BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

18 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Because he's still here and wasn't sacked during the most abysmal run of any team in the football league 

Don't disagree that he should have gone then (or preferably over two years ago) but I am still very hopeful Paul Mani is correct on this as it ties in with something I heard.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Don't disagree that he should have gone then (or preferably over two years ago) but I am still very hopeful Paul Mani is correct on this as it ties in with something I heard.

Lets hope the rumours ring true, I cannot take another season of his "words", nor his constantly changing "reasons".  It would be nice just once to have a manager under Venkys who actually came across and appeared to know what he was doing football-wise. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

From a reliable source? 

I think it's very easy and logocial to say he's going, but it wouldn't surprise me if he doesn't 

I think regardless of what people have heard on the rumour mill if he’s still in charge this time next week it’s time to abandon all hope of him leaving.

If the club are smart they would simultaneously sack him and release season tickets details on the same day. Might get a spike in interest before the next underwhelming appointment. 

1 hour ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Sharpe has swallowed the Kool Aid:-

"Maybe, as Mowbray pointed out this week, this is just where Rovers are at this point in their history?"

Rovers say goodbye to a season that promised much but underdelivered | Lancashire Telegraph

What is he on.

This is where we are, there is no maybe about it.

No acknowledgement that he has run things to put us where we are.

BUT he works a long way from home...................

He needs help. I mean that.

It's one thing being owned by nutters but when the day to day stuff is in similar hands then we are well stuffed.

• Like 6

7 hours ago, WIR Second Coming said:

Who, exactly, do we owe '£200 million' to? If it is just the Rao family then no, we are not in peril - they are 😉

Yes, it’s like the old saying - “ You owe the bank £10,000, you have a problem. You owe the bank £10,000,000, the bank has a problem”.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, AllRoverAsia said:

What is he on.

This is where we are, there is no maybe about it.

No acknowledgement that he has run things to put us where we are.

BUT he works a long way from home...................

He needs help. I mean that.

It's one thing being owned by nutters but when the day to day stuff is in similar hands then we are well stuffed.

He lives a long way from his family?

7 hours ago, WIR Second Coming said:

Who, exactly, do we owe '£200 million' to? If it is just the Rao family then no, we are not in peril - they are 😉

We are in peril!!!

We have cost them close on £200million - not met anyone in any walk of life who is 'relaxed'/'happy' about losing money.

There will come a time when they say enough is enough - sadly, when that happens, it will be curtains for Rovers.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mercer said:

We are in peril!!!

We have cost them close on £200million - not met anyone in any walk of life who is 'relaxed'/'happy' about losing money.

There will come a time when they say enough is enough - sadly, when that happens, it will be curtains for Rovers.

Pull yourself together man

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Mercer said:

We are in peril!!!

I’m beginning to doubt there’ll ever come a time when you don’t confidently predict their imminent tipping point.

Personally, I haven’t met many Indian multi-billionaires so can’t say I know how they think.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Mercer said:

We are in peril!!!

Ah yes, that old chestnut. I can imagine the conversation around the chicken chokers' barbecue; Balaji "Ye know we still have that loss making branch in the UK"

Venkatash, "Oh shit, I'd been hoping I just dreamed that... so go on, when you say loss making, what are you really saying?".

Balaji, "£200 million at last count, and since taking it over, the only thing we've won is....erm, er...we got the Lancashire Telegraph award for Lemon Drizzle cake for the last 4 years, since we took on an ex resident of Brockhall from the old days as manager - he talks shite,  but his missus is a beast with a Kenwood".

Madame Desai, "Whhhaaaatttt? No fooking frruuitcake?" Balaji, "oh yes, ma'am, plenty of fruit cake, we've even got one in as chief executive."

Madame Desai, "Well, I guess I can live with that, since our beloved football child cannot be relegate from the bladdy Premiere League. How is Ronaldo doing there? Did you say £20 million a year? That cant be, I said we would lavish at least £5mill a year on them to keep them at the top of the tree." 

Balaji, "Pass the fruitcake, ma'am"

Edited by WIR Second Coming
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

I’m beginning to doubt there’ll ever come a time when you don’t confidently predict their imminent tipping point.

Personally, I haven’t met many Indian multi-billionaires so can’t say I know how they think.

