BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

1 hour ago, RoversClitheroe said:

"If we want to get in the play-offs next season then these sort of runs are something we need to sort out,” he said.

Nyambe staying for another season? 

I'd like him to stay, if we have an option I'd enforce it.

Not a fan of suggesting people just because they worked under a top manager.

Exhibit A - Brian Kidd

Exhibit B - Warren Joyce

And let's be honest, Mikel Arteta isn't exactly pulling up any trees.

A good coach/No.2 under a top manager doesn't necessarily translate into a good manger in the making. Very often, they need to be an entirely different type of person in what tends to be a good cop/bad cop role.

I'm not saying it doesn't ever work, there are plenty of examples where it does. I just think we need someone who has at least had some success as a manger somewhere rather than gambling on a novice in the hot seat. 

• Like 7

31 minutes ago, windymiller7 said:

Exhibit A - Brian Kidd

Exhibit B - Warren Joyce

A good coach/No.2 under a top manager doesn't necessarily translate into a good manger in the making. Very often, they need to be an entirely different type of person in what tends to be a good cop/bad cop role.

I'm not saying it doesn't ever work, there are plenty of examples where it does. I just think we need someone who has at least had some success as a manger somewhere rather than gambling on a novice in the hot seat. 

You beat me to it with Exhibit A there. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, windymiller7 said:

Exhibit A - Brian Kidd

Exhibit B - Warren Joyce

Not to mention the wally at Huddersfield who's team had 5 goals put past them by our shower.  He was Bielsa's assistant wasn't he?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, den9112 said:

Ryan Nayambe will be a Rovers player next season if he gets a pay rise simple as that..

If Mowbray is still in charge then for the sake of his own career he should be pushing to leave.Mowbray ludicrously leaves him out as often as injuries allow.Absolute joke how Mowbray treats him 

• Like 5

Interesting use of Ryan as a Club mouthpiece.

I wonder how the club get players to do this and read from prepared PR tripe.

It's all about 'Jam Tomorrow' when we haven't even got a loaf of bread never mind a Baker.

The Club must spend a fortune on this PR propaganda for the, fast reducing, masses.

All based on the 15 seconds attention span theory.

So Dozzelll is one these fabled job saving signings Mowbray has lined up ?

Sounds worth a punt but prepare to be underwhelmed when this fella gets hold of him.  Ten min cameos for the next 2 years whilst he learns how to play the Mowbray way.

• Like 4

There’s a lot of fighting talk and pushing out of the narrative that he’s speaking to and targeting players...he probably is. But the silence is DEAFENING from India. Zero being signed off...until that changes my money is 100% on a new broom for a new season! 

• Like 6

20 minutes ago, tomphil said:

So Dozzelll is one these fabled job saving signings Mowbray has lined up ?

Sounds worth a punt but prepare to be underwhelmed when this fella gets hold of him.  Ten min cameos for the next 2 years whilst he learns how to play the Mowbray way.

Do we need another midfielder ?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rigger said:

Do we need another midfielder ?

Do we ever sign what we need ?

This is just another 'look Madame i can turn him into something worth millions' type.

Meanwhile the top 6 moves even further out of view.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

Do we ever sign what we need ?

This is just another 'look Madame i can turn him into something worth millions' type.

Meanwhile the top 6 moves even further out of view.

Yup, young, English, has some youth caps. Brereton, Gallagher, Armstrong, Chapman.

I have no issue with the premise of buying young English players like this in the hope of turning them into saleable assets worth multi-millions. My problem is that we are relying on TM and his coaching team to develop these players. The only success he has had is with AA but that looks doomed to be another failure project as he is in his last year and there is a 30-40% sell-on fee (plus the COVID climate and clubs not willing to overspend).

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Yup, young, English, has some youth caps. Brereton, Gallagher, Armstrong, Chapman.

I have no issue with the premise of buying young English players like this in the hope of turning them into saleable assets worth multi-millions. My problem is that we are relying on TM and his coaching team to develop these players. The only success he has had is with AA but that looks doomed to be another failure project as he is in his last year and there is a 30-40% sell-on fee (plus the COVID climate and clubs not willing to overspend).

Yes as long as the contract makes sense there's no harm in these type of signings. Like you say though once this manager gets hold of them it's just another for the revolving team sheet.

I'd prefer to see a real plan of building a solid first 11 to get as high up as possible as priority. That isn't how we work though it's just chuck and chance and hope for the best.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Although Armstrong has obviously matured as a player there are still gaps in his ability. Taking on goalkeepers one to one for a start. I’m not impressed by the coaching at Rovers. Lots of players seem to reach a certain level and just stay there. Nyambe, Lenihan, Travis etc. They’re still making the same mistakes as they did as beginners.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paul Mani said:

There’s a lot of fighting talk and pushing out of the narrative that he’s speaking to and targeting players...he probably is. But the silence is DEAFENING from India. Zero being signed off...until that changes my money is 100% on a new broom for a new season! 

I think the pitch debacle speaks volumes and I don’t buy the line Waggott won’t sign it off. That’s the taps being turned off in India might also explain the lack of action on the contract front 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

When has the silence from India ever been anything but deafening? Hope you're right but it seems like a lot of wishful thinking based on nothing at all. 

• Like 4