BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

Tony Mowbray. Capable of choosing a team if the tombola stops working. Of choosing a working formation if he his daft experiments aren't paying off. Of signing decent players when he can be bothered. Of getting off his arse when he thinks his job may be in question. Of coming out of his coma during in an interview if someone says something he doesn't like.

So capable of pulling a rabbit out of a hat when he needs to, if it means saving his own skin, not the clubs benefit. It's all about Tony.

Tony Mowbray - Rovers laziest manager. Very self serving, reactive not proactive.

We're now in the position where we need the league to contain enough abysmal teams to survive relegation because we have a crackpot who sleepwalks through a league season.

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, J*B said:

I reckon we’ll start next season as we’ve finished this one management wise. 

Sad to say I completely agree. The structure at Rovers just doesn't lend itself to making such decisions as sacking Mowbray and his staff. Pasha just wants a quiet, easy life and doesn't seem to want to upset Waggott and Mowbray and I'd guess his lines of communication to India reflect that.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, J*B said:

I reckon we’ll start next season as we’ve finished this one management wise. 

I'm with @Paul Mani on this one.

I think the V's know they have to get the next set of managerial appointments right - quite possibly their last roll of the dice and hence the time being taken and what some folk might construe as an unnecessary delay or even evidence of maintaining the status quo.

I posted about a month ago, just days before Brockhall 'cessation' announcement, that I understood the whole thing had got bigger and more complicated.

If I'm correct, I think one hand might not be enough to count the departures from Ewood.

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, Mercer said:

I think the V's know they have to get the next set of managerial appointments right -

Do they Mercer, do they?

Theyve never give a shit before and right now that country is living Armageddon with this pandemic.  Mowbray and Waggot will sort it no problem. Blame it all on the pandemic I'm telling you.  I'd back myself to talk them into keep going.....

Edited by Sparks Rover
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Mercer said:

I'm with @Paul Mani on this one.

Me too.

If the original plan was for Mowbray to leave in an orderly and relatively dignified manner at the end of the season then hopefully it isn't necessarily an adverse sign that it hasn't happened already.

I don't know about any other departures but hopefully the obvious suspects will be following on behind in fairly short order.

It would be incredibly disheartening if there'd been any sort of change to the original plan, almost too much to cope with in fact.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Do they Mercer, do they?

Theyve never give a shit before and right now that country is living Armageddon with this pandemic.  Mowbray and Waggot will sort it no problem. Blame it all on the pandemic I'm telling you.  I'd back myself to talk them into keep going.....

They've seen almost £200million 'disappear' in some 10 years.

In decades of involvement in business / commerce, I have never seen folk sit back, do nothing and watch more money disappear down a plug hole.

A tipping point will come. 

I think this will be their last roll of the dice to try and retrieve the situation otherwise it might well be curtains for Rovers.  To try and retrieve the situation they now HAVE to be radical - shuffling the deck chairs will no longer suffice.

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Mercer said:

They've seen almost £200million 'disappear' in some 10 years.

In decades of involvement in business / commerce, I have never seen folk sit back, do nothing and watch more money disappear down a plug hole.

A tipping point will come. 

I think this will be their last roll of the dice to try and retrieve the situation otherwise it might well be curtains for Rovers.  To try and retrieve the situation they now HAVE to be radical - shuffling the deck chairs will no longer suffice.

I wish my friend.  We are well low down on their list of priorities in my opinion.  In fact, I think they've forgotten all about us or he would have been out 18 months ago.

• Like 1

He's going nowhere imo.I'd love to be wrong but as every day goes by i can see him less and less being potted by the chicken chumpsters.Get ready for a new 3 year deal being announced and this board going into meltdown.

Oh well as annoying as it is, I am resigned to Tony Mowbray being in situ next season. On the plus side if he stays at least I can hurl abuse at him as he clearly doesn't like criticism. And if that fails I will hurl eggs, at least then the yolks on him and a bit less on us.

I cannot believe he has not been sacked.

• Like 3

We have to learn to realize all managerial appointments and sackings are decided well away from Ewood.  Done by the owners and their advisors, affiliates of the old you know who crew these days by the sounds of it.

So nobody around Rovers knows anything other than speculation and hearsay. If it was ever going to happen it would be decided thousands of miles away then relayed here.  They'd probably hire in someone else to do the dirty work as they have in the past.

They take the hiring and firing decisions regardless of what anyone at the club might say. If a director wanted rid of a manager and they liked him the director would get the chop instead. Other side of the coin is even if a director said a manager should stay but they'd decided otherwise then he'd be gone, regardless.

Mowbray for some unfathomable reason has survived where Bowyer didn't. I expect the carrot of him and his pals promising big money for Armstrong is the key to that.  In GB's case i think others were handling all that and his word was weightless.

Just imagine if he rakes in 15 million this summer, cuts the wages budget further then gets a contract extension ?

Because it's very realistic and i'm sure it's what they are angling for. Then into next season and not winning for ten games at some point which is surely to happen again under him. They really wouldn't be able to afford to sack him then, so we have Kean mk2 scenario.

It really doesn't bare thinking about and the only sensible thing to do is do the deed now. Let someone else rebuild it lean and mean even if we have to just consolidate again for a season.

• Like 1