BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

At least Pallister is someone he played with not just a name plucked out of thin air like the original viper tongued one.

Mind you if Gary was still at Boro he'd be here next season on a 3 yr 20k a week deal set up by HSH. Defenders are coming...via Teeside....

1 hour ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

REALLY?😟

The root cause of all our problems leads back to Pune and their utter mismanagement of the Club.

They have been an unmitigated disaster for this Club from day one and even despite their financial input keeping the Rovers on life support I struggle to give them any credit.

The nightmare looks set to continue unabated.

I genuinely don’t believe they are the ones behind decisions at the moment. Rather they are advised by people who they deemed trustworthy. Unfortunately Waggot seems to fit in to that profile, and he is very chummy with Mowbray. Of course they deserve critism for their lack of backbone and spine to take control and take action. But sadly I think it’s pretty clear that they don’t care that much to invest the level of thought required into it. In relation to that, it is evident that the power of the running of the club is held by the people who sit below Venkys in the pecking order. 

I do believe they have put themselves in with a chance of making strides to bridge the relationship with the fans. The club is much more stable than what is was. Our academy has been fantastically run in recent years. And their continued financial backing has been impressive, and very much needed. But their reluctance to engage with the fans and take more of a focal involvement in the running of the club completely casts those positives aside. Us as fans just want our voices heard, listened to, considered and acted upon. We want an impact on how our club is run and until Venkys engage with the views of the fan base they will never be able to bridge our relationship with them. 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, windymiller7 said:

🥱😴

Why did I subject myself to listening to that? It's just mindless boring monotone waffle, going round & round in circles!

Just go please Tony. I've gone beyond angry and ended up at just apathetic now.

Imagine getting a team talk from him, that would really inspire players to give more

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ewood Ace said:

He's gone into full Kean mode now. No doubt the next Rooney, Batistuta, Smalling and Irwin will be coming in next season.

He's never played in the Premier League, Tony lying again.

He only played 10 games for us and got worse the more he played.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, rog of the rovers said:

Has Tony Mowbray already had his chance to rebuild the club?

Has he been given time?

Has he been supported through long stretches without victories?

Has he been encouraged and respected by the fanbase?

Has he had the chance to buy his own players?

Has he tried to introduce a style and a culture?

Has he been able/encouraged to promote the youth players he feels are good enough?

Has he had to adapt to a changing market, division, expectations?

Has he had the backing of the board and senior managers?

If any of the answers above were NO, then I'd be willing to stand by him and give him more time.

He's had three and a half seasons in the Championship.

Lets be brutally honest, we're right back where we were when he took over.

Nailed it. 

Unless Sharpe has a direct line into someone higher up the food chain than Waggott, IMO Sharpe won't have a clue whether Mowbray is staying or going.

The whole article and ...'indications are that Rovers will stick by their manager...' are merely based on the latest nonsensical interview with Mowbray himself.

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

I think it’s been pretty evident he will be here next season for a while. The whole idea of an end of season review is completely stupid, and admittedly therefore plausible with our idiot owners, but if he was going he’d be gone by now.

There’s not a single valid argument for him to still be in the job. None.

I expect that Waggott, a man who since day one has, barring the occasional early platitude positioned himself firmly against the clubs supporters, will double down.

Expect increased ticket prices, aggressive guilt tripping dressed up as a marketing campaign, even more insulting interviews, lies and plenty more dumbing down and running down of our club. Oh, and the continuous reminders of how knowledgeable, humble and passionate Venky’s are, and how we should be grateful to them. The excuses for the record low ST sales will already have been thought up.

They will be hoping for apathy. Ideally enough to have another go at a property development.

Yes they'll get their whopping salaries regardless then the low gates will be blamed soley on covid. When the crowd start to tell the manager what they really think it'll be blamed for poor performances.

Perfect storm for these chancers but then again Ewood always will be under this ownership. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

He won’t be here next season. Will be formally relieved of his duties once the season is finished.

He’s staying to effectively hand over and tie off loose ends. Hence why he knows the budget already. Advising on who needs to be kept on etc.

New broom for a new season!

Why would he be told the budget if he was going to be removed? Sadly, I think its false hope to think he will be removed.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

He won’t be here next season. Will be formally relieved of his duties once the season is finished.

He’s staying to effectively hand over and tie off loose ends. Hence why he knows the budget already. Advising on who needs to be kept on etc.

Really hope you are right.

If this is the case though it’s absolute madness! He’s not a competent advisor. A new man should’ve been given enough time to at least assess things themselves, if not to salvage something from this absolutely disastrous campaign.

• Like 5

Even if he was to be let go, it is still further incompetence and negligence on behalf of Venkys to allow Mowbray to start telling players that they are staying or going only for him to be removed.

Obviously leaving him as manager would be even more senseless and sadly it seems inevitable.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Well Paul, I’ve just had a gin...then read this post....thought I’d had one too many .....I don’t know whether to begin to hope ( again ) ...dare I ?? 
Don’t know if it’s a source or a hunch on your part ...but , at least , at least ..........

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

We don't need Marlon back.

Will Maggot be going with him? He needs removing post haste.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Who's hoodwinked you into believing that one ?

Why would anyone in their right minds let a departing manager under a bit of a cloud start deciding who he wants to keep ?  Only way i see that being the case is if they are just rearranging the chairs. He steps aside but stays on in some capacity and Venus and/or Johno stand in the line of fire.

It'll be cooked up by him & Swaggo as well not the owners.

Just watch and see.

• Like 2

Just now, Paul Mani said:

He doesn't sound like a man who's going. He'll be here when the season starts. 

32 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Shocked and horrified.

It now seems more likely Mowbray will be offered a new extended contract rather than be sacked!  IMO, this is all too reminiscent of the Kean era.

IMO, our club is engulfed by a cancer - I think there is no rhyme or reason behind executive decision making. 

After some 60 years of supporting Rovers through thick, thin and very thin, I am now finished with the club.  Waggott and Mowbray disgust me and by the time they leave town, I dread to think what will be left of our club.  

Come on Mercer, you're far to long in the tooth to believe this nonsense.

The owners are the problem, the managers are just a side show.

593 pages of managerial discussion, when the owners are the real villains. 

If fans can't see that after 10yrs, you're not looking hard enough.

Venkys Out.

Edited by Gav
  • Like 3