BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

One post where you say you wanted Mowbray sacked in summer 2020, just one and I'll donate the cash?

We need a better manager isn't even in the ball park.

Otherwise stop slagging off other posters for not calling for the managers head, whilst you sat on the fence with splinters in your arse.

Edited by Gav

Just now, Gav said:

One post where you say you wanted Mowbray sacked in summer 2020, just one and I'll donate the cash?

We need a better manager isn't even in the ball park.

Otherwise stop slagging off other posters for not calling for the managers head, whilst you sat on the fence with splinters in your arse.

£200.  Kerching. 👍

With all this who said what and when I picked a few random pages to read on this thread. Started on page 1 then jumped to the 70s 80s, then every 100 or so pages out of the 600+. It’s the same concerns, the same old problems. Any of the early 2019 pages could have been written yesterday. Now just without the tiny but spirited defence of Mowbray. The manager hasn’t learnt one god dam thing in all his time here. It’ll be the same 2022, 2023, 2024 as long as this chancer wants the job. 

In one of pages Mowbray was off to India and there was genuine hope it was the end. Alas it didn’t. Folk giving him to September, to Xmas, to the end of the season. There was talk in 2019 of pointless possession, strange substitutions, players out of position. In a way it’s galling some (albeit not on here’) still don’t see it.

One of the random pages I read in the October 2019 vintage was someone saying how cringeworthy it was having the thread titled Mowbray out (presumably after a couple of wins and clearly it was changed) so can I put a motion forward it’s changed back to its original more suitable title MOWBRAY OUT. 😄

Mediocrity breeds mediocrity. With TM in charge we will remain average. He’s played Sam Gallagher on the wing all season, not at one minute could he see it doesn’t work.

He’s an ex defender! Yet our defence has been awful since the minute he walked through the door. How long do we keep hold of someone who “stabilised” the club?

next season already has a meh feeling about it if changes aren’t made! 

7 minutes ago, martonrover said:

Tony Mowbray facing up to a huge Rovers rebuild this summer | Lancashire Telegraph

Quite clear that Sharpe believes Mowbray is staying.

A second season with no visits to Ewood Park for me.

Why would I pay good money to watch a team whose manager doesn't care where we finish in the table?

Wonder how a long a manager at one of Venky's broiler processing plants stating publicly  he does not care if they process 1 or 100,000 units per day would last? 

• Like 4

LT saying again Mowbray is staying. Do they know anything? I would hope not, but they must ,surely? 

This is sick. We as fans just want to enjoy our football. Mowbray has shown with everything set up for him he almost gets us relegated. Next season with a rebuild it'll be worse. Clowns of owners. 

It’s obvious that ‘normal’ owner/manager football relationships just don’t exist here.

Apart from the madness of The Season of Five Managers in 2012/13 and Senior briefly putting the cat amongst the pigeons and getting shut of Coyle, managers here are given a contract and are just expected to get on with it. Results, performances, improvement, accountability etc etc don’t seem to matter. Simply subjective gut feels like  ‘we trust him’, ‘he’s a good man’.

Football management in the Championship can’t work, and doesn’t work like like that anywhere else - teams can decline, players can stop listening, relegation and financial meltdown can become a real possibility. Ergo, everywhere else, throughout the 150 years of pro football, managers aren’t seen simply as a PAYE employee like the club shop supervisor, but a contractor that can be removed ASAP, as the whole club’s financial well-being hangs on the performance of the bloke in the dugout.

These owners are manna from heaven to any manager that ingratiates himself into their good graces, but they are not and will never be cut out to run a professional football club.

• Like 6

20 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

LT saying again Mowbray is staying. Do they know anything? I would hope not, but they must ,surely? 

This is sick. We as fans just want to enjoy our football. Mowbray has shown with everything set up for him he almost gets us relegated. Next season with a rebuild it'll be worse. Clowns of owners. 

That will please the arse-lickers who masquerade as LT journalists.

Looks like I'll be making my first bet for years next season.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Just as an aside I was having a look at the extended highlights this morning.

It took be back to my childhood school hols working on farms.

Mowbray looks like a cow chewing the cud, and with a bloody big nose.

They also have the same motivational skills 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Just as an aside I was having a look at the extended highlights this morning.

It took be back to my childhood school hols working on farms.

Mowbray looks like a cow chewing the cud, and with a bloody big nose.

Where do you get to watch the extended highlights?

1 minute ago, Stuart said:

If a manager at one of their chicken factories was delivering similar performance, making annual losses while wasting money whenever it was provided, would they be similarly protected and have such a safe job? I highly doubt it.

Strikes me Venkys aren’t interested and/or aren’t involved in the process - which is why previous “CEOs” have eventually pulled the trigger with a level of autonomy. Now Mowbray has an ally in that post we have complete and total inertia.

Our big hope was that Mowbray was the noble bloke he was made out to be and a man of his word.

This, from 18 months ago… (Proud, working-class Tony)

“I came here to Blackburn Rovers, because I love football, and this is a historic club and I won’t be a burden on the club.

“If it isn’t going well, I don’t need to get booed out, I’m a proud working-class man from the north-east and I’ve put a lot into the job.”

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/18057490.mowbray-can-feel-anxiety-disenchantment-rovers-fans/

And now… (Shameless, stubborn Tony)

“I don’t want to be a burden on the club, if I’m the problem then that's no problem, the owners have to tell me.

“Other than that, I love the game, I've been here before, I'll keep going.”

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/19118986.tony-mowbray-doesnt-want-a-burden-rovers/

Anyone at the LT going to call him out?

That’s what I find one of the most frustrating things about all this. At least if it was normal times we’d all be there and there would be zero doubt to Mowbray, Waggott, owners about our feelings about the manager. Nowhere to hide.

The LT is probably the only mechanism for fans to get their feelings across to the club. Rich Sharpe in theory is supposed to be some independent journalist and he has a Twitter feed of constant anger against Mowbray, however he just seems totally and utterly gutless to put any sort of hard questions to the manager. If anything he is now complicit in pushing for the manager to stay another year. 

I remain hopeful that Mowbray will do the decent thing and step away as I always assumed he would if there was some regression, but his utter spin and self-preservation act in the last 6-10 months have shown him to be bordering on Kean-like levels to keep his job.

If he is here next season the hope has to be that for the first few games of the season we get a good turn out to absolutely lay into the man. Absolutely don’t buy season tickets but get a good few for the first couple of home games and leave them in zero doubt about our thoughts on both Mowbray and Waggott

• Like 7

Sharp, Bayes & co have given Mowbray a free pass all season. 

They must know this ‘next season under Mowbray’ narrative is going to p*ss people off big time but they’re still more than happy to run with it, rather than ask the questions that matter.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 6

16 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Anyone at the LT going to call him out?

Now now. There's a 'massive summer' and a 'rebuild' needed at this football club. Exciting times for the local media as transfer gossip and rumours should fill weeks of headlines and articles.

It seems there is some sort of acceptance that Mowbray is or should be the man to lead this rebuild. It is nauseating. 

The question the Telegraph and others should be running with is 

"Why do we need such a rebuild?"

and 

"Why the hell do you Tony deserve the chance to lead it?"

It seems neither of those questions have or will be put to anyone in any position of authority at the club.

It seems the two wins over dire Derby and horrific Huddersfield at home have re-written the narrative and it is now full steam ahead, certainly in the public comments. 

Personally I don't think Mowbray's position has ever been in any doubt as they have exactly what they have always craved here. A stooge running the show however they want with little or no need for them to waste any of their time on it.

This is how Mowbray has been able to set the whole show up as he wants and how Waggott got the job, and how the training ground sham took off.

The only way this would even possibly change is if mystery man Pasha went back to them and put forward a strong business case to get rid - e.g. that Championship status was under immediate threat - and that won't have happened.

The question I, and many others, will be asking themselves is whether I can support, finance and invest in a club where there is no accountability for results, no pressure on the manager and no consequences to poor results. This means we are not a club that is trying to be the best it can be. A fundamental element of being a professional football club is not in place here. Does that deserve my support?

• Like 7

1 minute ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Even in the midst of the couple of wins, we've been beaten by Sheff Wed. and failed to beat Rotherham.

That should indicate the sort of level we'll be at were he to stay.

Yeah but Ben Brereton said we are on a good run and were looking to take that into next season.

I can only assume Mowbray has been telling the players that and he is happy with results.

Even more worrying is that some people seem to believe we are on a good run and that a corner has been turned.

• Like 1

Following on from my early post, Sharpe noted that ‘Lambert chose not to undertake a re-build’, whereas TM will.

Hang on, isn’t if normally the owners that decide who gets to re-build, who gets to throw contracts, agents fees and all the rest of it around?

• Like 4