BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

1 hour ago, Paul Mani said:

He knows it, the academy knows it, the coaches know it....everyone knows it now.

The interview just backed it up mate.

I think Ainsworth would be a really smart move too. One that’s likely beyond their vision 🙈

So the coaches you know at Brockhall are convinced he’s off at the end of the season?

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

‘I do feel when I look at it, from speaking to the analysts on how we’re doing goals for and against, we’re better with goals against but short on goals for compared to last season.’

Glancing at the league standings on behalf of our famous table-phobe and reading the GF and GA column qualifies you as ‘an analyst’ down there by the sounds of it. Nice work if you can get it.

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/19253213.rovers-fallen-way-short-expectation-says-mowbray/

What does he expect when he contradicts himself every time he opens his gob? Can you imagine working with him?
You wouldn't know what you were doing from one day to the next.

• Like 1

Baz: You're sacked

Mog: This is an outrage. I'm the finest performance-related coach in the land. 

Baz: Yadda Yadda. You're shit. However, we would like you to stay on an tie up some loose ends until the summer when we replace you with someone better.

Mog: Yes, that doesn't sound demeaning at all. I'd love to. 

Seems legit. 

• Like 5

43 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

I haven’t spoken to them directly. They wouldn’t break ranks on him even if I asked. 

I'm too exhausted with the worrying about the shit show we've become to start questioning you about your sources. I just hope and pray that you're right here. Mowbray going will only be a small victory as Venkys will always be diabolical, but whilst they remain small victories is all we can hope for.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Baz: Yadda Yadda. You're shit. However, we would like you to stay on an tie up some loose ends until the summer when we replace you with someone better.

Seems legit. 

This might make sense in Venky land though, right? When they eventually remember who Rovers and Mowbray are they'll remember that they like him and that'll be enough to trust him to guide them through his own removal. I totally buy in to this being possible with those utter clowns.

Though I'm still fully expecting him to be gurning it up in our dugout when the new season kicks off

I don't write here a lot but I am sick and tired of TM

I am not sure why we as fans have no say about this. With all the respect, this club is for the fans and our voice must be heard.
TM must be sacked and I am sure most of Rovers fans agree.

Is there something we can do to make our voice heard?  

• Like 3

Just now, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

This might make sense in Venky land though, right? When they eventually remember who Rovers and Mowbray are they'll remember that they like him and that'll be enough to trust him to guide them through his own removal. I totally buy in to this being possible with those utter clowns.

Though I'm still fully expecting him to be gurning it up in our dugout when the new season kicks off

You missed my point. Why would Mowbray agree to it? If they want to sack him why would he stick around? He'd just say 'pay me up now' why on earth would he continue to work. It sounds very far-fetched. 

9 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

You missed my point. Why would Mowbray agree to it? If they want to sack him why would he stick around? He'd just say 'pay me up now' why on earth would he continue to work. It sounds very far-fetched. 

With you. This is assuming he's been told though. Or if he has been told, perhaps his pay off is contingent with a smooth transition? His stock is falling by the game, this could be a way to keep some dignity.

I'm also not putting anything past Mowbray not fully understanding what he's been told either, frankly. He's not the sharpest. 

More than likely clutching at straws with this thought process I'm fully aware, but straws are all we fucking have these days 

• Like 1

I just think he doesn't know either way.

He expects the sack, as anyone would after his performance.

But in typical Venky fashion they are either ignoring things or are confused so haven't given him his marching orders.

So we've a manager who knows he is finished yet one who will carry on until told otherwise. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

‘I do feel when I look at it, from speaking to the analysts on how we’re doing goals for and against, we’re better with goals against but short on goals for compared to last season.’

Glancing at the league standings on behalf of our famous table-phobe and reading the GF and GA column qualifies you as ‘an analyst’ down there by the sounds of it. Nice work if you can get it.

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/19253213.rovers-fallen-way-short-expectation-says-mowbray/

Did I read this right? No excuses says TM, whilst not shouldering the blame (why would he?)

BUT the second half of the article is full of excuses - that the excuses come and go, relegated teams have too much financial muscle, the schedule (which only hinders us apparently) the pitch. No excuses apart from the truck load of excuses he goes on to offer. 

And then of course there is the best excuse yet - the one that both highlights his inability as a manager and is cringe worthy on a Super League scale. "Some teams haven't had the season we expected" ie they have done better than we thought. The vipers! How dare they? I mean how low can Total Mess sink when he complains of the opposition performing well? What. A. Plank. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, rossyrover said:

I hope that Mowbray leaves at the end of this season realising his time as manager is up otherwise I think if he remains in post relegation is a real possibility.

The summer will have to be very kind to us if he stays put it that way. 

