BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

40 minutes ago, Gav said:

Lambert was lied to, he was promised money to rebuild the club that never materialised. 

There's no proof of that, Lambert has never even tried to claim that himself has he?

I did acknowledge opinions on him are mixed, for me he inserted the get out clause in his contract was never fully committed and had one foot out of the door before he started.

His record post BRFC also speaks for itself imo.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Wilder would be sensational, but I fear the word is out that we're a basket case club.

If you're any way established as a manager you'd steer well clear. 

True, but equally it’s a chance to have total control is it not?

4 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

True, but equally it’s a chance to have total control is it not?

If you take the time and trouble to develop a relationship with the owners then seemingly, yes, the world's your oyster.

If you don't, you don't seem to get much change out of them.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

There's no proof of that, Lambert has never even tried to claim that himself has he?

I did acknowledge opinions on him are mixed, for me he inserted the get out clause in his contract was never fully committed and had one foot out of the door before he started.

Lambert has said nothing on the record as to why he left, but in private he's explained why, broken promises, not hard to believe really. 

Why do you think a manger like Lambert, who was given the chance to take over this fantastic club, walked out after 6 months?

He was under no pressure and would have earned more money had he been sacked, but he decided to walk away Unheard of in modern day football?

You've always had a soft spot for Venkys Rev, probably in the hope that one day they'll come good. I hope the recent training ground debacle has put that one to bed, they're incompetent at best, crooked probably and they will never bring anything but more misery to this football club. 

The owners are the problem, not the managers.

Edited by Gav
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, gumboots said:

Presumably you're going to buy them not take them

Bloody teacher haha, I was tempted to say that I would steal them. Yes LIDL may have their £1.19 for the eggs I will buy. I hope they are Venky's eggs 🥚🥚

7 minutes ago, Gav said:

You've always had a soft spot for Venkys Rev, probably in the hope that one day they'll come good. I hope the recent training ground debacle has put that one to bed, they're incompetent at best, crooked probably and they will never bring anything but more misery to this football club. 

Think you're miles wide of the mark there Gav it obviously wasn't Waggott that shelved it was it?

TM will be here on day 1 of next season without a doubt. No inside knowledge but none needed really. We all know Venkys by now, they don't care and nor would they know what to do next if they did get rid of him. They've got a lot on their plate with their main business interests, they don't want the hassle of having this to sort out too. That's the sad reality of it. 

No Armstrong, no Dack, No Elliot next season. It will be pretty grim. We need some top quality loans because there's no way we can buy that sort of quality with the budget we have. Even if we do get some quality loans, the Mowbray defensive masterclass will continue anyway. Sad times at this great club. 

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Lambert thought he was a shoe-in for the Celtic job at the time which is why he had that clause inserted in the first place. Anything else he claims is utter horse-shit.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

It's entirely up to you whether you don't buy stories of a U turn, no-one can be 100% sure the information they are relaying is correct.

However, if a u turn has occurred this sort of thing has seemingly happened before, no-one seems to dispute that Warnock was more or less signed, sealed and delivered at one point and the next minute Coyle was unveiled.

If a U turn has occurred here as well I fear it will have similarly disastrous consequences to the Coyle situation.

That was a different situation. They clearly had made the decsion to appoint a new manager then. Talk of u-turns now sounds like arse covering to me from people who didn't know anything concrete to begin with. Nixon is full of shit, but if he got an inkling of something happening he would have posted it. They didn't decide to sack him , then just not do it and decide to continue with him as manager 

I personally think barring us falling into the relegation places, they had decided that he was going to get to see out his deal to the end of the next season. 

To be honest,I would say the pandemic has led to the club going even further down their list of priorities. It's insignificant to them. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

12 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Lambert thought he was a shoe-in for the Celtic job at the time which is why he had that clause inserted in the first place. Anything else he claims is utter horse-shit.

No manager resigns or walks after 6 months with no job to go to.

If it doesn’t make sense it’s probably not true.

A bit like these Wilder and Eddie Howe rumours, if anyone believes those I’ve got a bridge for sale, one owner, overlooking the Thames..

Venkys out. 

Edited by Gav
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Gav said:

No manager resigns or walks after 6 months with no job to go to.

If it doesn’t make sense it’s probably not true.

A bit like these Wilder and Eddie Howe rumours, if anyone believes those I’ve got a bridge for sale, one owner, overlooking the Thames..

Venkys out. 

He thought he did have a job to go to, that’s the point. 

3 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

I'm sure Ipswich fans would disagree. 

And Wolves and Stoke fans.

Lambert's qualities or lack thereof are irrelevant. I only cited him as an example of a Venky's appointment that looked decent at the time it was made.

All we need to bother about now is that as at this moment Mowbray is still manager

= not good.

7 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

And Wolves and Stoke fans.

Lambert's qualities or lack thereof are irrelevant. I only cited him as an example of a Venky's appointment that looked decent at the time it was made.

All we need to bother about now is that as at this moment Mowbray is still manager

= not good.

No, the only thing we need to bother about is the owners are still in charge and making appointments that are not fit to lace the boots of the staff that have gone before those idiots bought the club.

• Like 2