BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

• Backroom

Got a very Bowyer's-last-season feeling about it. There were rumours all that summer that he was leaving and communications between he and India had stopped. The Sun also printed a story in August that he'd been sacked, with that story having presumably leaked from Ewood. It took until October for the axe to actually fall. Would not surprise me in the slightest if history ends up repeating itself here. 

• Like 8

12 minutes ago, Parsonblue said:

I'm sorry Rev but I simply don't believe that the owners were not involved in the attempt to sell the training ground.  It couldn't be sold without their approval or knowledge.  It's fantasy to believe otherwise imo.

I would love to know how Waggott and Mowbray initially 'spun' the proposal to Venky's.  I understand Venky's kiboshed the whole thing in the end.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Boroblue said:

I have no inside knowledge but I believe that Oldham, Paul and Mercer are right and that the axe will fall. There are to many coincidences for something not happening. Brockhall and it’s abandonment, contracts not being renewed for Mowbray old boys, we all know he would have renewed them. India have stopped direct communication.

Add into this Phillpl ( I think) who said there were rumours in India of a sale. Strangely this was supported on another message board but from an internal source.Both confirmed IPL owners.

Maybe I just want it to be true but the only person talking like he’s in for the duration is Mowbray no one else.No confirmation from the heirarchy just silence. I still believe Mowbray is making a sales pitch both to our owners and any prospective future employers out there.

Wishful thinking I reckon. The "coincidences" are tentative at best, plus he is getting to renew contracts ,for example Johnson. Brokhall has nothing to do with anything, just that the public rejected it and there is no evidence India have changed communication at all. 

Rumours on message boards are all they are. We all know he should be gone, so it's easy to say he will be. However the fact he is still here now alone shows that this is not a normally run club. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Understand?

12 minutes ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

Don't fuel the fire, he's no more idea than anyone else. 

Funny isn't it how I posted a few weeks ago that the 'whole thing' had got bigger and more complicated only for Rovers to announce a couple of days later the Brockhall plan was off!

Anyhow I don't give a flying feck what you think.

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Funny isn't it how I posted a few weeks ago that the 'whole thing' had got bigger and more complicated only for Rovers to announce a couple of days later the Brockhall plan was off!

In what way did the whole thing get bigger? 

Is it to do with this potential sale, or do you reckon that's wide of the mark? 

Edited by RoversClitheroe
Grammar police Gumboots

52 minutes ago, Mercer said:

I would love to know how Waggott and Mowbray initially 'spun' the proposal to Venky's.  I understand Venky's kiboshed the whole thing in the end.

to be fair i was told the same, and that they had turned the taps off completely

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Mercer said:

How many things have you predicted that didn't happen? Even a broken clock is right twice a day 

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Funny amusing or funny peculiar? 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

How many things have you predicted that didn't happen? Even a broken clock is right twice a day 

And how many things have I flagged that did happen!

Two examples of 'bigger' things that readily come to mind that LT and Radio Lancs didn't have a sniff of:

• Posted on here that deal with Huddersfield done for Rhodes hours before any media knew (came from Huddersfield end)
  • Posted on here Venky's been approached to sell part of / interest in Rovers and then reported a couple of days later in LT that Battersby and co were behind Venky's approach

And there have been many others though perhaps not as 'big' as the above.

I don't need to justify myself to anyone and frankly I'm getting a bit p1ssed off with snide comments from likes of yourself.

What the feck have you ever brought to the table on this MB?

Simple answer is I'll stop posting and sharing stuff that comes my way.

• Like 8

17 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Two examples of 'bigger' things that readily come to mind that LT and Radio Lancs didn't have a sniff of:

• Posted on here that deal with Huddersfield done for Rhodes hours before any media knew (came from Huddersfield end)
  • Posted on here Venky's been approached to sell part of / interest in Rovers and then reported a couple of days later in LT that Battersby and co were behind Venky's approach

I don't need to justify myself to anyone and frankly I'm getting a bit p1ssed off with snide comments from likes of yourself.

Carry on, as you are fully entitled to do so and I sincerely, hope you are correct.

• Like 7

31 minutes ago, Mercer said:

ignore the cant wait for you to be wrong lot, people get told things in good faith that are accurate at the time doesn't stop people changing minds. What is frankly more boring are those that continue to snipe when people are good enough to share information. If you aren't happy here with that go to rovers talk or the rovers on FB

• Like 8

Keep on sharing, Mercer. We hear nothing but bullshit and propaganda from the likes of the LT, journalists on twitter and the facebook brigade. All who are way behind the curve.

Personally, I'm glad to hear of any potential news or developments at the club from posters on here. It brings a bit of hope. Yes, things don't always come off, but with these unpredictable owners things can change on a whim.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, RoversClitheroe said:

You don't enjoy rumours do you? 

I get sick of them when it's something this serious! 

Some saying them here will be on giving it the "I told you so" if/when he is sacked, but it seems to me that no one knows more than anyone else. Obviously and logically he should be gone. So it's not that difficult a prediction to make or rumour to start

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

A couple of vague things from a long time ago plus "not as big things". Cool. Conclusive evidence. You have predicted far ,far more that hasn't happened. Say what you want. It's a free country/message board. Not sure why you are getting so defensive anyway if you believe your source. Bit odd that. 

I didnt mean it in a snide way, apologies as it may have come accross like that. The fact you are on the edges of "I told you so" already about your info though, tells me a story. 

Anyway, I hope you're right 

• Like 2

Ya keep sharing ,but don't act like a child if some people question the validity of that. The manager doesn't realise he has been sacked ,so it's a bit odd.  Someone should really tell him he has already been sacked. Cos he definitely doesn't know. In fact he thinks the exact opposite.

Crazy club 

• Like 1