BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

4 hours ago, Blue blood said:

Factor in how he pulls the strings on everything, including his own boss. Bit odd if he then has no say in this after that kind of clout.  

Then there's the fact that even if it wasn't his plan he could have opposed it or the manner in which it was undertaken (i.e. sneaking it through.) 

Are you saying TM is H?

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Ya keep sharing ,but don't act like a child if some people question the validity of that. The manager doesn't realise he has been sacked ,so it's a bit odd.  Someone should really tell him he has already been sacked. Cos he definitely doesn't know. In fact he thinks the exact opposite.

Crazy club 

Thing is BDS with the club we are that is exactly the sort of thing that could happen. It wouldn't surprise me at all. 

Just now, Paul Mellelieu said:

Are you saying TM is H?

Lol.

Mind you: Falling upwards. Incompetence and in a position above his station. Surrounded by other crooks. Since the glove fits perhaps there are parallels. 

We could do with an AC 12 style purge on our club too. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

Thing is BDS with the club we are that is exactly the sort of thing that could happen. It wouldn't surprise me at all. 

No,me neither, but it's a mental state of affairs 

The way Mowbray is talking though. Is he that deluded? 

Surely if the ITKs here heard it, he has heard it? If it's as conclusive as they say. I'm not trying to be snide by saying that 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

9 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

No,me neither, but it's a mental state of affairs 

The way Mowbray is talking though. Is he that deluded? 

Surely if the ITKs here heard it, he has heard it? If it's as conclusive as they say. I'm not trying to be snide by saying that 

Mental is the word.

Thing is is it any more based out of reality than saying Rovers fans expect a rerun of 95 or saying Graham was the fulcrum of the team when he scarcely played last season or that we need to acclimatise to the championship. Many of his comments aren't based in reality. 

And that's assuming he hasn't got an agenda like trying to suggest he is the victim in this situation, giving the impression he was willing to continue even if mutually agreed they should to their own way. Gallant Tony willing to continue z owners trigger happy kind of vibe. I wouldn't put it past him. 

Then again who knows. The problem is we are using logic and there's very little of that at our club these days. Maybe one Rao wants him gone, another doesn't. Maybe the rumours are bull. Maybe they have lied to TM and told him he will continue. One thing for certain in all this, is Rovers are bat nuts and anything could be going on. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

Mental is the word.

Thing is is it any more based out of reality than saying Rovers fans expect a rerun of 95 or saying Graham was the fulcrum of the team when he scarcely played last season or that we need to acclimatise to the championship. Many of his comments aren't based in reality. 

And that's assuming he hasn't got an agenda like trying to suggest he is the victim in this situation, giving the impression he was willing to continue even if mutually agreed they should to their own way. Gallant Tony willing to continue z owners trigger happy kind of vibe. I wouldn't put it past him. 

Then again who knows. The problem is we are using logic and there's very little of that at our club these days. Maybe one Rao wants him gone, another doesn't. Maybe the rumours are bull. Maybe they have lied to TM and told him he will continue. One thing for certain in all this, is Rovers are bat nuts and anything could be going on. 

At this stage it's bad either way, they have dragged it out to the point where another manager hasn't had the end of the season to take a look, so a new appointment will already be playing catch up. Or they just aren't sacking him. 

Like it's hardly option C and they have the Barnsley manager lined up. We can dream though 

• Like 1

• Backroom
18 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

At this stage it's bad either way, they have dragged it out to the point where another manager hasn't had the end of the season to take a look, so a new appointment will already be playing catch up. Or they just aren't sacking him. 

Like it's hardly option C and they have the Barnsley manager lined up. We can dream though 

Well, it wouldn't be Venky's if the manager was removed at a suitable time. Even with Mowbray, Coyle was sacked towards the end of February when the transfer window was long closed and there were only a couple of months of the season left.

Edited by DE.
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, DE. said:

Well, it wouldn't be Venky's if the manager was removed at a suitable time. Even with Mowbray, Coyle was sacked towards the end of February when the transfer window was long closed and there were only a couple of months of the season left.

Indeed. At least they did sack him before the end of the season though. What position were we in then actually? 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

1 hour ago, Blue blood said:

Lol.

Mind you: Falling upwards. Incompetence and in a position above his station. Surrounded by other crooks. Since the glove fits perhaps there are parallels. 

We could do with an AC 12 style purge on our club too. 

