BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

1 hour ago, PeteJD13 said:

Having thought about it I’ve missed football massively, I live in Urmston now. So Mowbray staying won’t have an impact on me renewing, I’ve got two young kids if I stop going and don’t take them. Their loyalties will get hoovered up by one of the Manchester teams who have a presence in the local schools.  If Mowbrays there come august we will be there as well

So if Mowbray is still in charge you're going to start watching United or City? I want Mowbray out but that seems a little strange to me

Edited by Kie_BRFC

1 hour ago, PeteJD13 said:

Having thought about it I’ve missed football massively, I live in Urmston now. So Mowbray staying won’t have an impact on me renewing, I’ve got two young kids if I stop going and don’t take them. Their loyalties will get hoovered up by one of the Manchester teams who have a presence in the local schools.  If Mowbrays there come august we will be there as well

So if Mowbray is still in charge you're going to start watching United or City? I want Mowbray out but that seems a little strange to me

Edited just now by Kie_BRFC

i read that as he will still go to watch rovers

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, Kie_BRFC said:

No the reverse of that regardless of whose is charge I will still be watching rovers

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, yoda's brother said:

So did i

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

As bad as it’s been at times and as good as it was I couldn’t lower myself to buy a season ticket elsewhere. Loyalties are to BRFC!

I’ve just got my season ticket for my local Rugby League club. I don’t consider that a conflict of interest. It’s another code and they play most of the time in Summer.

9 hours ago, gumboots said:

Depends where the elsewhere is. I have a season ticket for Clitheroe. Non league, my local team and cheap as chips. If Rovers are playing id go there. If not I'd go to Clitheroe. I wouldn't go and buy a season ticket at another league club.

Put a board up advertising our mortgage brokerage at Clitheroe CC. That’s as close as I have got to supporting another sporting institution. I fully get what you do, but likewise could never go elsewhere watching a league team. 

On 23/04/2021 at 02:36, moops said:

I don't write here a lot but I am sick and tired of TM

I am not sure why we as fans have no say about this. With all the respect, this club is for the fans and our voice must be heard.
TM must be sacked and I am sure most of Rovers fans agree.

Is there something we can do to make our voice heard?  

We tried it before and everyone ended up hating us and it generated no end of sympathy for the dog turd that was Steve Kean.

• Like 2

On 23/04/2021 at 07:54, bazza said:

I have a horrible feeling that if Mowbray does leave his replacement will be Pulis. I would love for Ainsworth to be the man rather than Wilder whose heart is still with the Blades.

We are still owned by Vs. Not hopeful at all.

They took Coyle iver Warnock.  All you need to know really.  Many of us know if they get it right it will ne just pure luck.  Firmly believe they will cock it up again.

• Like 3

If we were being ambitious I'd have a word with Joao Sacramento. Just sacked as Mourinho's assistant at Spurs, has also assisted Galtier and Bielsa at Lille and Ranieri and Jardim at Monaco. Only 32 years old.

Depends on if he fancies being a manager himself yet but a club such as ours would be a good level to start at. That's the sort of appointment that would make people sit up and take notice and show some ambition for the future.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JHRover said:

If we were being ambitious I'd have a word with Joao Sacramento. Just sacked as Mourinho's assistant at Spurs, has also assisted Galtier and Bielsa at Lille and Ranieri and Jardim at Monaco. Only 32 years old.

Depends on if he fancies being a manager himself yet but a club such as ours would be a good level to start at. That's the sort of appointment that would make people sit up and take notice and show some ambition for the future.

The fella at Huddersfield was Biesla's assistant at Leeds.

You pour scorn on people suggesting names from the lower leagues but are all for a foreign guy who hasn't managed a team?

Also do you really think we have the competence in the background to support a manager with no experience of managing? Especially when we have a big summer rebuild and with our likely budget be looking for bargains from the lower leagues

• Like 3

1 minute ago, islander200 said:

The fella at Huddersfield was Biesla's assistant at Leeds.

You pour scorn on people suggesting names from the lower leagues but are all for a foreign guy who hasn't managed a team?

Also do you really think we have the competence in the background to support a manager with no experience of managing? Especially when we have a big summer rebuild and with our likely budget be looking for bargains from the lower leagues

I'm talking about Bielsa's assistant at Lille. Clearly rated highly by world class managers. The ambition would be to speak to him, see if he was interested, what his thoughts were and he might fancy it, assemble a structure around him.

But of course at Rovers it's think small/local so prioritise local lads who are used to working in the 3rd and 4th divisions willing to go with whatever we throw their way out of gratitude for the job.

Eddie Howe would be absolutely perfect for Rovers at this juncture. He likes the ball on the deck but moved around at a higher tempo. Pass and move rather than pass then pass back.  Likes young players and should have some decent connections.

Perfect foil for what Mowbray has put in place right now. Sadly even if they'd stump up the money he doesn't like it up north so never a goer.

Pullis and the like would certainly have the nous to have us punching higher. Just don't think this squad suits him at all.  Wilder might do something with it but he'd need windows and backing to add that strength and character we badly need.

As it is, Mowbrays squad, Mowbrays football and seemingly his job to walk or stay whenever he likes.

As you where, roll up for the tombola midtable roadshow. 

• Like 2

On 26/04/2021 at 10:58, yoda's brother said:

I have to ask but is your first name grogu?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, USABlue said:

He's just messing with us.

He's an adult child, always spat his dummy out whenever questioned. I believe he is on the wind up as he is the sort of person who would do that kind of immature thing. He should be reporting on caber tossing haha.

25 minutes ago, Ulrich said:

Nyambe speaks

I thought this interview was inspiring, so insightful and highlights points that I am sure none of us ever would.

Rothwell as a No. 10, well I never.

"If we want to get in the play-offs next season then these sort of runs are something we need to sort out,” he said.

Nyambe staying for another season? 

6 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

"If we want to get in the play-offs next season then these sort of runs are something we need to sort out,” he said.

Nyambe staying for another season? 

I wouldn't read anything into it. He's hardly likely to say "the club needs to sort out these bad runs but fuck if I care I'm off" is he?

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

He's one with a 1-year extension in his contract (I think) so he will be staying if the club trigger it. 

Unless they trigger it then immediately try to sell him for whatever they can get, which i think is probably the most likely outcome from this.

• Like 2