BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

2 minutes ago, LDRover said:

There's a few individuals on FB who still strongly support him though and excuse every defeat and shit performance under the guise of 'supporting the club through thick and thin'

Step forward Jamie Challender, John Brooker and Mark Sumner.

christ i've argued with all three of those! 

• Like 1

Just now, darrenrover said:

Give up, I'm impatient and taking the mick! 😉

WATR!!!

As i've said i'll believe him going when i see it! i refuse to get my hopes up. That said nixon is now touting robins for the job which would be about right as he is HSH

3 minutes ago, LDRover said:

There's a few individuals on FB who still strongly support him though and excuse every defeat and shit performance under the guise of 'supporting the club through thick and thin'

FFS, engage them, embarrass them, take them on!!!!

WE ARE The Rovers!!!

• Like 1

Just now, PeteJD13 said:

As i've said i'll believe him going when i see it! i refuse to get my hopes up. That said nixon is now touting robins for the job which would be about right as he is HSH

Yeh, and who floats Nixons boat and fecking wallet. Do you think ten years ago he did 'eleven o'clockers' for fuck all?

Everyone, and I mean EVERY last ROVER, needs to wake the fuck up, smell the coffee and be absolutely determined to see these bastards (not Venkys) off, once and for all!

WE ARE The Rovers!!!

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

FFS, engage them, embarrass them, take them on!!!!

WE ARE The Rovers!!!

I did with Mark Sumner. After he'd repeatedly tried to ridicule me by calling me a 'bellend' he eventually conceded and agreed to disagree.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, PeteJD13 said:

christ i've argued with all three of those! 

I've seen you fighting the good fight Pete, good on you.

To be fair, their insistence on deflecting any blame from Mowbray is bordering on some kind of illness.

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, LDRover said:

I've seen you fighting the good fight Pete, good on you.

To be fair, their insistence on deflecting any blame from Mowbray is bordering on some kind of illness.

From being a kid that 'stood' on The Blackburn End when confronted by leather trench coated Boltonians and Chelsea clambering out of The Nuttall Street Stand, I'm calling on you all to fight these bastards!!

WATR!!!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

He’s quickly changed his tune, from that article...

‘I've always been a 'glass half full' character, which in many cases has blinded me and my immaturity but I'd like to think I have the intelligence to assess a business model that's stalled in a period of stagnation and is teetering on the lubricious slope of decline.’

Yet he was waxing lyrical about the structure and stability of the club - in his view largely in place due to the Venky/Mowbray relationship, literally this week in the Sheffield local rag, for example -  through Mowbray there has been a bridge. He has advised Venky’s on things, where investment is needed, and they’ve been happy to take it...a structure was brought in. ”  

Article just read like a collection of views from here to be honest put into a single article

''It wasn't until a baby fox emerged on the bridge connecting Hillsborough to Parkside Road over the River Don that I suddenly recaptured some sense of feeling, the adorable facial features a welcomed distraction before it scampered off into the darkness of the night.''

And they grow up to be Chicken Chokers so not all bad

1 hour ago, Southside Rover said:

Article just read like a collection of views from here to be honest put into a single article

The guy changes with how the wind is blowing. Hes all over SM so knows there's a Wind of Change coming so like Sharpe wants to be seen to be ahead of the curve.

Problem is that as the Vs like to feck our grey matter the WoC is likely to be a contract extension for Total Mess.

• Like 2

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/19249857.mowbray-lead-rovers-summer-pretty-big-change/?fbclid=IwAR35VGE7b9mCIzshZdQZQcQ56DPLEf5ykVbXet5GeXEvBHrAZf-1eknHwWg

Was it ever in doubt? The ONLY club where results don’t matter. The last week has shown that this is now the ONLY club in England where the views of supporters do not matter one iota either - their prerogative, I suppose, but a complete collapse in ST sales and revenues will be the result with a return to the third division most likely.

