BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

What happened to the summer review?

For weeks, no months, his story has been that we need to get through the season to the summer and then we can assess, review and see what the owners want to do.

Now all of a sudden he knows his budget, knows who's going, knows who he wants to keep and is planning ahead.

How? When?

• Like 1

So according to Mowbray for the first time in Venkies entire reign they have proactively decided to keep him in place, organise a budget, decide on contracts and all this without a meeting. Who is he trying to Kid the contract extensions would always have been activated. The more senior pros would always have a decision hanging over them That has not changed. Pickering was always coming.

I think he struggles for something to say and this is the best he can do. It also diverts attention from that on the pitch disaster he’s in the process of over seeing.

The boro big fella has a meeting coming with his masters. Let’s see how he fares then. We should have got used to his blag by now. Absolutely said nothing in that interview. What a load of old guff.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Mercer said:

I think our owners are a problem - how many business folk out there spunk away some £20million a year whilst at the same time, IMO, sit idly by and watch their 'investment' go to rack and ruin.

However, the club's most important senior managers (Waggott and Mowbray) are, IMO, two imbeciles who have been taking the p1ss out of the club and its fans for some time now.

I could just about stomach indifferent ownership if I knew the operational senior management of Rovers had the best interests of the club at heart;  IMO, Waggott and Mowbray fail miserably on this.   

It’s a side show, Waggot, Agnew, Shaw, Singh, King rat, Coyle and many more.

Venkys are the problem, they allow the current regime to take the piss out of the fans, 'stomaching' them under any circumstances is a bloody disgrace, now wonder we're in the shit.

Bigger picture FFS.

Edited by Gav
  • Like 5

The most demoralising aspect is that nobody is listening. This is an echo chamber. We now have a manager who's position is untenable talking about plans for next season. His talk of a journey is so far displaced from the truth he is starting to sound like comical Ali. The current plans seem to involve most of the first team squad leaving and the manager who has just presided over one of the worst runs in the clubs history staying. He claims that we play attractive football but I honestly cannot stand watching us passing it about aimlessly like we do at present and the plan seems to be that we keep pushing on with this style of play. Are we truly expected to buy into these plans?? When faced with a situation where ones feelings are completely ignored its healthiest to just disengage (although it's hard for me to imagine disengaging any further than I already have done in the last 3 months!). This is heading in a very bad direction. 

• Like 8

Not one soul on here knows what Venkys are thinking. We can speculate all we'd like but it won't do anything. 

Clueless Coyle got potted after 30 points from 31 games.

Mowbray currently has 11 from 17. 

How will he magically turn it around next season given that half his team are teenage loanees and a good portion of the rest are out of contract? 

I'm with Gav though. Venkys have ultimate responsibility.

Paying the bills or not they bought the best run team in the Premier League for peanuts and have spent 10 years and now £200m turning Rovers into a struggling Championship outfit managed by a man who is seemingly past his sell by date at the club. Backed up by a coach (Venus) who can't set up a team, and a Chief Exec who attempted to sell off the training ground cloak and dagger style and was outed forcing him to backtrack.

It's far far too late now but I do wonder if Venkys ever think what could have been had they left everything in place when they were handed the keys and used £20m per season to buy a quality player. Their outlay would have been the same however that £200m debt would not exist, and the club would be worth north of that figure too.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Paul Mani said:

He won’t be here next season. Will be formally relieved of his duties once the season is finished.

He’s staying to effectively hand over and tie off loose ends. Hence why he knows the budget already. Advising on who needs to be kept on etc.

New broom for a new season!

My reading also. I interpreted the dallying over new contracts as “let the next guy decide”.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Am I the only one that doesnt take todays LT article as proof that Mowbray will be here next season? It seems like the usual spiel to me, Mowbray has absolutely no clue what his budget will be next season never mind whether he will be here himself, our owners dont give a shit about us, and continue to let us down. Seems like a non story.

For the record, I am sure he will be here sadly and I fear a severe threat of relegation.

It felt a bit like a click bait piece to me.

Nobody has any really clue what Venkys will do so they try to second guess.

I expect it was a well clicked story and generated quite a bit of ad revenue.

We would do well to boycott the LT until they start to defend the people of this town against the out-of-town mercenaries taking money out of it - and laughing at us. Even just by asking a few pointed questions.

Don’t buy the rag but especially don’t click on the stories and don’t post links until they start acting like a proper newspaper.

