BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

5 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Even ignoring Venkys deep resources, he has spent £12m on two players and has not been forced to sell anyone he didn’t want to.

The pauper excuse is still on him.

Having Mowbray stay on to try to fix this mess is like asking an arsonist to put out his own fire with a bucket of petrol.

Why people say no other managers would want to come here is beyond me. Its the lottery-win-job of the EFL!

If you can get them onside it's one of the best jobs in the Championship. That's why even busted flushes hang on for dear life when they probably know the game is up and they could badly use a real break.

Having that Academy and what it turns out available to bolster his squad gives him another advantage over similar clubs. I just keep coming back to thinkg what would the likes of Neil have done with kind of backing Mowbray has had. He managed to beat us and finish above us anyway.

Edited by tomphil

12 hours ago, Theaxe15 said:

This thread has gone from Mowbray and co definitely going to him being in discussions with new signings. What a rollercoaster. What a depressing rollercoaster.

If Mowbray is in charge for next seasons opener, my interest is going wane significantly.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Absolutely. But as I’ve said before I’ll make sure I’m in Ewood to give him an earful for one match first!

That is exactly what I would suggest to everyone. Don't buy a season ticket, but get a match ticket for the first home game, and give Mowbray stick. Even stay on after the game and keep giving him stick during the warm down.

• Like 2

Reliable journalist delivers update on Tony Mowbray’s future at Blackburn Rovers amid key development | Football League World

Here's the link to the Nixon tweet story about Mowbray staying. 

Although I think it was Nixon who started the story a few weeks/months ago about Rovers going for a foreign coach?

I think what is fairly clearly is that nobody has a clue.

The only thing I know is that they can shove my ST application form up Mowbray's arse if he's staying as manager. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Boroblue said:

Past form however tells us no decision till summer meeting. If he is lining up players it’s off his own bat but that wouldn’t surprise me because he is arrogant enough to believe he’s on top of the situation.

Unfortunately I don't think there will be a summer meeting which could mean Mowbray remains in situ by default - totally understandable with the terrible situation in India at the moment. Some things are more important than a football manager's job.

Doesn't change my view on Venky's but I hope the situation over there improves quickly for everyone.

On 07/04/2021 at 19:07, Silas said:

😯😯

I'd strongly recommend Les pulls a sickie tomorrow. 

His ear's going to be red raw by end of the day. 😀

But on a serious note, would this all  not get fed back to the top? If the office staff ring about 100 a day for renewals and half of them all say how angry they are with TM and the state of the club, surely at some point they have to realise this is seriously damaging their customer base. 

That's how a normal business would operate.......... I think I see where I'm going wrong. 

Has Les’ findings been shredded yet?

24 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Reliable journalist delivers update on Tony Mowbray’s future at Blackburn Rovers amid key development | Football League World

Here's the link to the Nixon tweet story about Mowbray staying. 

Although I think it was Nixon who started the story a few weeks/months ago about Rovers going for a foreign coach?

I think what is fairly clearly is that nobody has a clue.

The only thing I know is that they can shove my ST application form up Mowbray's arse if he's staying as manager. 

You lost me at Reliable journalist. When, in Rovers terms, was Nixon last that? 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, rigger said:

That is exactly what I would suggest to everyone. Don't buy a season ticket, but get a match ticket for the first home game, and give Mowbray stick. Even stay on after the game and keep giving him stick during the warm down.

If we were to win that game though you'd be attacked by Mowbray's acolytes! 

3 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

No idea if he ever was. You'll have to ask the person who wrote the article. 

Im not sure he ever was reliable but he did have contacts and was occasionally right about the broad story outline even if the details were lacking. Very good at phrasing things so that he could wriggle out of things if what he predicted didn't materialise

• Like 1

Wouldn't it be great to have 25k on for the opening game next season, all giving Mowbray absolute doggers, then for 2k to show up for the next when he's still in situ. Now that's a protest!

As the Oxford game at the end of the L1 campaign showed, those fans are still lurking somewhere.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Alan McNally on Soccer Saturday saying Mowbray's job is far from save. 

Jeff Sterling on Soccer Saturday as just said that the Venkys came to a recent game. Any heard this?

Jeff's talking bollocks, he's on Sky it's all they do on there, the visual version of talksport.

Tony talks bollocks yet again, his investments are paying off.  If he is still here next season, we must get this guy a press officer who vets his responses before he talks to the press.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Well considering that McNally is at games and we arent I would suggest he know much more must of us do

I'm sure he hears specualtion, but that's all it is.  Unless he speaks to Venkys, he know no more than anyone else 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel