BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

1 hour ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Genuinely don't think Mowbray gives a shit on image.

He's consistently changed his view or opinion to suit his need, and backtracked on comments, insulted Rovers copious amounts of times.

Belittled our Academy youngster copious amounts when he's 2.5 times older.

So yeah he'd do anything.

Exactly what he does, the comments are often bold and make sense pre season. Then when reality dawns he just ups his posts and moves them as if nothing else has been said. By seasons end he's contradicting himself on a weekly if not daily basis.

The majority have seen through this now just like the multitude of rotations and changes he often needlessly does. Chuck in the possession and stats obsession and it's fair to say he's been rumbled on every front now.  

That's why the show is over all we are in for is more repeats.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

F**k him. Blocking the LT would actually be good publicity for them. Someone is choosing the way they are presenting this situation 

Reading some of the post match comments in the LT after every game makes me wonder sometimes if there is someone at Ewood actually making some of the comments themselves. I mean you’d think that Mowbray was a heaven sent saviour with some people in the LT comments list. 
The LT on the other hand will not print any comment that is too derogatory towards Mowbray in their eyes it would appear. I sent in a comment asking them to grow some and call out Mowbray over the statements he has made regarding how he said he is an honourable man, he would not be a burden on the club, blah blah blah. Of course the LT didn’t print my comment. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Ianrally said:

Reading some of the post match comments in the LT after every game makes me wonder sometimes if there is someone at Ewood actually making some of the comments themselves. I mean you’d think that Mowbray was a heaven sent saviour with some people in the LT comments list. 
The LT on the other hand will not print any comment that is too derogatory towards Mowbray in their eyes it would appear. I sent in a comment asking them to grow some and call out Mowbray over the statements he has made regarding how he said he is an honourable man, he would not be a burden on the club, blah blah blah. Of course the LT didn’t print my comment. 

I'm almost sure Mowbray Rovers have a permanent team set up to do just that. That or the PR truth raiders do it. A third option and cheapest is a Pune writers sweatshop.

• Like 2

The only person saying he’s staying and rebuilding is the boro boy himself and past experiences tells us all that you can take what he says with a pinch of salt. If he was so in control why hasn’t he issued new contracts isn’t that a priority in a rebuild and why was Mowbrays brockhall initiative scuppered essential according to our leaders. Why has  according to people on here communication stopped with Pune.

All his recent ramblings seem more like a resume of his CV while here building things, developing players and his great connections with the premiere big boys. It’s more like he’s applying for jobs.

I may have a bad case of confirmation bias but I feel the above indicates he’s going. I don’t feel the top 6 finish was ever the plodders idea but was forced on him and he’s failed miserably and when he recognised this it’s been an endless stream of excuses it’s about performance not results etc.

It could be that our next manager wouldn’t take over at the rag end of a season with an unbalanced squad and closing in on relegation. I have no concrete evidence for this but equally there is none for him staying other than from Mowbray

l just hope that he goes.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

At least 300,000 so up to 600,000. Could be more. The point is the same. He ain't walking away from it, contrary to his comments about integrity and not over staying his welcome. 

I'm not sure of the reasons why Sharpe won't, but calling Mowbray out on obvious issues is hardly reason to cut off access. In fact it would come accross as sad and pathetic to do so. Does anyone actually buy that paper for soelely Rovers stuff though really? I mean, you would know more about the club reading what's posted here. There is some reason why Sharpe doesn't though 

Have you ask him or look at people comments on here why he wont

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Have you ask him or look at people comments on here why he wont

Have I asked Sharpe? No,I'm not on any social media anymore. 

I have read some specualtion here,yes. None of it really adds up to me. I don't see how the run of results, failure to achieve targets and the fact we need a massive rebuild in light of his repeated "journey" comments can just be ignored when Mowbray speaks to the LT. It's pathetic. You would see amateur managers put under more pressure from local rags,let alone one tasked with achieving results with a multi-million pound business. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 1

It boils down to two explanations, either Sharpe is a pussy or his editor is telling him to reign it back. My bet is 100% all in on the latter. It's an editorial decision to just be harness basically. 

The problem we have such little national or international traction, the pressure does fall on the LT. Probably shouldn't be expecting anything. Local papers are what they are. 

9 hours ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Rich Sharpe's job is on the line if Mowbray bans The LT. So yes this is probably why he doesn't directly question his integrity.

The Editor of the LT refused point blank, a fully paid up advert of the banner "www.protectjackwalkerslegacy.com" directing fans to Revidgeblues open letter to Steve Waggott.

So, go figure.....never in a month of Sundays is The Lancashire Telegraph ever going to ruffle any feathers regarding the current regime at Rovers. Don't waste your breath contemplating it.

I'd suggest that we all boycott the rag!

• Like 8

13 hours ago, gumboots said:

Haven't bought it or looked at it in years. 

I only read it online when it's not behind a pay wall. Refuse point blank to spend any money on it, no matter how little. Until they start questioning the manager instead of sucking up to him, that's how it will remain. I do however think Sharpes hands are tied and it's his bosses to blame. His job would probably be on the line if he went rogue. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Lucimo said:

I do however think Sharpes hands are tied and it's his bosses to blame. His job would probably be on the line if he went rogue. 

It all come down to professional integrity. 

If he is a journalist then he should chase the stories, or he might aswell work for womens weekly.

Not a journalist in my book

• Like 4

17 hours ago, darrenrover said:

The Editor of the LT refused point blank, a fully paid up advert of the banner "www.protectjackwalkerslegacy.com" directing fans to Revidgeblues open letter to Steve Waggott.

So, go figure.....never in a month of Sundays is The Lancashire Telegraph ever going to ruffle any feathers regarding the current regime at Rovers. Don't waste your breath contemplating it.

I'd suggest that we all boycott the rag!

Who is the editor though ?   Does he or anyone else for thet matter have any genuine affinity to Rovers or the town even ?

Or are they all just paid employees of a much larger corporation, just going through the motions ticking certain boxes, filling inches. In a get the job done with as little fuss as possible operation.

I don't know the Rovers Telegraph journo from Adam but if he does have to toe the line to get access then that is troubling.

He has a job and if keeping Mowbray sweet is the only thing stopping him from getting the boot he should start looking elsewhere. Continual puff pieces isn't journalism. 

I would also think if he did start asking the hard questions and did get a ban it would create more media scrutiny rather than less. Journalists stick up for each other. A ban would get others inquiring into why.

• Like 5

On 03/05/2021 at 15:03, Mattyblue said:

The LT doesn’t have a standalone editor (or a Blackburn newsroom or sub-editing team) anymore.

As well as the LT, the editor (Steve Thompson ) covers The Bolton News, The Oldham Times and The Bury Times.

The newsroom is in Bolton and if you wondered why there are so many glaring mistakes when it comes to locations, street names etc, that’s because the sub-editors are in South Wales.

A Blackburn and east Lancs operation, it ain’t.

That explains the grammatical errors that abound in the paper. Journalists, Editors, I think not. 

13 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Tuchel is so shit, whats this Champions League final stuff?

Where's the slow build over 4 years?

Useless.

To be fair, this results based lark will still see him sacked before performance based Tone.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, LDRover said:

To be fair, this results based lark will still see him sacked before performance based Tone.

bloody chelsea succeeding by passing it forwards,unethical imo,why are their strikers not out wide??,i noticed harry pickering is down at brockhall,catch him quickly and get him mowbrayed before  he gets adventurous and starts playing his natural game