BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

34 minutes ago, Cherry Blue said:

My patients is running out. We need a new management team in now and give them time to plan, bring this club together, get rid of the existing doubt in players that are staying, and give fans hope that we aren't going on another Mowbray journey.

I want Mowbray out this weekend.  

So do many of us but it ain't gonna happen - sorry

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oldjamfan1 said:

I will be very surprised if Mowbray is the manager when the new season begins. 

Under what notion would you be surprised? Ofc we all know he should be sacked, however every noise and interview coming out of the club points to him being here next season. Have you heard something ? Give me some hope please.  

47 minutes ago, skous18 said:

So what he says basically is that we are shit but we have one premier league quality player in our books, so as we have no ambitions, it would be a shame if he doesn’t test himself in the Premier League with some other team. In the meantime we obviously aint going up and we spent lots of money on two strikers who unfortunately  ended up being shit so hopefully once Arma goes we will be able to find someone who is better than them

a statement by a man so secure in his comfortable zone that he can say what he wants and does`nt have to worry about the consequence,he only way,as fans,we are  getting rid of the mogadon is to make next season very uncomfortable for him,home and away,the results will be ****,the performances listless and we`ll be bobbing around the bottom five till he`s gone,give him hell of the ears and make him aware the fans won`t take it any longer

• Like 3

Has he been sacked, stepped down, walked out, resigned yet ?

Has the root and branch started ?  

No, close this thread, stop with the Nicko style bet edging and prepare for a rough summer.  Groundhog season next season...or worse.

We've won 5-2 and i'm sick to the back teeth already before the summer has begun.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Tom said:

Actively trying to flog Armstrong now:

That’s out of my control. For Adam’s sake let’s hope the phone rings and someone offers us a ridiculous amount of money, we shake him by the hand and we say go and bang in loads of goals in the Premier League and we’ll use some of that money in the team and can find another striker who can bang loads of goals in.

It's the perfect scenario for him he'll take all the credit and flaunt it to the eyes of the owners.  He'll then make a thousand other excuses when there's barely a quid spare from it to re-invest.

Then he'll sign a dolloper from Boro on big wages.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, oldjamfan1 said:

I will be very surprised if Mowbray is the manager when the new season begins. 

What do you know that we and the rest of our local journalists don’t? Please share it pal and give us some hope! 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, TruRover said:

Under what notion would you be surprised? Ofc we all know he should be sacked, however every noise and interview coming out of the club points to him being here next season. Have you heard something ? Give me some hope please.  

Yes I have heard something but it relates to Waggott going. Putting two and two together if that info is correct then surely Mowbray is going as well.

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Yes I have heard something but it relates to Waggott going. Putting two and two together if that info is correct then surely Mowbray is going as well.

Of course he is going. Would a manager planning for next season bring on two midfielders with a combined age of 69 - both of who are leaving - in the last game? I think everything he has said and done the last few weeks has been about burnishing his legacy IMO.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

Of course he is going. Would a manager planning for next season bring on two midfielders with a combined age of 69 - both of who are leaving - in the last game? I think everything he has said and done the last few weeks has been about burnishing his legacy IMO.

Honestly I'm surprised he didn't roll out Bennett too.

Well wake up day one of close season and he’s still here. I can see this turning into a summer of hoping he’s going on a daily basis then disappointment. I do really hope they are all going. As a pessimist I just can’t see it.

I’ll stress I know nobody whatsoever at the club and anything I hear is 2nd or 3rd hand but 2 things. First, I know someone involved in one of these fan groups who has dealt with swag and he says Waggott seems increasingly disinterested and instead of dealing with groups individually just wants to lump everyone in together in one hit. Reading between the lines that could point to a man who knows he’s on his way out. A positive. Second, know someone who knows Greg coar who would be very surprised if there’s any change. Now would a marketing bloke really know the workings of the inner sanctum. I doubt it. (As a side note Greg coar-head of commercial and marketing what does that man do to justify a wage.)

Even if there is plans to dispose of them today, tomorrow, next week, etc,  the timing would still annoy me because they’ve allowed Mowbray to plod on for months in zombie mode whilst the new manager could have been evaluating his players in competitive games.

Then if they go will they be replaced with enough time for the new manager to sort the disjointed mess of a squad Mowbray leaves behind.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, cesus said:

I just hope Mowbray goes before Armstrong as I don't think I can handle him being "delighted for the lad joining a big club" when he ends up at somewhere like Norwich or West Brom.

Don't forget though the club exists purely to facilitate these dream realising moves for players. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Has he gone yet?

Every day he's here now is a day wasted. 

Don't ruin your summer by worrying about that old goat. Make the most of not having to read his arse covering waffle after every game. Enjoy not having to see the gurn. I'm positive the Indians aren't worrying about him, or Rovers in general, so forget about it for a few weeks and enjoy being able to go to the pub and hug your Granny.

2 hours ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

Don't forget though the club exists purely to facilitate these dream realising moves for players. 

That's how he and his buddies would like to run it, slap in the middle of the division. Rotating 50 players every 5 games.

They've all but totally brainwashed anyone who'll listen that's all we are capable of.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

Fully expecting them to be gone by next week.

Fully expecting you to reveal yourself finally after all these years as the love child of a certain A Nixon !!!!

Joke, by the way.  I seriously hope you are right Paul, i'd never doubt you again.

51 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Fully expecting you to reveal yourself finally after all these years as the love child of a certain A Nixon !!!!

Joke, by the way.  I seriously hope you are right Paul, i'd never doubt you again.

Haha - wash your mouth out! Nixon blocked me back in the day when I told him we were signing Rhodes and he knew nothing of it!!

Mate, anything can happen but they are all plugged into Venkys via Suhail and I’m pretty sure they won’t be here next week.

Edited by Paul Mani
  • Like 6

5 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

Fully expecting them to be gone by next week.

The week beginning 10th or 17th?

I am not being pedantic but Mondays are generally viewed as the beginning of a week and Rovers are also good at time and date resetting.

Just trying to manage my hopes and whatever the time frame I hope you are right.

1 minute ago, AllRoverAsia said:

The week beginning 10th or 17th?

I am not being pedantic but Mondays are generally viewed as the beginning of a week and Rovers are also good at time and date resetting.

Just trying to manage my hopes and whatever the time frame I hope you are right.

“Soon” 🤞🏽

• Like 1