1 hour ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Seems legit. 

Exactly !

Truth of the matter will be nobody knows ANYTHING of has heard anything so they are just carrying on as normal. We all know if or when a Venky axe swings nobody sees it coming. He could win 1 and draw 2 of the first 3 next season and get booted or he could lose the first 5 and still retain their faith.

The loose ends scenario though is garbage, if he does suspect he'll be gone he'll be busy trying to look after as many as he can contract wise.

Very dangerous and stupid scenario.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

Did I read this right? No excuses says TM, whilst not shouldering the blame (why would he?)

BUT the second half of the article is full of excuses - that the excuses come and go, relegated teams have too much financial muscle, the schedule (which only hinders us apparently) the pitch. No excuses apart from the truck load of excuses he goes on to offer. 

And then of course there is the best excuse yet - the one that both highlights his inability as a manager and is cringe worthy on a Super League scale. "Some teams haven't had the season we expected" ie they have done better than we thought. The vipers! How dare they? I mean how low can Total Mess sink when he complains of the opposition performing well? What. A. Plank. 

Yeah--what about Barnsley? Didn't wait their turn, gone all out for top 6 in one season!

Bloody cheek of it. 

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

Him and MV going is about as solid as it gets other than them admitting themselves.

The video critique is my opinion based on what I can see. 

Paul what you have described is pretty much what I was told would be happening at the end of the season. I was told this about half way through the death spiral by someone who I trust. Then there seemed to be a new urgency (I can't remember which defeat it was after, they are all blending into one now!) and the same person indicated that the termination was being brought forward, which is when I posted that info on here. I have no idea what happened (nor does he) but it sounds to me like they had a replacement in mind that fell through.

Based on what I have been told previously, and his demeanour and statements in all recent interviews, I 100% believe that he will walk away at the end of the season. 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

He knows it, the academy knows it, the coaches know it....everyone knows it now.

The interview just backed it up mate.

I think Ainsworth would be a really smart move too. One that’s likely beyond their vision 🙈

If you’re right and he goes. I will be sending a pint your way. I just can’t see it with our mockery of owners/board. 

3 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Paul what you have described is pretty much what I was told would be happening at the end of the season. I was told this about half way through the death spiral by someone who I trust. Then there seemed to be a new urgency (I can't remember which defeat it was after, they are all blending into one now!) and the same person indicated that the termination was being brought forward, which is when I posted that info on here. I have no idea what happened (nor does he) but it sounds to me like they had a replacement in mind that fell through.

Based on what I have been told previously, and his demeanour and statements in all recent interviews, I 100% believe that he will walk away at the end of the season. 

After reading the LT interview the other day I felt nothing but dread for next season, however seems like you and Mani have given me a little bit of hope that we will have a team and management next season that I believe in and can get behind. 

If you are right and he’s going, and that it’s been in the pipeline for months, surely they will have a manger lined up? If it is that it can’t be Ainsworth as the way he’s been talking about the future and next season recently in interviews for Wycombe would indicate that he’s not had any offers from Rovers. 

What worries me is that TM talks about players and contracts like it’s his decision, which indicates to me that he’s staying. As surely who gets offered a contract is dependent on the views of the one who will actually manage the team next season. I also struggle to believe if he is going, that we haven’t heard a sniff of a rumour of a potential new manager lined up.  

• Like 2

Why I think he might go:

1) there are a number of rumours floating around.

2) he must realise he is doing crap and I think his pride might mean he goes before we get in the relegation zone thereby keeping his reputation intact (don't agree with the latter but can see him thinking like this.)

3) the scheme of decision and delay to implementation is very Venkys. 

4) Selling off the training ground has stalled.

Why I don't think he is going

1) Results, poor transfers etc would have got him the boot long before now if they mattered. It did for GB and Coyle. 

2) He is trusted by them. 

3) His mate is CEO

4) He is in full self preservation mode which wouldn't be necessary if he were going - like is arse licking article the owners are brilliant people.

5) Our owners don't get any decisions right - so can't see him being forced out.

Blimey if only we were a normal club! I'm honestly not getting my hopes up he is going. The only faint hope for me is he is so prideful that he might not bare to see us in the bottom 3 and that is a certainty next season if he stays. My hope is his pride is greater than his avarace. 

28 minutes ago, TruRover said:

What worries me is that TM talks about players and contracts like it’s his decision, which indicates to me that he’s staying. As surely who gets offered a contract is dependent on the views of the one who will actually manage the team next season. I also struggle to believe if he is going, that we haven’t heard a sniff of a rumour of a potential new manager lined up.  

Since when did Tony Mowbray deal in truth and fact? 😉

• Like 1