BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

15 hours ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

I don't agree that he bangs on about it at every possible opportunity. As far as I can see it's come up in maybe a handful of interviews over the last few years, of which he gives several every week. I'd bet that if men who do spells on oil rigs had to give interviews every time they had a bad day at work, they'd be plenty who mention that they miss their family and if they did nobody in their right mind would say they were whinging. 

Anyway, I'm not saying we need to get the violins out either. Like you say, lots of others do it tough. But I find it incredibly distasteful to use this as a stick to beat him with, and imply that he's being selfish, underhand or whatever, for what is for me a very natural response. There are so many sound, footballing reasons to want him replaced, and so zoning in on this strikes me as at best unnecessary, if not quite a bit worse than that. 

In the interest of staying polite I was not going to respond but as you, probably inadvertently, call my veracity or accuracy into question I must point out that the highlighted part above is totally inaccurate.

36 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

According to RS on Twitter this morning Mowbray had contact with Venkys and he's staying as they've got lower expectations after last season, ffs

Must be great having a boss that lets you lower their targets and expectations for you years into the role...

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 3

Tweets from RS for those not on twitter (apologies if i've missed the specific one DeeCee mentions)

These tweets are in response to fan's questions. Questions paraphrased below, Sharpe answers in bold:-

Is TM staying? 

TM retains the backing of the owners who agree with him about the unique nature of the season. Everything in place for the summer, budget and retained list sorted, which all points to him being entrusted to take the club forward.

Prediction for next season?

see what the summer brings, but I don't think there will be the same level of expectation. Consistency remains the biggest issue, and they might not have the services of a 28-goal striker and only managed 15th with him. So it will need greater contributions across the board.

What excuses have Venky's swallowed for this season?

schedule, lack of pre-season, preparation, Covid absences etc. That isn’t my take btw, just relaying what the viewpoint is within the club.

Edited by Hoochie Bloochie Mama

1 hour ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Tweets from RS for those not on twitter (apologies if i've missed the specific one DeeCee mentions)

These tweets are in response to fan's questions. Questions paraphrased below, Sharpe answers in bold:-

Is TM staying? 

TM retains the backing of the owners who agree with him about the unique nature of the season. Everything in place for the summer, budget and retained list sorted, which all points to him being entrusted to take the club forward.

see what the summer brings, but I don't think there will be the same level of expectation. Consistency remains the biggest issue, and they might not have the services of a 28-goal striker and only managed 15th with him. So it will need greater contributions across the board.

schedule, lack of pre-season, preparation, Covid absences etc. That isn’t my take btw, just relaying what the viewpoint is within the club.

Entirely predictable. We're infested with c%nts, from the owners to the fat mess of a CEO to the hook nosed gurning moron in the dugout. I hate them and all of the chancers that have made the most of the situation in the last decade.

Fully expecting to get relegated next year with Johnson as manager after they pull the trigger on the hook nosed gurning moron too late.

Shambles 

• Like 5

54 minutes ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

Entirely predictable. We're infested with c%nts, from the owners to the fat mess of a CEO to the hook nosed gurning moron in the dugout. I hate them and all of the chancers that have made the most of the situation in the last decade.

Fully expecting to get relegated next year with Johnson as manager after they pull the trigger on the hook nosed gurning moron too late.

Shambles 

Do u know why his nose is hooked?.......so he can smell his own bullshit 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DeeCee said:

According to RS on Twitter this morning Mowbray had contact with Venkys and he's staying as they've got lower expectations after last season, ffs

If that's true then the club has just lost three season ticket holders.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Is TM staying? 

I wonder who the current bad adviser is? It could be quite a lucrative position.

Situations Vacant.

Adviser required to ensure that foreign owners of U.K. sports club, continue to fail. Must be fluent in bullshit and excuses, with an ability to spot an opportunity for spouting crap, in the local press. 

Salary negotiable, but can be reviewed once targets of under achievement are met. Losses need to be maintained at least at the current level and applicant, must have the drive and ambition, to totally alienate the customer base. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, lraC said:

I wonder who the current bad adviser is? It could be quite a lucrative position.

Situations Vacant.

Adviser required to ensure that foreign owners of English football club, continue to fail. Must be fluent in bullshit and excuses, with an ability to spot an opportunity for spouting crap, in the local press. 

Salary negotiable, but can be reviewed once targets of under achievement are met. Losses need to be maintained at least at the current level and applicant, must have the drive and ambition, to totally alienate the customer base. 

Changed it

Got bollocked and supported for saying Slowbrain Mowbray was the new messiah to take us to the third division again. At least the despicable Scottish one did a runner when pushed. Mowbray is either too old or too smart for this game. Let's see what happens when the left (recovering) fans and the post-acne kids return to our hallowed ground. Just like Keano days but lower numbers. Take me out. Live 200 miles away and counting. Good luck. Am a Darrener

1 minute ago, Sparks Rover said:

We should hear from them as to why the change of heart from the owners . Their contacts will have found out by now...I'm.sure they will furnish us with the  news shortly.

the same as any other club they talked about it and changed their mind what else are you expecting to hear?. Maybe they took the line of stability in the middle of a rebuild

• Backroom

IMV it just shows, sadly, that even the people at Ewood (who a lot of this speculation probably came from) have absolutely no clue what is really going on. I doubt there was ever any intention to remove Mowbray last week or any time recently. It was just people at the club putting 2 and 2 together, whilst seemingly forgetting we are run by people who have no idea what they are doing. 

• Like 7

1 minute ago, PeteJD13 said:

the same as any other club they talked about it and changed their mind what else are you expecting to hear?. Maybe they took the line of stability in the middle of a rebuild

Must have been some change of heart....shit show for weeks with no tangible prospect of ever seeing the play off  never mind top 2.  Wonder what made them decide Tony was the man after all

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DE. said:

IMV it just shows, sadly, that even the people at Ewood (who a lot of this speculation probably came from) have absolutely no clue what is really going on. I doubt there was ever any intention to remove Mowbray last week or any time recently. It was just people at the club putting 2 and 2 together, whilst seemingly forgetting we are run by people who have no idea what they are doing. 

Tbf, things can change at any time and the final decision is V’s...but as far as I know the feeling is still that there will be a change. The longer it goes the less likely it will happen.

I can tell you summat, IF they stay on, then they’ve pulled a blinder because no one within the group thought they would! 🙈

• Like 1