BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

53 minutes ago, martonrover said:

I’ve been a regular since the early 80s, but I’m afraid I feel the same as @gumboots.

I’ve had enough.

Listen to my mind I will still buy a season ticket and if its Mowbray in charge he will soon find out that he's not wanted along with Waggott, one thing rovers fans can do when in the ground is make their opinion known loud and clear, much better than not in the ground,

Mowbray out

1 minute ago, EgyptianPete said:

Listen to my mind I will still buy a season ticket and if its Mowbray in charge he will soon find out that he's not wanted along with Waggott, one thing rovers fans can do when in the ground is make their opinion known loud and clear, much better than not in the ground,

Mowbray out

Each to their own. The reality in the ground will be large scale apathy and ambivalence, with small pockets of dissent, amongst the inevitably poor attendances.

One day I hope to return, but my connection with the club barely exists anymore as things stand.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, EgyptianPete said:

Mowbray out

But you don't have to buy a season ticket. You can go to games to give Mowbray pelters, by buying matchday tickets.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rigger said:

But you don't have to buy a season ticket. You can go to games to give Mowbray pelters, by buying matchday tickets.

Yes you can, but i got one for the season just gone so i expect a very very low price, as we were promised £10 for every match we did not attend. I hope you do go and give him pelters.

2 minutes ago, EgyptianPete said:

Yes you can, but i got one for the season just gone so i expect a very very low price, as we were promised £10 for every match we did not attend. I hope you do go and give him pelters.

Are you expecting Waggott to honour that offer?

I've learned the hard way not to trust him with my money.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11667/12302190/man-utd-vs-leicester-amad-diallo-and-shola-shoretire-set-to-feature

Integrity and playing full strength teams is for small clubs and losers. Enormous stakes here and Ole don't care 

Thats a unique situation though. Many people blamed Huddersfield for our relegation, so that cant then be followed by wanting us to throw in a scratch team for any games. I was always of the opinion that we went down because we deserved to.

1 hour ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

I don't understand the whole not buying a ticket if Mowbray starts the season as manager. Sorry. I understood the Venky boycott but if history tells us something it is that it does not matter what our game attendance is.

Managers come and go in this game and depriving yourself of watching Rovers because of one man is silly. Voice your opinion in the ground. Unlike Venkys he literally has to be there to hear it. 

Talk of comparing him to Kean and Coyle is just overexaggerated. He's a poor manager that is covering his failings with drivel in the media. What differs him from other managers out there? Nowt. Don't think he is some special case. 

The only victims of you not attended are Rovers and yourselves. Mowbray, Waggott and the rest don't care one iota. 

I do sort of agree with this, although I would stop short at saying that people are necessarily "depriving" themselves in that its not a massive miss, lets face it. But in regards especially to Venkys, they do not give a shit or a seconds thought to any of us. I've done marches, sit-ins, the 1875 protest etc, and they cleaely didnt care and arent affected. Crowds have gone down, they just dont care about us. Venkys are and always have been the problem which is why it sickens me that people actively defend them still.

I also agree that Mowbray isnt on par with Kean especially or even Coyle. He is a manager who has overall done a decent job but he needed sacking at least a year ago. He is also in as good a job as he will ever have again, naturally he wont just resign, I get the frustrations leading to analysis of every word he utters, its all self preservation though and I do genuinely think that beyond that nonsense, he does genuinely want to do his best and he does try his best, he does live away from his family and puts the hours in im sure. Just as certain players try their best and themselves arent good enough. I wouldnt leave if I was him. Again, it comes down to our bastard owners.

Dont get me wrong, he frustrates me as even a poor player does, well moreso as he has more impact, and the thought of an inevitable further year with him in charge saddens me. 

1 hour ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Talk of comparing him to Kean and Coyle is just overexaggerated. He's a poor manager that is covering his failings with drivel in the media.

He's way worse than Coyle for me.

Take away the superior financial backing he's had and there's naff all to choose between then in terms of ability and more crucially Coyle didn't attempt to flog off our infrastructure like Mowbray and his mates.

I'll give you Kean but in devil's advocate mode he had us 5th or 6th when he was sacked, something Mowbray could only dream of.

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, EgyptianPete said:

Good luck with that one

Just watched a documentary on Pablo escobar.  Mowbray reminds me so much of him. Untouchable. Flogging millions. Feeding bullshit to his army of admirers.  Living in a land of luxury while Normal people suffer.  Has no one to answer to. Let's hope he's caught on a rooftop with his pants down

Arguing who's been our worst manager of the last ten years just shows me how much absolute nonsense we have had to endure.

It doesn't matter who's been worse in my view, all of them have not been good enough for one reason or another. And if we get rid of Mowbray, we'll just get another bottom feeder installed.

• Like 9

6 minutes ago, Gav said:

Comparing Mowbray to Kean the **** is unbelievable to me, the only thing they both have in common is they're breathing. 

