BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

3 minutes ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

Most worrying of all, Kean got rid of himself...They didn't even sack that *****

Worst case scenario he gets sacked next season when the Vs realise we are going down. Obviously they'll appoint a miracle man and save the day as always (😂😂😂), but what Jan/Feb latest for TM. Huge window, rebuild and his record is 🐕💩, so without Dack or Armstrong he's screwed.

When I was talking to Stuart Caley (Head of Safety at Ewood) at last Saturday's 'protest' I got the distinct impression staff have been told to avoid any comment on what is happening behind the scenes at the Rovers. 'Tight Lipped' is how I'd describe it.. Now, read into that what you will, but clearly 'someone' is pulling the strings down at the club, and it doesn't appear to be anyone from India, in any meaningful operational sense.

I suspect that what other posters have suggested is likely the case - that Waggot and Mowbray have stitched up the situation at Blackburn Rovers such that there neither is nor can be any serious challenge to their control. What we would have to ask in that case would be, what precipitated their exit from Coventry (and previous clubs where they learned their trade and perfected the formula for blustering on without an apparent care whilst the walls come tumbling down). Unlock that, and maybe we have a means of effecting change..

Now we don't have to roll back literally to 1985, but the opening words of the ModFather in this mid 80s classic (here at LiveAid) are a good reminder of a mindset that it might be worth adopting...

• Like 9

4 hours ago, WIR Second Coming said:

When I was talking to Stuart Caley (Head of Safety at Ewood) at last Saturday's 'protest' I got the distinct impression staff have been told to avoid any comment on what is happening behind the scenes at the Rovers. 'Tight Lipped' is how I'd describe it.. Now, read into that what you will, but clearly 'someone' is pulling the strings down at the club, and it doesn't appear to be anyone from India, in any meaningful operational sense.

I suspect that what other posters have suggested is likely the case - that Waggot and Mowbray have stitched up the situation at Blackburn Rovers such that there neither is nor can be any serious challenge to their control. What we would have to ask in that case would be, what precipitated their exit from Coventry (and previous clubs where they learned their trade and perfected the formula for blustering on without an apparent care whilst the walls come tumbling down). Unlock that, and maybe we have a means of effecting change..

Now we don't have to roll back literally to 1985, but the opening words of the ModFather in this mid 80s classic (here at LiveAid) are a good reminder of a mindset that it might be worth adopting...

The unlocking will be appalling  season ticket sales, and flak Mowbray will kop in Ewood next season. They’ll be pinning hopes on him getting lucky with the summer rebuild 

Edited by PeteJD13
  • Like 1

I suspect Suhail's involvement in the removal of Gary Bowyer (unnecessary), appointment of Paul Lambert (expensive and aggravating) and appointment of Owen Coyle (disaster) will all count against him and mean he is quite happy bobbling along with good old Tony than rocking the boat and risking more of the above.

After all, for where we are now we might as well have stuck with Bowyer. He was quite willing and able to plod along developing players and working to a shoestring budget. Mowbray's delivering worse results and positions whilst spending more money. What was the point in the last 5-6 years? Might as well have carried on as we were and allowed Bowyer to rebuild post-embargo. Would have saved the expense of firing him and his staff, costs of appointing Lambert, Irvine, Kelly and of firing Coyle, Stewart and co. and the costs of League One.

• Like 8

If a guy who's suppose to have a bit of clout and is the direct line to the owners constantly hides in the shadows it's for good reason.

Another who doesn't want to be held accountable for anything.  We have a manager who sidesteps everything, a CEO who is almost invisible. Owners who we don't even know if they are all actually still breathing it's been that long since anything was heard from the horses mouth.

The food chain at Ewood provides great shields to all in passing the blame. Yet quite possibly one of the main reasons for this is often here in Blackburn.

Old school journalism would have dug him out years ago, a genuine board of directors would've held him to account as well.

It's time he stepped forwards and showed a pair.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 4

I wasn't sure whether to put this in the Premier League thread or here, however I thought it was probably more applicable here.

Just read Tuchel's comments from last night - oh to have a manager with an attitude like this who takes responsibility for his actions and vows to learn from them. Right down to how his mindset could've affected the players:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11668/12304758/thomas-tuchel-takes-blame-for-chelsea-defeat-by-arsenal-after-making-seven-changes-ahead-of-fa-cup-final

• Like 1

Get those excuses in early. Anyone left in any denial that he is staying? 

And Mowbray said: “I hope the supporters understand where the football club is in the history of the football club at this moment.

“It isn’t Blackburn Rovers of 1995 competing and fighting at the top of the Premier League.

“While the money has ran away in the Premier League, it’s created a divide to the teams that haven’t been enjoying the Premier League and it becomes more difficult to get out of this division and all we’re trying to do is compete.

“For a lot of this season we did compete. Everyone will have their own reasons of why we fell away.

“In February we lost nearly all of our games after three wins and a draw in January and moving forward all I ask of the team is they compete and give their very best.

2 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

And Mowbray said: “I hope the supporters understand where the football club is in the history of the football club at this moment.

“It isn’t Blackburn Rovers of 1995 competing and fighting at the top of the Premier League.

“While the money has ran away in the Premier League, it’s created a divide to the teams that haven’t been enjoying the Premier League and it becomes more difficult to get out of this division and all we’re trying to do is compete.

“For a lot of this season we did compete. Everyone will have their own reasons of why we fell away.

“In February we lost nearly all of our games after three wins and a draw in January and moving forward all I ask of the team is they compete and give their very best.

no i think if he was going he was going this week thats not happening

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Most people's idea of why we fell away begins and ends with Mowbray.

• Like 8

22 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Typical Mowbray style downgrading propaganda.

We were competing and fighting in the Premier League up to the day Venkys arrived.

Indeed we had gone through a relegation from and a promotion back to the PL since the date of 1995 that Mowbray refers to which he uses for some reason, IMO, to debase what Jack Walker achieved.

He really is a ground crawler.

I am quite frankly shocked on how polite I've been!

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 7