A shameful spectacle.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/19249857.mowbray-lead-rovers-summer-pretty-big-change/?fbclid=IwAR35VGE7b9mCIzshZdQZQcQ56DPLEf5ykVbXet5GeXEvBHrAZf-1eknHwWg

Was it ever in doubt? The ONLY club where results don’t matter. The last week has shown that this is now the ONLY club in England where the views of supporters do not matter one iota either - their prerogative, I suppose, but a complete collapse in ST sales and revenues will be the result with a return to the third division most likely.

A shameful spectacle.

I certainly won't be watching while that leach is in charge. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, LDRover said:

They don't seem to realize they aren't though they are just supporting a manager. A paid employee who's making a mess of his job which is, by normal clubs standards, to get results.

I doubt many of them have been around football more than a decade.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

A shameful spectacle.

An utter shambles.

As if we want Mowbray in charge of a summer overhaul. His transfer dealings are generally poor and always signs some Boro reject.

There will be no point in allowing fans back in at this rate, no one will want to turn up!

• Like 7

18 hours ago, Miller11 said:

Just noticed this tweet from Bennett.

Laughable how anyone currently connected with Rovers can complain about a lack of consequences to losing!

44E53D48-D750-4A54-9851-62BC6AC1977F.jpeg

Right at the bottom, hidden behind this

94236634-0F56-4E2E-9795-F6A587E77066.thumb.jpeg.8ec1eb8047bb266967c17fd8f732f5fa.jpeg

Was this...

1CAE6D68-8A45-4C4C-8899-AC46FEDDFF98.thumb.jpeg.44b4e9707bb26ef6383b451da8ca8fd2.jpeg

Respectful, not a single swear word, and even garnered an equal response (fair play Bennett) but presumably censored because someone with clueless individual (probably an LT commenter) took offence.

Twitter is utterly toxic and the sooner governments and big companies stop treating the poisonous swamp as though it represents public opinion the better.

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

An utter shambles.

As if we want Mowbray in charge of a summer overhaul. His transfer dealings are generally poor and always signs some Boro reject.

There will be no point in allowing fans back in at this rate, no one will want to turn up!

I see Warnock has just binned a couple, told they are out even before the season ends so he can give youth a go.

Total Mess is on the phone ......

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 2

It is just as I feared if Rich's article is correct.  

Venky's are very loyal to people that they trust and they trust Mowbray.  I can see Waggott and Mowbray selling them the utter cobblers narrative that this shambles of a season is due to the Pandemic and them buying it.

I really hope that I am wrong on this and they remove him at the end off the seaon.  If Mowbray is incharge next season then barring some miracle over the summner and complete change in his approach/attitude then  we will be in a relegation battle.

• Like 3

It's very dangerous letting a manager who knows he's on borrowed time, or is leaving when his contract is up, loose in a summer transfer window.

No telling what damage he might do whilst looking after people and serving other agendas. Typical of this lot though can't even see this is the perfect opportunity for real change.

Besides the first sales pitch to Venkys for this will be 'i need a new contract to convince others to stay'. I doubt one of them outside of the likes of Bennett & Evans really gives a toss if he stays or not. If they've any ambition they certainly shouldn't but if they like their comfort zone i suppose it might appeal.

We've had Mowbrays hamster wheel going round in circles for the past 3 seasons. Now it seems the Venky cycle is set to come around again. The peak of those cycles being a couple of seasons championship stability before the inevitable flip backwards and slide away.

Great, get your tickets bought for the Moggadon relegation show. Possession is 9/10ths of the law, results are just a sideshow.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Kamy100 said:

It is just as I feared if Rich's article is correct.  

Venky's are very loyal to people that they trust and they trust Mowbray.  I can see Waggott and Mowbray selling them the utter cobblers narrative that this shambles of a season is due to the Pandemic and them buying it.

I really hope that I am wrong on this and they remove him at the end off the seaon.  If Mowbray is incharge next season then barring some miracle over the summner and complete change in his approach/attitude then  we will be in a relegation battle.

Are Venkys really so thick? Every other club has had the COVID related issues, in fact the likes of Rotherham have suffered far more.

I think relegation “battle” is being optimistic.

• Like 7