Kean destroyed this football club by lying his way to the top job, stabbing every fooker in the back to get there and was filling his pockets with all sorts of goodies along the way, wasn't his wife done for sneaking gold out of India too? 

He had that **** Agnew doing his dirty work, he was selling anyone that was worth a few quid and allegedly taking a cut, he waged a war against the fans, told untold lies and bullshit to media about us as a fan base..

The list goes on.

Mowbray may have outstayed his welcome, but Jesus Christ comparing him to that **** is an absolute disgrace, did you support the club back in 2011? 

I need a lie down....

I don't in some ways i feel TM is worse, the business with the training ground changed my opinion on the covtrio

Edited by PeteJD13
  • Like 4

54 minutes ago, Stonesrick said:

“Kenny Senior” - I rolled over one morning and who was next to me? - Bonny Langford 😂

She was a wonderful human, she'll need to learn the way we play though.

22 minutes ago, Gav said:

Comparing Mowbray to Kean the **** is unbelievable to me, the only thing they both have in common is they're breathing. 

Kean destroyed this football club by lying his way to the top job, stabbing every fooker in the back to get there and was filling his pockets with all sorts of goodies along the way, wasn't his wife done for sneaking gold out of India too? 

He had that **** Agnew doing his dirty work, he was selling anyone that was worth a few quid and allegedly taking a cut, he waged a war against the fans, told untold lies and bullshit to media about us as a fan base..

The list goes on.

Mowbray may have outstayed his welcome, but Jesus Christ comparing him to that **** is an absolute disgrace, did you support the club back in 2011? Do you remember what it was like?

I need a lie down....

Kean was a lapdog of those who appointed him. I doubt he had to lie about anything to them. They knew exactly what they were getting.

Mowbray was appointed through the dodgy 'agent' system favoured by Vs with the added plus of being into land sales.

Both are highly skilled liars and scum.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

I just think TM is at the edges of his abilities, and not in the same category as Kean or Coyle.  I don't live in the town so have no idea how he is seen by the ordinary fans.  I'm also not as close to others in terms of how the club is run, but I sometimes wonder if the Venkys cash is as much a hindrance as a help. 

I think it is, it's a double edged sword. Knackered without it but it's of no real use when it's being wasted on an old pals act.

I'm sure it said on that Sunderland documentary that part of their problem under that Yank was too much generosity and not enough attention.  They all knew cheques would get signed, so they all just kept their heads down and bobbled along drawing their wages whilst the club floundered but nobody upstairs did anything to alter it.

1 minute ago, DE. said:

For me the Brockhall scandal will forever taint TM's time here. I can't believe he knew nothing about it. Not after they tried to pull the same stunt at Coventry. For me that's worse than anything Coyle did, although Kean still retains the worst manager spot by some distance.

My thoughts too. Add in his comments being alarmingly Kean-esque and we have a much worse a manager than Coyle. In a perverse sort of way that is TMs biggest achievement to date here. 

2 hours ago, Wheelton Blue said:

Would you have been otherwise?

I dont think I'd have bought a season ticket but I'd probably be at some matches. I have been to some since I stopped being a ST holder. However, what is there in the current set up to entice me to get up and go to Ewood? The football I've watched has been dire. The manager doesnt appear to care. The is little to no atmosphere. The stands were relatively empty. I dont, as many of you do, meet friends, go to the pub or take family since my kids have grown up and moved away. All the social aspects of the match are absent so the football has to be worth watching. Theres no sense of anticipation or excitement if it isn't. 

My daughter still wants to go sometimes so we normally attend some games. But ST, no. It would take a lot to tempt me. Mowbray's sacking would mean I'd look at attending.

• Like 5

Just now, roverandout said:

Just watched a documentary on Pablo escobar.  Mowbray reminds me so much of him. Untouchable. Flogging millions. Feeding bullshit to his army of admirers.  Living in a land of luxury while Normal people suffer.  Has no one to answer to. Let's hope he's caught on a rooftop with his pants down

Tony Tescobar

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, gumboots said:

I dont think I'd have bought a season ticket but I'd probably be at some matches. I have been to some since I stopped being a ST holder. However, what is there in the current set up to entice me to get up and go to Ewood? The football I've watched has been dire. The manager doesnt appear to care. The is little to no atmosphere. The stands were relatively empty. I dont, as many of you do, meet friends, go to the pub or take family since my kids have grown up and moved away. All the social aspects of the match are absent so the football has to be worth watching. Theres no sense of anticipation or excitement if it isn't. 

My daughter still wants to go sometimes so we normally attend some games. But ST, no. It would take a lot to tempt me. Mowbray's sacking would mean I'd look at attending.

Fair play @gumboots

A CEO worth his salt would be doing all he could to tempt supporters such as yourself, even if the football wasn't up to scratch.

But alas...

Edited by Wheelton Blue
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, EgyptianPete said:

Ha Ha what was that bloke on phoenix nights called, the one that told porkies all the time.

Tony Senior was it? haha, I played swing ball with De Niro.

Kenny Senior, cracking character.

• Like 2