BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

2 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

TBH I love it when its proved comprehensively that TM is a bellend

I'm struggling to prove TM is descended from a cocks knob, but there are strong indications he may have evolved from monkeys :

download.jpeg.cdaff74d8f52d412983dc77e5be68ae4.jpg.a13d784606186c095a9b78c8cc5d0f50.jpg

• Like 5

2 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Touchel breaking the rules and comfortably winning a game with just 32% possession.

A bloody travesty .... or so Mowbray thinks, imo.

TBH I love it when its proved comprehensively that TM is a bellend

What we would give if Rovers could play like that.

Organised, pace, power and terrific invention and skill.  Loved it - what football should be.

• Like 5

34 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Organised, pace, power and terrific invention and skill.  Loved it - what football should be.

Agreed. Was a pleasure to watch real defending too! 👏🏼

• Like 4

The recent videos of Pickering and Carter back at the training ground, getting to know some of the players/coaches is for me the biggest indicator yet, that Mowbray is going nowhere.

At least we can all temper our expectations this summer if that is going to be the case!

Also, giving those who wish to vote with their feet/wallet (re tickets, merchandise etc) all the ammunition they'll need.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ulrich said:

I'm struggling to prove TM is descended from a cocks knob, but there are strong indications he may have evolved from monkeys :

download.jpeg.cdaff74d8f52d412983dc77e5be68ae4.jpg.a13d784606186c095a9b78c8cc5d0f50.jpg

Maybe that’s why he’s hanging on. 

No wonder he works out the north east with there reputation for treatment of monkeys 🐒 🪢

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Maybe that’s why he’s hanging on. 

No wonder he works out the north east with there reputation for treatment of monkeys 🐒 🪢

I had heard men from the North East liked to spank their monkeys, guess its true lol.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mercer said:

Unfortunately you are comparing apples with pears. They have a world class Manager and top quality players. We have a journeyman Manager and bang average players. 😤😤😤

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Mercer said:

You miss the point.

Mowbray bangs on and on and on about possession - IMO, just trying to buy himself more time.

Last night, Real Madrid had close on 70% possession and got a hammering - a 5-0 scoreline would not have flattered Chelsea.  Real Madrid were a more expensive version of Rovers, disorganised, couldn't defend, slow, boring and tiresome possession getting them nowhere and little creativity.

Tuchel has been at Chelsea for about 20 games, not over 4 years!  Yet Chelsea are organised, have a plan and Tuchel gets the very best out of what he has got.

Compare to Mowbray - I think we are disorganised, have no plan, can't defend and lack pace, power and skill.

Good managers get results and quickly.  Impact of Ismael at Barnsley and Tuchel at Chelsea has been incredible.  None of this evolution, slow build cr@p that Mowbray bangs on about.  Sadly, I think Mowbray is one big dud. 

Sadly I think Mowbray is our big dud. 

• Like 2

Compare to Mowbray - I think we are disorganised, have no plan, can't defend and lack pace, power and skill.

we have 4/5 lads who have the speed of a greyhound but their speed is never used,we should be absolutely lethal at counter attacking,but as you quite rightly quote,there is no plan,in fact i don`t think much training goes on at all,we ar`nt fit enough,mentally or physically and judging by some performances this year,it appears we don`t even research the opposition,we`ve been out thought at least a dozen times this season

1 hour ago, dallydally said:

Unfortunately you are comparing apples with pears. They have a world class Manager and top quality players. We have a journeyman Manager and bang average players. 😤😤😤

I disagree with the last part, on the whole we very much have above average players and with the right manager could've actually done something this season. Now any quality in that squad appears to be about to evaporate, and the journeyman manager appears, for once, to be going nowhere.

• Like 7

Proof that the possession game only works well enough to count for anything when you have a team of proper quality players. That applies whatever level you are at and in the championship if you are good at it it'll deliver midtable, lower if you aren't.

Banged on about it half a dozen times before but for those who remember Gradis Crewe that's what we'll become. Forget Brentford these lot are nowhere capable of delivering even that.  

What they have in mind is a nice neat football side with enough about it to sit around tenth place. Whilst growing players to sell, blooding youth and running freebies and loans through the books. Very handy all that if you have close agent friends and all that's been missing so far is that one big sale to kick it all off.

That's probably down to the owners more than anything, still under the impression keeping it all together will yield top 6 under the Teeside babbler.  Meanwhile him and Waggo can't wait to get the ball rolling and show their plan is coming to fruition. Several thousand fans fall into line with this having been brainwashed into thinking that's all modern day BRFC with it's billionaire owners and potentil backing are capable of.

Not clued up enough to ask the question why clubs like Preston etc keep out performing us. Can't possibly be the management ?  Must be the owners !  Can't possibly be the owners they keep pouring money in !  Must be the fans, or lack of them ???

Once the owners fully buy into this ( signs they are ) then we are fooked. Always said we'd end up being the Rovers of the early/mid 80's again - without the promotion daliances.

Just an old boys club bobbling along on ave 8k gates. Only difference will be instead of being truly skint but not in debt we'll be pouring millions down the drain in backing every season. Yet debt will still be mounting.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

Banged on about it half a dozen times before but for those who remember Gradis Crewe that's what we'll become

Crewe used to churn out talent and sell them off the conveyor belt to top clubs. When was the last time Mowbray developed a player, let alone sold one to a top club?