We've had a couple of versions of Buccles here that's for sure.

Play dumb, shrug the shoulders, pass the responsibility and cock ups written off as just incompetence.

1 hour ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

Are you saying TM is H?

Having now finished a binge of all 6 Series of LoD I can confirm Mowbray is not H.

He is however definately a T, which has nothing to do with LoD.

An Ewood CHIS was the source, allegedly.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Absolutely after the six straight losses there was nothing to keep him on (although imo he should have gone way before then anyway.) Not sure what 1 win in 15 tells you that 1 win in 10 doesn't. 

If they decided he was to go can't see any reason whatsoever why they would keep him on, but then logic does t apply to this lot. It's definitely a missed opportunity if he is going - as you say the new manager could have assessed his squad. He might even have wanted to keep some of the out of contract player or bin those who have been offered contract renewals. It's a crazy way to do things. 

So even if they do get it right in sacking him, they have got it wrong in missing a golden opportunity to give the new man a huge advantage. 

• Like 2

I dont think that anyone wants people to stop posting genuine (which not all of it is, not specific to any poster but many who claim to be in the know wont be) information to be fair to @Bigdoggsteel but equally, if information is cryptic to the point of being useless or nowhere near the mark, then people cant be expected to not at all question that or even refrain from a bit of light ribbing, just as if information does come to fruition then those "ITK's" will be the first to point out their correct information. Its a dangerous game when posters are or want to be treated differently in case they spit their dummy out and stop posting. I think we all want to here genuine information however.

Its a rubbish situation though with Mowbray in charge. Glimmers of hope that he is about to go can either provide hope to some or wind up already frustrated others if it doesnt happen in equal measure.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Blue blood said:

Absolutely after the six straight losses there was nothing to keep him on (although imo he should have gone way before then anyway.) Not sure what 1 win in 15 tells you that 1 win in 10 doesn't. 

If they decided he was to go can't see any reason whatsoever why they would keep him on, but then logic does t apply to this lot. It's definitely a missed opportunity if he is going - as you say the new manager could have assessed his squad. He might even have wanted to keep some of the out of contract player or bin those who have been offered contract renewals. It's a crazy way to do things. 

So even if they do get it right in sacking him, they have got it wrong in missing a golden opportunity to give the new man a huge advantage. 

Agree mostly but I wouldn't want a new manager who would keep any of our out of contract players tbh

1 hour ago, DeeCee said:

Agree mostly but I wouldn't want a new manager who would keep any of our out of contract players tbh

It would certainly raise eyebrows from me too, but it's their decision to make. Besides Sam found a use for Andrews so most things are possible with a competent manager. All that said if it were me I wouldn't keep any bar Bennett for an energetic centre mid squad filler (and even then it's touch and go.) As it is the process of discovery for the new chap, if there is a new manager coming in, will head into next season. 

38 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

It would certainly raise eyebrows from me too, but it's their decision to make. Besides Sam found a use for Andrews so most things are possible with a competent manager. All that said if it were me I wouldn't keep any bar Bennett for an energetic centre mid squad filler (and even then it's touch and go.) As it is the process of discovery for the new chap, if there is a new manager coming in, will head into next season. 

Bennett? 

Reach for the stars.

11 hours ago, Parsonblue said:

I'm sorry Rev but I simply don't believe that the owners were not involved in the attempt to sell the training ground.  It couldn't be sold without their approval or knowledge.  It's fantasy to believe otherwise imo.

Why do you think it was shelved then? If it couldn't ultimately be sold without their say so, equally, there's no rational explanation other than that they stepped in to pull the plug on it. 

What they were told it would be like initially is anyone's guess. World Class new facility Cat 1 status retained etc etc.............

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DeeCee said:

Bennett? 

Reach for the stars.

Hardly ambitious I admit but personally I think he does a decent job in central midfield, lots of energy. Add in his versatility and I think he is worth keeping as a squad player. 

The fact we need to replace all of this season's outgoings - loans and end of contracts - plus get a bit more depth in defence and possibly an Armstrong replacement also factors into my thinking. That many players will be very hard to do, so its one less in an already busy summer. The Mulgrew debacle taught us that even a bad something is missed when not replaced at all. 

Given TM comments today in the LET on the new recruitment chief, and his part in the interview process. I think I’m finally ready to accept he’s staying,not just ticking over and leaving via mutual consent. I think potentially he was going and he’s blagged his way into staying 

• Like 1