BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Get those excuses in early. Anyone left in any denial that he is staying? 

And Mowbray said: “I hope the supporters understand where the football club is in the history of the football club at this moment.

“It isn’t Blackburn Rovers of 1995 competing and fighting at the top of the Premier League.

“While the money has ran away in the Premier League, it’s created a divide to the teams that haven’t been enjoying the Premier League and it becomes more difficult to get out of this division and all we’re trying to do is compete.

“For a lot of this season we did compete. Everyone will have their own reasons of why we fell away.

“In February we lost nearly all of our games after three wins and a draw in January and moving forward all I ask of the team is they compete and give their very best.

Mowbray , wants to look in his history books , it isnt anything like the Blackburn Rovers that was formed in 1875 to Novenber 2010 ..

This is the Venky Blackburn Rovers !!!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, oldjamfan1 said:

I'll give you a clue, it begins with the letter V

Still doesn't make sense. If someone "ITK" is saying stuff is happening behind the scenes , I mean , even in venkys land it's very clear cut what needs to happen. I don't get why he would be going about his business as it, Mowbray I mean. 

Not digging at you,but in general I think any rational person would assume he is going ,or should be gone, so it's an easy and logical to say. However it's doesn't seem to be how things are playing out in reality. 

I still wouldn't be surprised if he was sacked though, obviously. 

29 minutes ago, JHRover said:

"Moving forward all I ask is they compete and give their very best"

Wow. Exciting. Roll up roll up get your season tickets with a price rise for the next stage of Mowbray's reverse journey.

Seems he's been burned by the bravado of aiming for the play-offs now he's realised that it isn't ever going to happen under him and people will hold that expectation against him. So instead lets just do away with any position, achievement, points tally and simply measure performance on the team 'competing' and 'giving their very best'. Of course these two elements cannot be measured nor judged and therefore can't be used to determine Mowbray's performance in future.

Crafty old fool but most of us can see right through it.

So from now on as long as we put 11 players out that try their best and we don't get hammered every week we're doing fine.

It isn't fine and this is elite professional sport not the Dog and Duck league. This isn't amateur football or someone taking their teenage son out for a game. It's a multimillion pound operation, haemorrhaging cash with millionaires paid huge money. So no, working hard, trying their best and competing are not things Mowbray gets credit for. They are the bare minumum requirements of any professional sports club.

I'm so sick of this now.

Good post and especially this point. Imagine a manager getting away with such downgrading. 

Again,if he was going, he wouldn't be saying that. He would still be giving it a big one. 

4 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

I think that article in the LT about “fighting for the cause” looks more like a rallying call of a man under pressure!

No, I think it looks like a guy who is not setting any expectations next season. 

I bet he would take 15th right now if offered it. Tells you everything you need to know. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

I think that article in the LT about “fighting for the cause” looks more like a rallying call of a man under pressure!

Would like to believe that. To me it reads like a man very comfortable in the knowledge that he's lowered the expectations of the owners massively. 

I think he probably believes in his deluded/senile old brain that the majority of the supporters back this attitude too. Oh how he'll find out how wrong he is when we inevitably go 1 down to a newly promoted/bang average team in the first game back at Ewood.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Theaxe15 said:

Would like to believe that. To me it reads like a man very comfortable in the knowledge that he's lowered the expectations of the owners massively. 

I think he probably believes in his deluded/senile old brain that the majority of the supporters back this attitude too. Oh how he'll find out how wrong he is when we inevitably go 1 down to a newly promoted/bang average team in the first game back at Ewood.

I'm the same age as TM, so I'm wondering about accusations of senility.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paul Mani said:

God knows what they’ll do or when they’ll do it...

They've already done it, it's called 'nothing' it's what they are especially good at. 

Apart from signing cheques for losers to waste of course.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

"Moving forward all I ask is they compete and give their very best"

Wow. Exciting. Roll up roll up get your season tickets with a price rise for the next stage of Mowbray's reverse journey.

Seems he's been burned by the bravado of aiming for the play-offs now he's realised that it isn't ever going to happen under him and people will hold that expectation against him. So instead lets just do away with any position, achievement, points tally and simply measure performance on the team 'competing' and 'giving their very best'. Of course these two elements cannot be measured nor judged and therefore can't be used to determine Mowbray's performance in future.

Crafty old fool but most of us can see right through it.

So from now on as long as we put 11 players out that try their best and we don't get hammered every week we're doing fine.

It isn't fine and this is elite professional sport not the Dog and Duck league. This isn't amateur football or someone taking their teenage son out for a game. It's a multimillion pound operation, haemorrhaging cash with millionaires paid huge money. So no, working hard, trying their best and competing are not things Mowbray gets credit for. They are the bare minumum requirements of any professional sports club.