All his eggs are in the Armstrong basket on that front.

1 hour ago, Stuart said:

Crewe used to churn out talent and sell them off the conveyor belt to top clubs. When was the last time Mowbray developed a player, let alone sold one to a top club?

All his eggs are in the Armstrong basket on that front.

It would have been in motion with Dack a year or so ago if all had gone to plan i reckon. Think this season was always going to be project Armstrong so it'll be interesting to see if any realistic bids actually come in.

If they do and he goes then just watch next season they'll be concentrating and setting up to get the best out of A N other.  Team and results are irrelevant he's already let that out the bag. He's lining his tag lines up for selling Arma, he goes for 10 million plus and his words ring true.

There you go iv'e worked on Armstrong for a season and raked back in the BB and Gallagher investment. Next season we'll work on Ben or Travis being the focal point of the team. Doesn't really matter where we finish in the eyes of the bean counters as long as it isn't in the bottom 3.

Pretty sure that's the type of plan, top 6 talk is just that in order to gather interest from fans and sponsors etc.

Best job in this league he has, no chance he's walking away unless he's pushed or hounded.

• Like 2

"I pigeon-hole Corry as a destructive, simplistic footballer rather than being creative.”

Doesn't sound like Tony to pigeon-hole a player (incorrectly.) 🤡

For what it's worth, my ITK down at Ewood gave an "Oh, absolutely, 100%!" repsonse to if he was under the impression DinoMowbs would be Rovers manager next season. 🤮

Officially DONE. 4,000 ST sales - if we're lucky.

8 hours ago, Angry_Pirate said:

"I pigeon-hole Corry as a destructive, simplistic footballer rather than being creative.”

Doesn't sound like Tony to pigeon-hole a player (incorrectly.) 🤡

For what it's worth, my ITK down at Ewood gave an "Oh, absolutely, 100%!" repsonse to if he was under the impression DinoMowbs would be Rovers manager next season. 🤮

Officially DONE. 4,000 ST sales - if we're lucky.

Why doesn't Mowbray just describe him as what he is ?

A tidy basic defensive mid rather than that claptrap.

Simplistic is a fair comment of Evans though i suppose, along with injury prone, piss taking country before club passenger.

Longest serving player leaving should be getting plaudits but i'm just glad the charade is over. He's been decent in patches for us but overall he should have been moved on 2 years ago.

This time next season i hope another charade is over as well !

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 3

24 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Why doesn't Mowbray just describe him as what he is ?

A tidy basic defensive mid rather than that claptrap.

Simplistic is a fair comment of Evans though i suppose, along with injury prone, piss taking country before club passenger.

Longest serving player leaving should be getting plaudits but i'm just glad the charade is over. He's been decent in patches for us but overall he should have been moved on 2 years ago.

This time next season i hope another charade is over as well !

Lots of passengers on Tony's bus.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, tomphil said:

It would have been in motion with Dack a year or so ago if all had gone to plan i reckon. Think this season was always going to be project Armstrong so it'll be interesting to see if any realistic bids actually come in.

If they do and he goes then just watch next season they'll be concentrating and setting up to get the best out of A N other.  Team and results are irrelevant he's already let that out the bag. He's lining his tag lines up for selling Arma, he goes for 10 million plus and his words ring true.

There you go iv'e worked on Armstrong for a season and raked back in the BB and Gallagher investment. Next season we'll work on Ben or Travis being the focal point of the team. Doesn't really matter where we finish in the eyes of the bean counters as long as it isn't in the bottom 3.

Pretty sure that's the type of plan, top 6 talk is just that in order to gather interest from fans and sponsors etc.

Best job in this league he has, no chance he's walking away unless he's pushed or hounded.

You’ve got a point but selling one player every three years, even for £15m, at the expense of the team and results is a recipe for disaster - and the returns just aren’t there.

The only thing that will help this club in the long term is promotion - or in the very long term administration, relegation and a restart (a la Bolton). We are currently stuck between both: Schrödinger’s club - neither promotion candidates or administration bound (yet).

Anything but promotion just keeps things ticking over long enough to keep those in their nominal positions in coin.

I fully agree with your comment. We would have a queue of managers applying for a role where they will get loads of time and autonomy, regardless of results.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, DeeCee said:

Lots of passengers on Tony's bus.

Does it have 'We need 100 million to finish above 10th' written on the side i wonder ?

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Proof - if any were needed - that he doesn’t speak directly to the owners anymore: https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/19284989.mowbray-says-summer-spending-must-carefully-calculated/

The parallels with Bowyer are incredible and it will end the same way. But how long is that piece of string?

They will not even give him a Zoom call!

He lays out the food chain though: Owners-Pasha-Maggot-Mowbray

I wonder when the 'often' phone calls of Mowbray to Pune stopped................LoL

He lies for a living.

He will though be carefully calculating the budget to ensure there is enough for another Downing year.

He is making me fucking ill.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 6

29 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

They will not even give him a Zoom call!

He lays out the food chain though: Owners-Pasha-Maggot-Mowbray

I wonder when the 'often' phone calls of Mowbray to Pune stopped................LoL

He lies for a living.

He will though be carefully calculating the budget to ensure there is enough for another Downing year.

He is making me fucking ill.

A real ‘honourable’ man wouldn’t stand for it. But he’ll be here to the end of his contract - at least - unless somebody somehow manages to get in the V’s ear.

• Like 1