BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

Warnock isnt going to leave Boro for us. Dont forget the mess that after during the summer when he was set to take over before we appointed Coyle. 

Nothing wrong with looking at all different options out there. There is good options out there we could get if we had vacancy

Is he going to Cardiff to come here? 

We had almost a year to appoint him after he left the Ireland job and he was desperate to get back into the Championship. We could have been proactive and made a move.

We missed the boat. Cardiff got themselves a good manager and we are still lumbered with a poor one.

Can say the same for Forest with Hughton and Middlesbrough with Warnock.

These sort of managers aren't gambles.

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Is he going to Cardiff to come here? 

Well it depends where he's setting off from.

If he's in West Wales it makes sense to go on the M4/M5/M6. But if he's say, in Barnsley, it would be silly to go via Cardiff.

Edited by LDRover
  • Like 9

Same old arguments, same old boring football tactics, bla, bla, bla. Have you guys no ambition to have football like we had in the 90’s? Your not reaching for the sky, you can’t get out the basement. I don’t know who’s available and don’t profess to know the pro game around Europe. I’ll say again can we find the next Howe or in Europe Nuno.

It's still the usual problem, no one will succeed whilst Venky's own the club, no matter how good the are.

Lambert was off like a shot, once he realised what they were all about and although he may not have been the answer, he certainly wasn't going to be messed about.

Tony is happy to toe the line, hence their reluctance to part company with him.

• Like 3

They are sold on Tony & Waggos plans because they are preaching cost cutting and growing to sell now.

The fact that it will end up in league 1 again is completely lost on the ownership. Because they don't want the hassle of doing anything other than signing off the same budget every year.

• Like 2

• Moderation Lead
24 minutes ago, JohnGo said:

Same old arguments, same old boring football tactics, bla, bla, bla. Have you guys no ambition to have football like we had in the 90’s? Your not reaching for the sky, you can’t get out the basement. I don’t know who’s available and don’t profess to know the pro game around Europe. I’ll say again can we find the next Howe or in Europe Nuno.

Only ambition I’ve got is for Rovers to get promoted. If that involves functional (what you’ve called boring) football, then so be it. 
Beats watching us pass it around aimlessly and have about two shots in a game....

(P.S- final time I’ll recommend you locating your nearest charm school and graduating from it).

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JHRover said:

We had almost a year to appoint him after he left the Ireland job and he was desperate to get back into the Championship. We could have been proactive and made a move.

We missed the boat. Cardiff got themselves a good manager and we are still lumbered with a poor one.

Can say the same for Forest with Hughton and Middlesbrough with Warnock.

These sort of managers aren't gambles.

Not sure I would have appoint any of them after Mowbray. None would been have approach in I owed the club. 

I would target Mark Hughes, Chris Wilder(who I dont think would come), Gareth Ainsworth or Alex Neil. Other than that I would go down a Sporting Director/Head Coach route. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tomphil said:

They are sold on Tony & Waggos plans because they are preaching cost cutting and growing to sell now.

The fact that it will end up in league 1 again is completely lost on the ownership. Because they don't want the hassle of doing anything other than signing off the same budget every year.

The deafening silence that us mere mortals as fans get, means that last year, it could have been, let's spend and try to get the elusive promotion, but the aim, might now be to maintain the status quo if possible, and sell a few players to try to balance the books.

Perhaps success for the future is keep the annual issue of shares below the £10m and ideally get it down to 1-2 million per year.

With the rate these lot are going, our number of shares will out number the entire population if India, before the are finished.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, JohnGo said:

Yes it is the same old argument because the argument is they are improving the clubs that they are at! 

You say we need a better manager - these guys are proving they are better managers by getting better results with the teams they are in charge of. I mean I'm not too sure where to go with this when you ask for a higher quality of manager, and when it's presented to you with evidence you dismiss it as "bla". 

