BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

3 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

Wasn't his point about the club never being normal since Venky's arrived?

Yes, it was - I missed that in my haste to post something. I agree we've not been a normal club since the Venkmachine rolled into town, though you could argue that the rot had set in some considerable time before they rocked up. I mean, doesn't anyone else remember the dark noises coming from the Walker Trust about the sustainability of the model that Jack had implemented..sloping shoulders that lot!

When you look at Rovers’ retained list it fully illustrates Mowbray’s inability to plan , to think, to develop. I’m not sure where we on “ this journey “...but we are currently without leaders, without hungry young men, without players with the ability to play out from the back ( his idea of progress ) , without structure ....

...we continue to sink..and eagerly  wait for return of Ayala ...and maybe Bennett running the dressing room....so much to look forward to ....😳

• Like 6

33 minutes ago, Dolly blue said:

When you look at Rovers’ retained list it fully illustrates Mowbray’s inability to plan , to think, to develop. I’m not sure where we on “ this journey “...but we are currently without leaders, without hungry young men, without players with the ability to play out from the back ( his idea of progress ) , without structure ....

...we continue to sink..and eagerly  wait for return of Ayala ...and maybe Bennett running the dressing room....so much to look forward to ....😳

Stop! You're depressing me ! Don't you know we are already on course for the wettest May on record?  😳 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TimmyJimmy said:

I think the problem with Mowbray's dressing room is that it's full of 'nice' people. Competitive sport needs spikey personalities, an edge, a bit of ruthlessness and once in a while outright badness. We need grit in the oyster, he's assembled a team of boy scouts.  We're going to win nothing if he continues to buy guys who are in touch with their feelings.

That in a nutshell is why TM will never build a team capable of promotion. We need a couple of evil sods like a Batty or a Keeley. Not going to happen though is it.

Flat caps, rattles and "play up you blues" is a Roy of the Rovers fantasy of a bygone era, the sport of today is a totally different beast and Mowbray is lost in the past.  What holds good for players holds good for managers. Think of spikey managers like Hughes or Warnock, think Ferguson or Souness and compare to TM, who's going to win something and who's not.

Exactly, nice lads, nice slow sideways football, nice training ground banter etc.

Nice comfort zone for every one to sit in the middle of the division whilst the gaffer rotates to keep everyone happy.

Best job in the division for any bog average yes man.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Exactly, nice lads, nice slow sideways football, nice training ground banter etc.

Nice comfort zone for every one to sit in the middle of the division whilst the gaffer rotates to keep everyone happy.

Best job in the division for any bog average yes man.

sooner or later it`s going to bite him on the arse and we`ll end up in a relegation battle,then he`ll suddenly rediscover his honour and depart halfway through the season with plaudits from his fan club on facebook and in the telegraph☹️

• Like 2

5 hours ago, TimmyJimmy said:

I think the problem with Mowbray's dressing room is that it's full of 'nice' people. Competitive sport needs spikey personalities, an edge, a bit of ruthlessness and once in a while outright badness. We need grit in the oyster, he's assembled a team of boy scouts.  We're going to win nothing if he continues to buy guys who are in touch with their feelings.

That in a nutshell is why TM will never build a team capable of promotion. We need a couple of evil sods like a Batty or a Keeley. Not going to happen though is it.

Flat caps, rattles and "play up you blues" is a Roy of the Rovers fantasy of a bygone era, the sport of today is a totally different beast and Mowbray is lost in the past.  What holds good for players holds good for managers. Think of spikey managers like Hughes or Warnock, think Ferguson or Souness and compare to TM, who's going to win something and who's not.

Our dressing room is full of players who don't question TM, weak mentally as strength of mind speaks and says when they think a boss is wrong.  He surrounds himself with yes men and anyone who disagress gets shunted.  Tm is a pathetic man, he cannot take critique as demonstrated by the comments he makes from the fans.  He is no leader and until the muppet goes we will continue to sign 'yes' men and weak players mentally.

