BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

12 hours ago, Ulrich said:

Bloody teacher haha, I was tempted to say that I would steal them. Yes LIDL may have their £1.19 for the eggs I will buy. I hope they are Venky's eggs 🥚🥚

Bloody hell Ulrich. I'm a teacher and steal eggs all the time. Those hens get upset though

32 minutes ago, gumboots said:

It wasn't the stealing or not stealing but the fact that I picked him up on use of language he was on about

Nothing wrong with his language. I encourage vernacular these days. Too liberal I suppose. 

1 hour ago, tina said:

Nothing wrong with his language. I encourage vernacular these days. Too liberal I suppose. 

I'm not common, thank you very much 😋. Any failings on my part, in regards my language skills, are representative of the poor education in this country hahaha. I will take the common stance of students these days, and blame everyone and everything bar myself.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ulrich said:

I'm not common, thank you very much 😋. Any failings on my part, in regards my language skills, are representative of the poor education in this country hahaha. I will take the common stance of students these days, and blame everyone and everything bar myself.

How very Mowbray of you 😂

• Like 4

17 hours ago, roverandout said:

Lambert would have had us challenging for promotion if he was backed properly.  Im sure of that 

Not sure about that, but I reckon if Lambert had got over 4 years at the job, with £15m in transfer fee's and a decent wage budget, plus never having to sell any of his best players, he would have achieved at least the same as Mowbray has. 

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, PeteJD13 said:

So nixon saying mowbray could be gone by the end of the month but only if he wants it, that could back up what a few have posted about mutual consent

E1rM6rWXIAURoKR.jpg

I'd take that more as him being facetious and Mowbray having control over pretty much everything at the club. I'd prefer your take of course...

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, PeteJD13 said:

So nixon saying mowbray could be gone by the end of the month but only if he wants it, that could back up what a few have posted about mutual consent

E1rM6rWXIAURoKR.jpg

Never thought I'd be grateful to be backed up by something off Nixon's feed but I'll take it. The fact he is casting doubt on it makes me feel a little more confident Lol.

The bit about "end of the month" would tie in exactly with my original understanding about the timescale and a relatively dignified exit etc.

Of course it could just be someone whose read this thread and is recycling the rumours on here!

Anyone know who @ 1875 is?

Edited by RevidgeBlue
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Is he not implying that he’s safe as houses with the owners? I.e the only way he’s leaving is if it’s off his own accord.

Think he is, but he hasn't exactly been on the money with much Rovers related stuff in recent years has he?

Note to self: I need to stop this, I'm descending into wishful thinking 🤔

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

Never thought I'd be grateful to be backed up by something off Nixon's feed but I'll take it. The fact he is casting doubt on it makes me feel a little more confident Lol.

The bit about "end of the month" would tie in exactly with my original understanding about the timescale and a relatively dignified exit etc.

Of course it could just be someone whose read this thread and is recycling the rumours on here!

Anyone know who @ 1875 is?

Was it not you that put on here he's be gone by the end of the month. Either you @Manior @oldjamfan1

Nixon is basically just repeating what he's read on here isn't he?

What sort of clown show are we running here?  Somehow we "thought" we had a club option on Chapman for next term, but it turns out we don't?  We don't even know the terms of our own players f'n contracts!  It must be a metal ward up there.  The whole lot need to go.

Tony Mowbray had suggested Rovers had an option in the deal that brought Chapman to Ewood Park in January 2019 that would be triggered to ensure he was under contract until at least 2022 but he has learned there was no such option for the club to trigger in the deal of Chapman. 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Was it not you that put on here he's be gone by the end of the month. Either you @Manior @oldjamfan1

Nixon is basically just repeating what he's read on here isn't he?

I've never said "end of the month" specifically, just that the info was that it was intended to be a relatively dignified departure at the end of the season.

I.e. my reading of that would be they probably wouldn't be potting him an hour after the season finished and that it would probably be expressed to be "by mutual consent" even if it wasn't.

As regards Nixon's twitter feed, it wasn't Nixon who suggested it, someone has tweeted him speculating Mowbray'll be gone by the end of the month and Nixon has pooh poohed it saying only if Mowbray wants to leave as well.

Could just be someone recycling what they've read on here.

• Like 2

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

I've never said "end of the month" specifically, just that the info was that it was intended to be a relatively dignified departure at the end of the season.

I.e. my reading of that would be they probably wouldn't be potting him an hour after the season finished and that it would probably be expressed to be "by mutual consent" even if it wasn't.

As regards Nixon's twitter feed, it wasn't Nixon who suggested it, someone has tweeted him speculating Mowbray'll be gone by the end of the month and Nixon has pooh poohed it saying only if Mowbray wants to leave as well.

Could just be someone recycling what they've read on here.

Ah right, I didn't read the full tweet convo. So someone has read it on here and asked Nixon for confirmation.

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Think he is, but he hasn't exactly been on the money with much Rovers related stuff in recent years has he?

Note to self: I need to stop this, I'm descending into wishful thinking 🤔

Rev it's the hope that kills you. Drink more, think less 😂

• Like 1

I'd take Nixons comments to mean he's not heard owt and Mowbray will only leave if he suddenly decides too.

Nothing in it imo, as you were, the signs and noises are crystal clear he isn't being pushed and is settling in for another grind.

• Like 2