BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

19 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Lewis Holtby hints at new Rovers direction after departure | Lancashire Telegraph

The summer re-set is gathering pace. 

It's a brand new team, young and hungry, for a brand new season. 2021/22 will be different. 

The new direction will be going South - rapidly. League One here we come

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Lewis Holtby hints at new Rovers direction after departure | Lancashire Telegraph

It's a brand new team, young and hungry, for a brand new season. 2021/22 will be different. 

It's called doing it cheaper, but to be fair I don't think we were getting great value from him and a few of the others who were released. In theory with the right manager and the young players we have , we could do alright , especially if there was clever investment. 

1 hour ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Laying the groundwork for a summer of signing freebies and loans to "suppliment" the young squad we have.

Then of course a season of failure lies ahead with the mantra being they are a young team, learning the game, getting to grips with the rigours of the championship.

Back on with another journey.

• Like 1

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

It's called doing it cheaper, but to be fair I don't think we were getting great value from him and a few of the others who were released. In theory with the right manager and the young players we have , we could do alright , especially if there was clever investment. 

There's a re-brand every summer. This is just the latest one.

If it's cheaper - brucie bonus for Tony. 

• Like 1

Just now, davulsukur said:

Laying the groundwork for a summer of signing freebies and loans to "suppliment" the young squad we have.

Then of course a season of failure lies ahead with the mantra being they are a young team, learning the game, getting to grips with the rigours of the championship.

Exactly . Re-brand 2021. 

7 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

There's a re-brand every summer. This is just the latest one.

If it's cheaper - brucie bonus for Tony. 

Yep, more excuses then. I wouldn't be surprised if he turned a bigger budget down. Literally lowering expectations to his level 

• Like 3

On 13/05/2021 at 22:33, RoverInverness said:

What! Does this mean the owners have given up on qualifying for the champions league now????

I thought the past ten years were just a temporary set back and once TM had got us promoted we were going to be back on track for the champions league in a few seasons. Has nobody told Tony the Venky’s plan? Has he not been paying attention? We’re their baby! Come on Tony you’re not saying your employers have been talking shite are you?

He forgot to add, that it is the fans fault after all is said and done, as they hounded Myles out and made his Dad cry. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, tomphil said:

He took to pissing in fans pockets and telling them it's raining 18 months ago.

Unless the summer is unexpectedly kind we are going down next season unless there are 3 worse teams. He managed to win about 3 out of 20 or something second half of this season with the strongest squad hes had.

Weaken it and well what can we really expect, alarm bells should be ringing loud and clear in VH group HQ.  Having seen it with Kean then Coyle are they really still that stupid and ignorant to think history doesn't repeat itself as many times as you let it.

They are just being badly advised and I am sure they will soon realise their mistakes. 

• Like 1

Off on a bit of a random sidenote here... I know nothing about the lad who reports for Lancs Live - Jaquob Crooke - but have found his views and succinct reports enjoyable to read. 

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/football-news/blackburn-rovers-season-review-campaign-20568207

He seems to have an exceptionally accurate handle on the whole situation.  Written with a bit of flair as well.  Streets ahead of anything that appears in the LT these days. 

It'd be a surprise if TM left now. Didn't go during our death spiral of one win in 15 (and that's ignoring the previous spirals) which seemed to say it all. Some pinned their hopes on the end of the season. It's been a week since our final game and he's still here, dumbing down expectations and planning for the next season. Whose job is it to sack him? Waggot.

By the time the new season starts it'll be back to the "Give him a chance, get behind the lads" at the games, so even the stick some think he'll get will have died down by the start of the season. At best, it'll be fans arguing amongst themselves in the Blackburn End. We've been here before.

If we ever get rid of Mowbray, we'll be in the relegation zone by then. Exactly where he joined us...five years on the TM roundabout. Still, he'll have been well remunerated so, it'll have been a profitable half decade for him. He'll leave happy, telling himself he did a good job.  

Wonder if anyone in Pune even knows where we finished this season?

Edited by TheRoversReturn

16 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Off on a bit of a random sidenote here... I know nothing about the lad who reports for Lancs Live - Jaquob Crooke - but have found his views and succinct reports enjoyable to read. 

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/football-news/blackburn-rovers-season-review-campaign-20568207

He seems to have an exceptionally accurate handle on the whole situation.  Written with a bit of flair as well.  Streets ahead of anything that appears in the LT these days. 

Not sure if I’d call it succinct - how far did you scroll down? It’s Lancs Live - pretty sure it’s the online version of the Citizen (I.e. more adverts than actual news).

He seems to be teetering on the edge of berating Mowbray but stops short of doing so. Goes into quite a bit of game analysis but then seems to think Mowbray should be given the Summer to mould the team to fit his style.

It’s as critical a piece as I can remember reading so I don’t want to be too disparaging. I just fear when the wind changes direction temporarily, and we win two or three games, all will be forgiven, only for us to go on another dreadful run as he tinkers with the starting XI game after game.

29 minutes ago, TheRoversReturn said:

Have we progressed at all in the last 12 months? Or are we in exactly the same position as we were last summer?

I know lockdown led to groundhog day...but following Tony's Rovers makes it feel like it's Groundhog Year. 

We have regressed from mid - table drifters to relegations likelys.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, davulsukur said:

It's no wonder Mowbray moans about not seeing his family who live like a couple of hours away.

When he sets off there's no way he hops onto the A59, more like he drives to Hull first then follows whatever coast road back up to Teeside.  He does loves a long drawn out journey that fella.

Never known anyone with so little urgency his teams reflect that. Expect to be told next season how he's holding the young side back for their own good because they have to learn.

• Like 2

Blame the pitch, lack of atmosphere but no criticism of the biggest factor in our poor home record - himself. He gets his honesty, hard working mantra in though.

His lack of humility does him no favours.

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/19304060.rovers-working-hard-provide-best-possible-pitch---mowbray/

• Like 4

Amazing the mental gymnastics our local media will go to stay on the fence. Crooke:

‘To Mowbray's merit he stuck to his philosophy’

Why is this to ‘his merit’ when results were poor, we were plummeting down the table and we ended up with fewer points?

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 6

Exactly, he's the architect of his own and the teams downfall. 

Also going off what he's said recently we can expect a few good resounding home wins in Aug/Sept.  Then again in April/May but in between when the British weather kicks in as it does every year we can expect to struggle again.

This being down to HIS brand of football not suiting a norther English climate.  Why does he never get pulled up on such tosh ?

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Whining about his family living far away.

It’s one of many things that infuriate me about Mowbray.

Is the North East the centre of the earth? Why on earth didn’t you move your family down here? Don’t take the job if you don’t want to be away from your family!

He seems like a miserable, insufferable bastard. I suspect his family are happy that he works so far away.

• Like 4