BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

3 hours ago, Stuart said:

Not sure if I’d call it succinct - how far did you scroll down? It’s Lancs Live - pretty sure it’s the online version of the Citizen (I.e. more adverts than actual news).

He seems to be teetering on the edge of berating Mowbray but stops short of doing so. Goes into quite a bit of game analysis but then seems to think Mowbray should be given the Summer to mould the team to fit his style.

It’s as critical a piece as I can remember reading so I don’t want to be too disparaging. I just fear when the wind changes direction temporarily, and we win two or three games, all will be forgiven, only for us to go on another dreadful run as he tinkers with the starting XI game after game.

Read the whole thing.  Last part was based on accepting that Mowbray will remain.  Which,  for some reason beyond my comprehension, seems likely. 

44 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Exactly, he's the architect of his own and the teams downfall. 

Also going off what he's said recently we can expect a few good resounding home wins in Aug/Sept.  Then again in April/May but in between when the British weather kicks in as it does every year we can expect to struggle again.

This being down to HIS brand of football not suiting a norther English climate.  Why does he never get pulled up on such tosh ?

The weather has nothing to do with his football philosophy not working - a bit of rain doesn't mean you can't pass the ball.

33 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Whining about his family living far away.

It’s one of many things that infuriate me about Mowbray.

Is the North East the centre of the earth? Why on earth didn’t you move your family down here? Don’t take the job if you don’t want to be away from your family!

Thing is no one I know who has to do this brings it up or complains about it as much as he does. 

I've two friends in Leeds who are consultants, both of whom have to work away from home regularly. When asked about it both simply shrug and say it's part of the job. I'm sure they are on a lot less than TM and yet if they - not to mention truckers, oil rig workers and the like - don't complain about it, what on earth gives him the right to. 

Also on this a ton of health care professionals had to leave home in lockdown (my wife included.) I'll be honest TM makes more of a fuss and a fanfare of being away from home than they do. It's a disgrace. 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Amazing the mental gymnastics our local media will go to stay on the fence. Crooke:

‘To Mowbray's merit he stuck to his philosophy’

Why is this to ‘his merit’ when results were poor, we were plummeting down the table and we ended up with fewer points?

Now I read that as a kind of, 'despite the need to change, he stuck to his guns'.  That stubbornness would have seen him sacked anywhere else. So he gives him a bit of credit for not changing his ideas - even though he should! 

14 hours ago, davulsukur said:

Laying the groundwork for a summer of signing freebies and loans to "suppliment" the young squad we have.

Then of course a season of failure lies ahead with the mantra being they are a young team, learning the game, getting to grips with the rigours of the championship.

Back on with another journey.

Isn’t that the exact opposite way to success?

surely it should be the aim to have a squad of experience and know how, supplemented by the Academy?

To supplement kids with freebies and loans can never work.

Edited by den
  • Like 2

So ......... we are so good at the tippy-tappy passing game that any pitch that is not in perfect condition can hinder us?

We're not that good.

I've seen us play.

Oh and the Lancs Live journo is just another weather cock.

'‘To Mowbray's merit he stuck to his philosophy’' whilst blaming everything apart from himself.

Merit? I really think not.

• Like 1

That would be typical here though, struggle with the strongest squad you've had. Then decide to cut it right back and depend on the kids and the manager whose blown your money and taken you to 15th place.

And expect it to be so much better !

All whilst his mate has sat in the background trying to sell half the training ground.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

So ......... we are so good at the tippy-tappy passing game that any pitch that is not in perfect condition can hinder us?

We're not that good.

I've seen us play.

Oh and the Lancs Live journo is just another weather cock.

'‘To Mowbray's merit he stuck to his philosophy’' whilst blaming everything apart from himself.

Merit? I really think not.

The lads articles don't read particularly well for me. It's written like someone who has stumbled into journalism and has a thesaurus by his side for the entirety of his articles and still chooses the wrong words.

Is merit even fitting grammatically? Credit perhaps. Not that TM deserves any for his absolutely tragic management last season.

• Like 1

Just now, Theaxe15 said:

The lads articles don't read particularly well for me. It's written like someone who has stumbled into journalism and has a thesaurus by his side for the entirety of his articles and still chooses the wrong words.

Is merit even fitting grammatically? Credit perhaps. Not that TM deserves any for his absolutely tragic management last season.

Totally agree. He either sounds like he’s swallowed a thesaurus (yet his sentences and phrasing still make no sense) or it’s personal blog style intros like ‘I know I talk some rubbish’, doesn’t exactly scream professionalism.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Totally agree. He either sounds like he’s swallowed a thesaurus (yet his sentences and phrasing still make no sense) or it’s personal blog style intros like ‘I know I talk some rubbish’, doesn’t exactly scream professionalism.

Must have poached him from "FootballLeagueWorld.co.uk" or another of those god awful news/views regurgitating websites

• Like 1

My own personal view is that the next three or four weeks are absolutely pivotal to the future of the Club. I don't think we survive another summer and season of Mowbray, Waggott and Venus and may never ever come back from it.

If the owners or their representatives are reading this then you still have it in your power to change the Club's future for the better but time is running short, certainly in respect to next season.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

OldEwoodBlue feels the quality of manager and results go hand in hand.

Not in Blackburn or Pune they don't, the two aren't connected in any way at all seemingly.

22 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

He said: “I probably shouldn’t mention the pitch, but is it a coincidence, that now it’s lush like it was at the start of the season, we’re scoring lots of goals on it and moving the ball really quickly on it? I personally don’t think it’s a coincidence.

“I think we need a good pitch and I know we live in the north west and it rains a lot"

An utterly shameless human being. Feck all to do with the shite teams we were playing in dead rubber games (end of season) or newly promoted teams (beginning of season) eh Tony lad? 

Aknowledges a problem that could impact on the way he wants the team to play.

Adapts to the situation and changes the style to suit the conditions.

🤷‍♂️ Shrugs shoulders and hopes it might work anyway.

Nearly relegates us

• Like 8

Came on here to see what was being said about Tony and it appears that I have clicked on to the How to be a successful journalist page. 

Jaquob is not a local Rovers through and through fan, but I actually think that the way he has adopted us as his second club and maybe offers opinions from an "outsiders" perspective is quite refreshing. 

Anybody that disagrees should perhaps look at applying for his job. 

• Like 2

Just now, JHRover said:

The more and more I hear from Mowbray the more angry I get. He's a coward and a liar and the sound of his voice alone sickens me.

Exactly how I feel. It has now got to Kean levels for me, even if the circumstances aren't exactly the same.

Rovers is not a meritocracy. If it was Mowbray and Venus would have been sacked months ago. It's jobs for the boys. That's unforgivable at a professional football club.

I hope Mowbray and Venus walk out to an empty stadium even when restrictions are fully lifted. They deserve nothing more.   

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

He said: “I probably shouldn’t mention the pitch, but is it a coincidence, that now it’s lush like it was at the start of the season, we’re scoring lots of goals on it and moving the ball really quickly on it? I personally don’t think it’s a coincidence.

“I think we need a good pitch and I know we live in the north west and it rains a lot"

An utterly shameless human being. Feck all to do with the shite teams we were playing in dead rubber games (end of season) or newly promoted teams (beginning of season) eh Tony lad? 

......a majority of whom were down to 10 men!!

Also Tony, just remind us again that, with the pitch being such a big issue, exactly how much have you convinced the powers that be to spend on it this summer?

Toss pot!

• Like 9