• Like 3

• Backroom
On 22/05/2021 at 11:07, TimmyJimmy said:

YES YES YES!

Think of the dressing room Hughesy cultivated, full of hard bastards and several international captains.

Savage, Mokoena, Nelsen, Samba, Warnock, Bellamy, Roberts.

All complementing a squad already containing Friedel, Short, Flitcroft, Todd, Reid, Neill, Tugay.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Let's hope the (now probably very old) rumours of Mowbray leaving end of May are true. We have pretty much 5 more days.

Has anyone heard anything more on it?

Without actually coming out and saying 'nah nah na nah nah - i'm staying and there is fook all you can do about it' to the majority who've had enough of his self serving tripe. The guy himself has pretty much told everybody by his actions and statements that he's going nowhere. The stuff he's been doing with the squad rubber stamps this.

I think he'd have to be surgically removed from his Ewood comfort zone. Along with his little group and to the cost of several million quid.

So anyone still clinging to anything, which was only ever based on assumption wherever its come from, needs to take the top off the coffee pot and have a good old sniff.

Prepare the groundhog instead.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

Without actually coming out and saying 'nah nah na nah nah - i'm staying and there is fook all you can do about it' to the majority who've had enough of his self serving tripe. The guy himself has pretty much told everybody by his actions and statements that he's going nowhere. The stuff he's been doing with the squad rubber stamps this.

I think he'd have to be surgically removed from his Ewood comfort zone. Along with his little group and to the cost of several million quid.

So anyone still clinging to anything, which was only ever based on assumption wherever its come from, needs to take the top off the coffee pot and have a good old sniff.

Prepare the groundhog instead.

We're getting relegated aren't we? 😫😔

• Like 1

12 hours ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Let's hope the (now probably very old) rumours of Mowbray leaving end of May are true. We have pretty much 5 more days.

Has anyone heard anything more on it?

There's nothing to hear. Mowbray is going nowhere

I tend to agree that he is going nowhere, which is why the badly advised crew are still so wide of the mark, it is untrue.

Assuming they still know the square root of FA about football, someone must have advised them that keeping him, is the way forward, yet I don't know of any poster on here, who thinks that is good advice. Yet again, they have someone advising them, who is more interested in their own agenda, than the long term good of the club..

Will they ever listen and will the club ever make any proper progress with these owners? 

Answers on a postcode, but don't bother sending it to India.

6 minutes ago, JohnGo said:

Who should take over, and don’t rattle out the same old boring names, Warnock, McCarthy, etc, etc. Where’s the next Eddie Howe who’s going to take us to the promised land?

You mean two blokes who have had their clubs doing significantly better than us in a fraction of the time spent at the club? 

Am happy with the next Eddie Howe too but any competence - old school or new - would be very welcome. 

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead
8 minutes ago, JohnGo said:

Who should take over, and don’t rattle out the same old boring names, Warnock, McCarthy, etc, etc. Where’s the next Eddie Howe who’s going to take us to the promised land?

What’s wrong with managers that have better track records than the guy in the hot seat who’s underachieved so much?

• Like 2

I’d even settle for somebody random out of the phone book that won’t talk as much shite as Tonebola.

Mowbray hadn’t exactly set a high bar. Well bank rolling league one in order to force our way past the mighty Shrewsbury to a runners up position aside. 

Edited by matt83
  • Like 3

45 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

What’s wrong with managers that have better track records than the guy in the hot seat who’s underachieved so much?

Warnock isnt going to leave Boro for us. Dont forget the mess that after during the summer when he was set to take over before we appointed Coyle. 

Nothing wrong with looking at all different options out there. There is good options out there we could get if we had vacancy

2 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Mick McCarthy lost 3 of his 22 games at Cardiff. They'd lost 6 on the bounce before he went in

What is old or boring about that?

Is he going to Cardiff to come here?