• Like 2

• Backroom
40 minutes ago, Gamst said:

The most demoralising aspect is that nobody is listening. This is an echo chamber. We now have a manager who's position is untenable talking about plans for next season. His talk of a journey is so far displaced from the truth he is starting to sound like comical Ali. The current plans seem to involve most of the first team squad leaving and the manager who has just presided over one of the worst runs in the clubs history staying. He claims that we play attractive football but I honestly cannot stand watching us passing it about aimlessly like we do at present and the plan seems to be that we keep pushing on with this style of play. Are we truly expected to buy into these plans?? When faced with a situation where ones feelings are completely ignored its healthiest to just disengage (although it's hard for me to imagine disengaging any further than I already have done in the last 3 months!). This is heading in a very bad direction. 

Which is a more likely to happen? TM leaving or being treated to a few paragraphs? 🤔

I get the feeling both are pipe dreams. 😜

You're bang on in what you say though, passionate and from the heart.

Sad to see so many disillusioned fans. Then infuriating when people have the gall to call us spoilt for feeling that way. Couldn't be further from the truth the crap we've put up with this last decade. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

He won’t be here next season. Will be formally relieved of his duties once the season is finished.

He’s staying to effectively hand over and tie off loose ends. Hence why he knows the budget already. Advising on who needs to be kept on etc.

New broom for a new season!

Must admit, a manager soon to be on his bike getting to oversee the budget, ins and outs etc for the incoming set up does sound just the type of lunacy this idiotic regime would go for.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

Don’t know about Waggot...

Use your 'force' to find out if possible and if not sew seeds for his removal ASAP hehe.  Thanks for the info I hope it pans out.

47 minutes ago, speeeeeeedie said:

Not one soul on here knows what Venkys are thinking.

I do

tenor.gif.0577c4cf751bf9e4b4186e85e4725d8f.gif

Edited by Ulrich
  • Like 3

Listened to his interview today. He spoke in the third person all the way through and I never heard him use words like “my job is to...” etc...he spoke about everything ‘the club’ needs to do because they’ve spent the last few weeks and days handing over and dealing with pressing issues.

When has he EVER known the budget at this stage? It’s happening... 

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Listened to his interview today. He spoke in the third person all the way through and I never heard him use words like “my job is to...” etc...he spoke about everything ‘the club’ needs to do because they’ve spent the last few weeks and days handing over and dealing with pressing issues.

When has he EVER known the budget at this stage? It’s happening... 

Is that from your sources or assumptions due to the way he's in the interview? 

22 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Is that from your sources or assumptions due to the way he's in the interview? 

Him and MV going is about as solid as it gets other than them admitting themselves.

The video critique is my opinion based on what I can see. 

• Like 1

It’s incredible that he’s not been removed yet, even more incredible is the mainstream media not even questioning it.

Wayne Rooney however, a bloke not even in the job for a year, big news. Can he turn it around? Will he be sacked?

Meanwhile at the Rovers press conference... “will Nyambe be fit for the next defeat Tony?”

• Like 4

A decent salesman would be able to blag another year out of them.

The pandemic....Its very bad in India at the moment, so they won't want to recruit without seeing the new manager 

Dack - unlucky losing our "best player"

Pitch  - Knackered

All things out of his control

Goals for - Decent

Armstrong   - £15-20m

Things that were his control

I think he will stay personally.

5 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

I heard this third hand nine days ago which is why I was raising my eyebrows at the LT's take on events today. Reassuring to hear it corroborated from a separate source.

Hope to god it's true although even if it is I think Mowbray could do untold damage before he departs for good. Should have fired him off some time ago and got a new man in to use the rest of the season to assess the squad. Or what will be left of it.

We also need Waggott out ASAP as well before he can  run the Club down even further than he already has.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, rossyrover said:

I hope that Mowbray leaves at the end of this week realising his time as manager is up otherwise I think if he remains in post relegation is a real certainty.

Fixed that for you mate 👍

Edited by DeeCee
  • Like 1

I agree with Mani, I think he knows he is gone, I wasn't buying that interview at all. 

Smartest thing Venkys will ever do is get rid of Tony, and go get Ainsworth. Would probably double season ticket sales alone. 

Edited by Fraserkirky
  • Like 5

4 hours ago, Fraserkirky said:

I agree with Mani, I think he knows he is gone, I wasn't buying that interview at all. 

Smartest thing Venkys will ever do is get rid of Tony, and go get Ainsworth. Would probably double season ticket sales alone. 

He knows it, the academy knows it, the coaches know it....everyone knows it now.

The interview just backed it up mate.

I think Ainsworth would be a really smart move too. One that’s likely beyond their vision 🙈

• Like 3

‘I do feel when I look at it, from speaking to the analysts on how we’re doing goals for and against, we’re better with goals against but short on goals for compared to last season.’

Glancing at the league standings on behalf of our famous table-phobe and reading the GF and GA column qualifies you as ‘an analyst’ down there by the sounds of it. Nice work if you can get it.

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/19253213.rovers-fallen-way-short-expectation-says-mowbray/

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 4