BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

1 hour ago, Kamy100 said:

It is just as I feared if Rich's article is correct.  

Venky's are very loyal to people that they trust and they trust Mowbray.  I can see Waggott and Mowbray selling them the utter cobblers narrative that this shambles of a season is due to the Pandemic and them buying it.

I really hope that I am wrong on this and they remove him at the end off the seaon.  If Mowbray is incharge next season then barring some miracle over the summner and complete change in his approach/attitude then  we will be in a relegation battle.

I can't believe Rovers owners are so loyal to these 2 people in Waggott and Mowbray who need sacking asap after a disaster of a season following financial support from them. cant believe they trust them. In totally bewildering. 

What is Pasha here for? 

Why are they so loyal to Mowbray? Is it Balaji he speaks to mainly or the whole family of 4?

• Like 1

What a shocking morning this is ...” Mowbray to LEAD summer overhaul “

....you lead NOTHING with no one behind you ....he’s going to be a very lonely, but bloody well paid , “ leader “ at an empty Ewood Park next season.

What can we do , as a caring fan base , to bring out a change to this terrible situation ? 

• Like 3

Absolutely disgraceful - yet again - but what can we do?

Getting rid of Venky's and starting afresh - even be it as a Phoenix club - is the only way we will ever move on from this nightmare. After almost 11 years of this garbage is there anyone who honestly believe they are suddenly going to snap out of their 'confusion' and run the club with a modicum of respect for the fans?

In the words of one of their bootlickers, 'get real'.

I'd be behind any plan which could feasibly get rid of them - but does anyone have one?

Edited by Roverall
  • Like 5

Sharp has to step up a bit here. I know he needs to keep the club onside to a point, but printing that drivel is quite clearly going to enrage 99% of our fan base (the other 1% are either club stooges or have had a knock on the head).

Somebody has to start bringing him to account. Our owners clearly aren’t going to.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 4

Some man of integrity. Hanging around like a bad smell. Knowing the fans want him out and I'm guessing a lot of the players too. 

All the lies he has said about journeys and building and what has to happen this summer? A complete rebuild. 

No doubt when we are doing badly next season, he will point to all the transfers that needed to take place during the summer. Obviously it won't be his fault. 

You couldn't make this up 

Excuse based manager 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, broadsword said:

It really is unbelievable. What an absolute mess. Anyone going to be buying this season's highlights DVD? Because next season will make this one look like 99/2000.

At this point you have to say relegation is nailed on. 

For the first time in 60 years of watching Rovers I’ll be backing us to go down at the bookies if Mowbray is still here in August. Just like when we appointed Coyle, it’s a licence to print money.

• Like 6

Just now, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Sharp has to step up a bit here. I know he needs to keep the club onside to a point, but printing that drivel is quite clearly going to enrage 99% of our fan base. Somebody has to start bringing him to account. Our owners clearly aren’t going to.

The way that article was written with light, at best, criticism , is frankly pathetic 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

For the first time in 60 years of watching Rovers I’ll be backing us to go down at the bookies if Mowbray is still here in August. Just like when we appointed Coyle, it’s a licence to print money.

100% 

Bullshit. To let him lose on with signings then. It's crazy. He will relegate us or be gone by November. 

Fans need to protest. They need to hold the LT to account. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Dolly blue said:

What can we do , as a caring fan base , to bring out a change to this terrible situation ? 

We could establish an organisation with the single business objective to wrest control of the club back from the ignorant and plainly corrupt few, so that it could be returned to the supporters as a gift in perpetuity.

It could be called 'Blackburn Rovers Fans Collective Ltd' with articles of association, a limited company registration, officers and resources.

That would be a start, IMO. There are plenty of people on here who could bring significant business acumen and experience, capital and that vital ingredient - a passion for what happens to our small town club, winners of the Premier League.

I'd chip in on a monthly basis by Direct Debit to help fund the cause..

Edited by WIR Second Coming
He's fat, he's round, he's tearing down the ground, Steve Waggot, Steve Maggot!
  • Like 4

Chip away under the badge and you would find a catacomb of emptiness, the support system and passion that used to be behind the club has all but gone, empty shell of a club that is no longer Blackburn rovers, it’s venkys side show with very much out of country out of mind. If they were a vehicle they would have long subjected it to the back yard covered in moss and marked as off road, waiting for the day to take it to the scrap heap or some enthusiast sees it from the street and makes an offer to take it off their hands. Once proud owner would be in despair at the thought of his pride and joy being allowed to bleed out, uncared for and not maintained.

we may have an irresponsible and dangerous driver but the owner is failing the enthusiasts by continuing to give him the keys 

• Like 4

• Backroom
24 minutes ago, den said:

Someone tell me how this situation now, isn’t exactly the same situation we were in with Kean? Comparisons are valid in my opinion.

