidate they want isn't available yet 

Ditto Waggott.

Should have been landing in a heap outside the gates as soon as he got found out on the Brockhall scam and was forced into the embarrassing climb down.

• Like 3

“Lewis Holtby was the odd one out," Mowbray explained when discussing the German's omission.

"I want to get the young players involved and encourage lads like [John] Buckley.”

We are not entirely safe and he's really not interested in getting the points onboard or winning. All he wants is to encourage young players? He should really take on the U18/U23 coaching roles, and not a first-team manager of a football club.

8 minutes ago, yellowsubmarine said:

“Lewis Holtby was the odd one out," Mowbray explained when discussing the German's omission.

"I want to get the young players involved and encourage lads like [John] Buckley.”

We are not entirely safe and he's really not interested in getting the points onboard or winning. All he wants is to encourage young players? He should really take on the U18/U23 coaching roles, and not a first-team manager of a football club.

Then plays evans and a loanee trybull and leaves Buckley and Dolan on the bench 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, yellowsubmarine said:

I would go the opposite way, I have never really sensed any real danger at the bottom (not that its an achievement to clarify) so there should have been an element of forward planning long before last night, but especially now we are at 50 points.

You look at the side last night, Harwood Bellis and Elliott will go back, Evans, Trybull, Bennett and Douglas have comfortably proven that they should be nowhere near this club next season, as have Johnson and Holtby who started on Friday, and Rothwell is very lucky to be given so many chances too. Gallagher is poor but especially so on the wing, Lenihan should be here next season as obviously should Kaminski but both have not long left on their contracts, and obviously I suspect that Armstrong will be off too. One or two of those we had little choice but to play (Harwood Bellis and Douglas) but otherwise, it made no sense either short term (lots of rubbish that wont and hasn been helping us get results) nor long term when most wont be here next season.

I dont necessarily rate them quite as highly as others but the likes of Buckley, Davenport, Dolan, Brereton etc should all be allowed to try and prove that as squad players pushing for a first team place, that they can play their part next season, if not, then they should be loaned out. As it is, I suspect that they will all be here festering and achieving very little.

As it is, there is a manager who should have been potted ages ago continuing with a very blinkered view desperate to probably try and finish one or two places higher for when he goes cup in hand to our disinterested owners to convince them for a few pennies in the summer.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

Worth noting that Paul Cook has won 2 of his 12 games at Ipswich so far.

They've not scored a goal in 529 minutes of football either.

Yet another of Mercer’s stellar choices to add to Coyley and Wee Duggie! 

I’d love to think big and get a name manager in but I’m sure many would look at what being here has done for the careers of the previous 7. The one guy I think would jump at it is Gareth Ainsworth - get him in, build on the younger players and see how far he can take us. Now that would be an actual journey.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

two years ago

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Swanson said:

"He's earned the right to stay as long as he wants" 😳 Wow!

Screenshot_20210421-192248_Twitter.jpg

Unbelievable but slightly suspicious i'm assuming that guy is Irish judging by the name. Funnily enough iv'e had about 3 different Irish guys on twitter in the past month or so coming out with the same stuff.

Engage them in a real debate and they can't offer anything other than what he said there and the nice guy stuff. There's some serious fake PR afoot on his behalf, a sure sign they are trying damage limitation. Probably stems from his agents if i had to bet on it.

What is undeniable now is the majority of fans who post on various platforms think he's completely lost it.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Unbelievable but slightly suspicious i'm assuming that guy is Irish judging by the name. Funnily enough iv'e had about 3 different Irish guys on twitter in the past month or so coming out with the same stuff.

Engage them in a real debate and they can't offer anything other than what he said there and the nice guy stuff. There's some serious fake PR afoot on his behalf, a sure sign they are trying damage limitation. Probably stems from his agents if i had to bet on it.

What is undeniable now is the majority of fans who post on various platforms think he's completely lost it.

There's a few individuals on FB who still strongly support him though and excuse every defeat and shit performance under the guise of 'supporting the club through thick and thin'

Step forward Jamie Challender, John Brooker and Mark Sumner.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Yep, I took one on day before last. I checked him out and he hadn't previously posted since 2012, so go figure!

Let's take the bastards on!

WE ARE The Rovers!!!

• Like 2