Nationalities don't matter.

Money and philosophies are universal - and that is based upon personal experience!

3 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

From a reliable source? 

I think it's very easy and logocial to say he's going, but it wouldn't surprise me if he doesn't 

There’s been quite a few times this season people have come on here and said they’ve heard that he’s going, all been wrong so far. Will that trend change? I hope so but my gut tells me the clown will stay. 

Edited by Butty
  • Like 6

Just now, Butty said:

There’s been quite a few times this season people have come on here and said they’ve heard that he’s going, all been wrong so far.

If they say it often enough, they'll be right one day. 

I think Mowbray is quite secure in the knowledge he's going to be here next season.. and nothing he's said or done has suggested otherwise.

• Like 3

If Mowbray has a zoom meeting with India he will be reminding them that the 'journey' was reset to the beginning this season due to a really exciting change in style of play. He will need at least another 2 or 3 years to achieve the team's new identity - but don't worry the profit from Armstrong's sale will really help things along and Dack will be back before we know it. India will probably swallow it.

Only half joking!

9 hours ago, DeeCee said:

He lives a long way from his family?

It's in the most recent article and a frequent claim of his.

Apparently Yarm is a long way away from Blackburn.

IF 90 miles is so far then he could always move nearer to his home. His choice.

How TF did he survive living in Coventry.

It's in England FFS, I spent a working lifetime thousands of miles from home earning the corn so he has NO sympathy from me.

If it's so far he is then actually inflicting harm on to all his Boro signings? I think not.

Man's a compulsive BS merchant and liar and makes me puke.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Mercer said:

We are in peril!!!

It won't be curtains Merce.

It will be the start of a bright new future for Rovers with a reunited fanbase behind our great club.

A crystal clear mill pond in place of the swamp. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

It's in the most recent article and a frequent claim of his.

Apparently Yarm is a long way away from Blackburn.

IF 90 miles is so far then he could always move nearer to his home. His choice.

How TF did he survive living in Coventry.

It's in England FFS, I spent a working lifetime thousands of miles from home earning the corn so he has NO sympathy from me.

If it's so far he is then actually inflicting harm on to all his Boro signings? I think not.

Man's a compulsive BS merchant and liar and makes me puke.

What annoys me most about allowing Mowbray spinning his living away from home yarn is a bloke 10 miles down the M65 does exactly the same and shows no ill affect. I worked away from home for nearly 5 years, didn't like it so changed jobs. I'm more than happy to discuss with Tony about the benefits of moving jobs closer to home!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Crimpshrine said:

If Mowbray has a zoom meeting with India he will be reminding them that the 'journey' was reset to the beginning this season due to a really exciting change in style of play. He will need at least another 2 or 3 years to achieve the team's new identity - but don't worry the profit from Armstrong's sale will really help things along and Dack will be back before we know it. India will probably swallow it.

Only half joking!

Evans, Trybull and Holtby gone so that's the base of his possession game gone.

13 hours ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Sharpe has swallowed the Kool Aid:-

"Maybe, as Mowbray pointed out this week, this is just where Rovers are at this point in their history?"

Rovers say goodbye to a season that promised much but underdelivered | Lancashire Telegraph

Good grief, we are where we are at this point in our history because we've had a terrible manager who can't hack it in the Championship for the last three years!

The local media have become a major part of the problem. Mowbray could come out and say the earth was flat and instead of challenging it and saying it was rubbish that comment would probably get spun something like "The intuitive Rovers boss has taken a bold and alternative view on the shape of the world in order to try and get an edge on his rivals."

• Like 6

if you live in Blackburn and work in Manchester it can take 90 minutes+ to get there in rush hour or if you rely on public transport.

Mowbray is incredibly lucky having a job that pays very well, can car share with his cronies and he's his own boss.

The journey from Teesside to Brockhall is a nice ride and time it right it isnt a busy route or difficult.

Other than his beloved Middlesbrough no other Championship club is as convenient to reach from where he lives.

He's worked in Glasgow, Ipswich and the Midlands. A nightmare in comparison.

He just can't help himself with the family guy hard working line. He knows it touches home with the Desai clan. It really is that easy to keep your job.

• Like 3