I never believed we would be in that position again.

The only difference IMO is that there was something stopping Venky's from sacking Kean - hence Shebby's parachuting in to effectively force him to resign - but I don't think there's anything stopping them from sacking TM. They just don't care enough about the club to do so. Who's to say they are even aware of what's going on? Any owner with the tiniest amount of basic sense would have sacked this manager a long time ago. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Chip away under the badge and you would find a catacomb of emptiness, the support system and passion that used to be behind the club has all but gone, empty shell of a club that is no longer Blackburn rovers, it’s venkys side show with very much out of country out of mind. If they were a vehicle they would have long subjected it to the back yard covered in moss and marked as off road, waiting for the day to take it to the scrap heap or some enthusiast sees it from the street and makes an offer to take it off their hands. Once proud owner would be in despair at the thought of his pride and joy being allowed to bleed out, uncared for and not maintained.

we may have an irresponsible and dangerous driver but the owner is failing the enthusiasts by continuing to give him the keys 

That’s their master plan. Continually demoralise the support until there’s hardly anybody left. Then pull the plug when there’s nobody left who cares.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

That’s their master plan. Continually demoralise the support until there’s hardly anybody left. Then pull the plug when there’s nobody left who cares.

That's an expensive master plan considering they're £200m+ in debt.

But then they seem an incompetent bunch so you could be right.

• Like 2

• Backroom
8 hours ago, Ghost7 said:

Got to say I'm finding it difficult to support a club where the fans happiness is so unimportant. This week showed just how important fans are to the game but at Rovers we haven't been listened to since 2010. It's difficult to take and continue to support financially and with enthusiasm.

Neville's comments about certain owners being imposters is exactly right.

“You never hear from the owners of these clubs” he said - that part really resonated with me and I'm sure it does with many others.

Venky's should be ashamed at how they've estranged so many fans from this great and historical football club.

I realise, and couldn't care less that they've supported us financially, many others could do the same but loyal, hardworking fans take greater joy from much smaller gestures than that. The fans want to be listened to and feel a part of this club.

A manager losing the fans should mean something, it has to. Someone somewhere is not getting that message across and the fans have been failed yet again.

I gave this post a 'like' after the first paragraph. 

So true, and I have never felt so disengaged with the club. I very much doubt I will be renewing my season ticket if Mowbray is still in charge. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Ghost7 said:

Got to say I'm finding it difficult to support a club where the fans happiness is so unimportant. This week showed just how important fans are to the game but at Rovers we haven't been listened to since 2010. It's difficult to take and continue to support financially and with enthusiasm.

Neville's comments about certain owners being imposters is exactly right.

“You never hear from the owners of these clubs” he said - that part really resonated with me and I'm sure it does with many others.

Venky's should be ashamed at how they've estranged so many fans from this great and historical football club.

I realise, and couldn't care less that they've supported us financially, many others could do the same but loyal, hardworking fans take greater joy from much smaller gestures than that. The fans want to be listened to and feel a part of this club.

A manager losing the fans should mean something, it has to. Someone somewhere is not getting that message across and the fans have been failed yet again.

Take a bow. This absolutely nails it for me.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

I can't believe Rovers owners are so loyal to these 2 people in Waggott and Mowbray who need sacking asap after a disaster of a season following financial support from them. cant believe they trust them. In totally bewildering. 

What is Pasha here for? 

Why are they so loyal to Mowbray? Is it Balaji he speaks to mainly or the whole family of 4?

I dont think it is loyalty any more than negligence.

Loyalty would be based on a belief or delusion that he is the best man for the job, based on their experience, or that whilst they understand results and performances are dire they would much rather not fire him because they like him but instead will try and move on and better the club by encouraging him out or even sideways.

None of that here. They just don't care so won't do anything. Same old really. It was only ever their underlings who got rid of managers. They've been happy to stick with all of them. 

Keeping him on next season would be up there with one of the worst decisions they have made. If he is here next season then a relegation battle is a certainty and relegation itself quite likely which with our finances and times we are living in would be catastrophic for the club. 

• Like 3

Very, very strange and another example of detached foreign owners ruining football.

As I've said before I don't like the personal abuse aimed at TM, but it's time to move on. 

I'm a bit confused how we could play so well early in the season and then fall way so badly. 

Edited by Paul Mellelieu
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I dont think it is loyalty any more than negligence.

Loyalty would be based on a belief or delusion that he is the best man for the job, based on their experience, or that whilst they understand results and performances are dire they would much rather not fire him because they like him but instead will try and move on and better the club by encouraging him out or even sideways.

None of that here. They just don't care so won't do anything. Same old really. It was only ever their underlings who got rid of managers. They've been happy to stick with all of them. 

Ya. Simply they see the pandemic impact on their other businesses and being completely unaware of football nuance, buy that it's the reason we are doing so badly.