BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

30 minutes ago, Wegerleswiggle said:

I was told Eddie Howe was the one that had turned us down. We'd been in talks for weeks with him. 

Is this from good source? 

2 hours ago, DE. said:

What's worse is that Pulis would likely be the most sensible and suitable appointment the owners had ever made during their time here - at the very least on par with Lambert.

Pulis would be awful disappointing appointment. He is yesterday man. 

I think we need someone who would United the fan base and give us something to look forward to next season. Few managers out there who would do this

7 hours ago, Blue blood said:

Mate that's not a birthday present, that's a birthday, Christmas, Easter, Hannukah and sod it I'll treat myself present all rolled into one. 

Had to Google Hannukah but I'll be having several birthdays all at once if he's gone, plus giving £10 to a charity of Darrenrover's choice 😁👍

5 hours ago, Mercer said:

Think @paulmani and @oldjamfan1could well be right and Mowbray is offski.

Spoke this lunchtime with the guy who told me after the Bournemouth match that Mowbray would be gone within hours - he'd seen my post last night and told me 'all was still on', patience called for.  Asked who he thought was next in line and how quickly he thought a new manager would be in place - would neither confirm nor deny Rovers had been turned down by a managerial target as that would be 'wild' speculation (think there might be a cryptic clue in there and I'd hazard a guess that Wilder was targeted but has bigger fish to fry).  Was loathe to post this after what didn't happen almost three long weeks ago but maybe there remains a glimmer of hope for those who want Mowbray gone.

I think your Alex Neil prediction of a few weeks ago will not be far off the mark. There is an unresolved situation that will have a knock-on vacancy that he might be in the running for (surprisingly) that is stopping him from being available right now. 

On 22/04/2021 at 18:54, Paul Mani said:

He won’t be here next season. Will be formally relieved of his duties once the season is finished.

He’s staying to effectively hand over and tie off loose ends. Hence why he knows the budget already. Advising on who needs to be kept on etc.

New broom for a new season!

Hope that's right mate🙏

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LDRover said:

You off on the Tolkein trail Merce followed by a bottle of vino collapso at the Shireburn?

A favourite haunt of ours.  Good grub, great ales and terrific views with Brockhall in sight!  Hat trick of visits since re-opening!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

Listened to his interview today. He spoke in the third person all the way through and I never heard him use words like “my job is to...” etc...he spoke about everything ‘the club’ needs to do because they’ve spent the last few weeks and days handing over and dealing with pressing issues.

When has he EVER known the budget at this stage? It’s happening... 

Is there a link to this interview. I appeared to have missed it. 👍

• Like 1

No way is this squad a Pullis squad and he wouldn't suit the young player development line.

However if it's top 6 you want and being hard to beat then him, a bit of backing and 2 or 3 windows would be logical.

If they are only interested in rotating players for squad value might as well leave Mowbray in situ. Put STs up to £500 each and let him and the 4k who turn up and sit in mid/lower mid confusion forever.

Are we back to having different factions at the club and in Pune wanting different things ?

I think we could be, this warned of years ago when TM & his mates got their feet firmly under the table. Very hard to shift and very expensive.

14 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Are we back to having different factions at the club and in Pune wanting different things ?

I think we could be, this warned of years ago when TM & his mates got their feet firmly under the table. Very hard to shift and very expensive.

Mowbray and Waggott vs. Pasha? Pune loathe to sack despite his recommendations due to loyalty and £?

36 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

For what it’s worth - Nixon (ha) and Myers reckon that he’ll be here next season.

Myers makes me laugh happy for mowbray to stay in the job underachieving, but god forbid if it was happening at Everton!. Not sure Nixon has the inside line, that said my journo contact was sure Mowbray was safe

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, PeteJD13 said:

Myers makes me laugh happy for mowbray to stay in the job underachieving, but god forbid if it was happening at Everton!. Not sure Nixon has the inside line, that said my journo contact was sure Mowbray was safe

Yeah fully agreed. I like Alan and have a lot of time for him, but he seems surprised that Rovers fans, in general, want Mowbray out. As you say, if an Everton manager had won 2 in 17 then he’d be leading a mutiny and utilising every media contact he has.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Yeah fully agreed. I like Alan and have a lot of time for him, but he seems surprised that Rovers fans, in general, want Mowbray out. As you say, if an Everton manager had won 2 in 17 then he’d be leading a mutiny and utilising every media contact he has.

Hes a dickhead, did a shite job here, but to be fair hes a fucking sky sport reporter, so how the hell the knobhead got a job here who knows, sums up this shit tip of a club.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Nixon saying he been told that Mowbray stays and that he is already lining up deals and in talks with players ffs 

The only consolation here is they simply wouldn’t have a clue if Mowbray were to stay or go. Who would tell them? Blingy? Madame? Even Pasha? Not a chance.

22 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Mowbray/Waggott because they've already been told they are staying. 

Too much wishful thinking going on in this thread. 

Not guilty this end. I just don’t think those two would have a clue either way. Like the rest of us.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!

48 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Nixon saying he been told that Mowbray stays and that he is already lining up deals and in talks with players ffs 

So suddenly Nixon is the font of all knowledge? He was telling us a completely different story a very short time ago. 
He really has no idea.

• Like 5

Just now, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Not guilty this end. I just don’t think those two would have a clue either way. Like the rest of us.

Not saying you are, and I stopped short of calling out the ITK troll.

But, it's not inconceivable to conclude that Pasha has been made aware of the general unhappiness of the fans > Pasha has informed the owners > the owners report back Mowbray has their backing because they've fallen for his BS excuses > Waggott/Mowbray tell everyone and anyone who will listen that Mowbray is staying. In fact I'd say that is the most likely scenario of all. 

Sharpe has reported the above pretty much. Mowbray is also talking about next season and player contracts, new signings etc. There is absolutely nothing to suggest he won't start next season as Rovers manager. 

• Like 3