BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

9 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

It will be depressing if Mowbray gets the green light to continue and a few of those start signing new deals 

If Johnson or Bennett get a new deal then I’m out.

I’m not watching them again next year. Not happening.

• Like 4

Well the Telegraph comments swing-ometer is right behind him again by the looks of it, dead rubbers to the rescue!

The narrative on there is now is just getting highly rated young loanees through the door in the first place is the win for Mowbray; ‘Social media likes from big 6 fans’ is another alternative league table we are winning, obviously.

The team actually doing worse despite the patronage of our benevolent neighbours is neither here nor there...

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 7

Brainwashed by these lot into thinking we can't even compete in the top 10. Can't go anywhere so the next best thing is to sit back and marvel at developing other big teams players for them instead.

I wonder how many of these dozy plonkers will be paying in person to do this ?

• Like 8

I see the lancs mob are back on mowbray's side again.  One poster said 'I can see what Mowbray is trying to do' regarding rovers future, other poster questions said poster's opinion.  Everyone jumps on the latters response.  Its nauseating 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

‘I don’t see myself bringing in the Under-23s because I know enough about them, I watch them train, I get match reports if I’m not there at games, I see all the clips, I know all about the young players,” he explained. ‘

More absolute claptrap. He knows (well I bloody well hope he does) that U23 football does not compare one iota to competitive Championship football. You can find out so much about a young player’s progress and mentality by putting them in.

Oh and I take it the bloody fool hasn’t realised he’s been doing the exact opposite of what he’s saying above on behalf of Liverpool, Man City and Everton all season?

if i was`nt so cynical id`e say he was sticking two fingers up at the fans by coming out with this garbage,it`s a surreptitious way of saying "**** you lot,im`e not getting sacked so i can make  completely stupid statements,the social media mob love me anyway,so it proves im`e doing a good job"

im`e convinced this is the way his mindset is at the moment,it will change next season though,when he gets abuse from the bb end and riverside,he`ll change into defensive mode and make out all the critics are uneducated about the game

• Like 2

Bowyer didn’t play the youngsters in dead rubbers either.

After a season of abject failure there is still a slim chance of finishing in the top half. Despite what he says about not looking at the table, he would surely us that, and covid, and injuries to “key” players as an excuse for not making the top 6.

(I’m not one of those people who thinks he is going anywhere in the Summer).

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Meesh said:

Forgetting Mowbray for a second, maybe the reason to try and finish the season as high as possible is to make it look better to potential signings.

Remembering Mowbray for a second, I could have sworn he said that he didn't care if we finished 9th or 17th, yet dead rubber league position appears to matter all of a sudden. Am I imagining that? Possibly. I thought I read it somewhere.

You did 

6 minutes ago, skous18 said:

Has anyone heard anything? Is he really staying.. cant bloody believe it

Yes, and he's using the oldest trick in the book at the moment by pretending to be cracking on with a plan and a budget.

Of course there isn't one but it shifts attention away when directing focus onto transfers and plants it into minds that he needs to be here to deliver the plan.