I'm so sick of this now.

Such integrity.

And so lucky to have owners who buy into his ‘vision’.

• Like 1

This guy is just as sly as anything that's gone before him he just has a more humble frontage.

The club these days is all about him, Movenk Rovers FC.

I wish the ground would just swallow the tosser up.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

And Mowbray said: “I hope the supporters understand where the football club is in the history of the football club at this moment.

“It isn’t Blackburn Rovers of 1995 competing and fighting at the top of the Premier League.

“While the money has ran away in the Premier League, it’s created a divide to the teams that haven’t been enjoying the Premier League and it becomes more difficult to get out of this division and all we’re trying to do is compete.

“For a lot of this season we did compete. Everyone will have their own reasons of why we fell away.

“In February we lost nearly all of our games after three wins and a draw in January and moving forward all I ask of the team is they compete and give their very best.

Mowbray in dumbing down Rovers shocker, again.

Just being here to "compete" makes it sound like we've just been promoted after 30 years in league one.

A born loser. Just accept where you are instead of proactively making plans/moves to constantly improve us.

Mowbray and Venkys go hand in hand, zero ambition between the lot of them.

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, PeteJD13 said:

i wonder if this a new piece and quotes from Mowbray, he said very similar a few weeks ago and i wonder if its a propaganda effort from Sharpe and LET

if its a propaganda effort from Sharpe and LET...under instruction from the Coventrio.

We are in for months of similar.

BUt in all of this smelly stuff one thing is a constant and they linger in Pune.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

if its a propaganda effort from Sharpe and LET...under instruction from the Coventrio.

We are in for months of similar.

BUt in all of this smelly stuff one thing is a constant and they linger in Pune.

Is it not spelt Poone?

Mowbray is right this isn’t 1995 and we aren’t fighting at the top of the premier league, the championship may be getting harder to get out of, but is being made a hell of a lot harder by a manager who still doesn’t know his best team, how many years have you been here Tony?.

• Like 1

I don't really swear but TM can fuck right off after those comments. 

So many posts on here already highlighting how appalling these comments are. 

Reminding us it's not 1995 - y'know I've not held that against Souness or Hughes and all have given me some of my best times as a Rover. And when I've been pissed at managers from Hartford to Ince - the standard was never 1995. 

To remind us of this is insulting and a deliberate attempt to discredit any dissatisfaction. Doesn't wash though Tony. You aren't just confirming you are a a crap manager you are a crap human being. 

As for the aim is to compete nonsense I've got a number of issues with this. It's a vague unaccountable standard that ensures you cannot be pulled up for your inevitable failure. More to the point given your previous comments you think competing is losing 1-0. Well, no shades of 95 but even under the circus of Venkys that is an unacceptable, unprofessional and incompetently low bar. 

So just fuck off Mowbray and take your conmen with you. Not been this angry since Kean. Congratulations for getting me there. 

• Like 8

BUT ... this is what he said ''I hope the supporters understand where the football club is in the history of the football club at this moment. It isn’t Blackburn Rovers of 1995 competing and fighting at the top of the Premier League.''

So he's calling us thick or living in the past or both.

Not good whichever way it's cut from a manager to the fans.

We all know it isn't 1995.

And this comes from a dickhead who claimed not to know who our local rivals were.

I now officially dislike the twat more than Kean.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

BUT ... this is what he said ''I hope the supporters understand where the football club is in the history of the football club at this moment. It isn’t Blackburn Rovers of 1995 competing and fighting at the top of the Premier League.''

So he's calling us thick or living in the past or both.

Not good whichever way it's cut from a manager to the fans.

We all know it isn't 1995.

And this comes from a dickhead who claimed not to know who our local rivals were.

I now officially dislike the twat more than Kean.

Having bought into his integrity and honest football bloke in the beginning it is actually frightening to realize what an absolute twohat the guy is...

Makes me re-evaluate all my assessments of business associates 🙈

• Like 3

He's a clever snake I will give him that. Linking criticism to  expectations of winning the premiership (even though that has never been the case for any manager) means that all criticism will be regarded as unreasonable and unrealistic expectations of fans. Cunning and immoral. If he showed half as much nous outwitting the opponent as he does trying to save his skin, we'd do a lot better though. 

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Yes, Tony. But why are you so shit? 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

What! Does this mean the owners have given up on qualifying for the champions league now????

I thought the past ten years were just a temporary set back and once TM had got us promoted we were going to be back on track for the champions league in a few seasons. Has nobody told Tony the Venky’s plan? Has he not been paying attention? We’re their baby! Come on Tony you’re not saying your employers have been talking shite are you?