Perhaps it's the boring football bit that puts you off. I'll be honest I find winning football much more palatable than good football, and it's hardly as if we get an entertainment masterclass as it is. Asking for winning with style is a huge ask, and maybe unrealistic with our budget. If I had to chose one it would be winning every time. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Only ambition I’ve got is for Rovers to get promoted. If that involves functional (what you’ve called boring) football, then so be it. 
Beats watching us pass it around aimlessly and have about two shots in a game....

(P.S- final time I’ll recommend you locating your nearest charm school and graduating from it).

Me too, but it’s happened five times in my 55 years of support. It’s the soullessness of Venky’s regime that takes the pleasure out of all the seasons we don’t go up.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, lraC said:

The deafening silence that us mere mortals as fans get, means that last year, it could have been, let's spend and try to get the elusive promotion, but the aim, might now be to maintain the status quo if possible, and sell a few players to try to balance the books.

Perhaps success for the future is keep the annual issue of shares below the £10m and ideally get it down to 1-2 million per year.

With the rate these lot are going, our number of shares will out number the entire population if India, before the are finished.

The thing is last time they crunched it down to a couple of million per year it resulted in anyone being worth anything being sold. About 30 million income to pay back a few years running costs, maybe pay down borrowings and reset FFP. Flip side it resulted in relegation though.

It's a flawed concept doing it every 4 years, it only worked last time because league 2 was weak and we bounced straight back.  Would we put it past these lot to risk that 'journey' again ?

No we bloody wouldn't they've got the right crew at the helm who'd brazen it out for sure. If that was the risk they are going to take though it then begs the question are they borrowing or lending over a 4/5 year cycle. Is money somehow paid back with a cherry on top ?

Is that why they remain and keep doing what they do ?

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Is this a warning? Who have I insulted? I don’t need charm to make a valid point. I’d like to know your reasons for what looks like a threat.

• Moderation Lead
30 minutes ago, JohnGo said:

Is this a warning? Who have I insulted? I don’t need charm to make a valid point. I’d like to know your reasons for what looks like a threat.

‘Same old arguments, same old boring football tactics, bla bla bla’.

Surely you don’t think that’s a polite way to address people?

38 minutes ago, JohnGo said:

Have a listen to Wim Hoff, he has some awesome suggestions for you....

2 hours ago, JohnGo said:

I imagine most Rovers fans have ambition and would absolutely love to unearth another Howe or Nuno and have them deliver promotion.

The problem though, as always, is the owners. They have no ambitions for the club. 

They jump into bed with whichever agent gets their ear and we end up with some cheap dross (See Coyle and Mowbray). They get sacked and round and round we go.

Until Venkys are gone, we won't be getting promoted.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

The thing is last time they crunched it down to a couple of million per year it resulted in anyone being worth anything being sold. About 30 million income to pay back a few years running costs, maybe pay down borrowings and reset FFP. Flip side it resulted in relegation though.

It's a flawed concept doing it every 4 years, it only worked last time because league 2 was weak and we bounced straight back.  Would we put it past these lot to risk that 'journey' again ?

No we bloody wouldn't they've got the right crew at the helm who'd brazen it out for sure. If that was the risk they are going to take though it then begs the question are they borrowing or lending over a 4/5 year cycle. Is money somehow paid back with a cherry on top ?

Is that why they remain and keep doing what they do ?

This could well be next seasons journey. I actually think we have enough quality to still be able to survive in the division, after selling Armstrong, but of the decide to cash in on 3 or 4 more, then we are gone and won't come back that quickly next time.

As for promotion, forget it. 

17 minutes ago, lraC said:

This could well be next seasons journey. I actually think we have enough quality to still be able to survive in the division, after selling Armstrong, but of the decide to cash in on 3 or 4 more, then we are gone and won't come back that quickly next time.

I dunno, we did finish pretty high in the Xg league, maybe next year we'll get promoted to the premier Xg league?

33 minutes ago, lraC said:

I don't, that would be Armstrong AND Elliot gone.

Playing the system and style we do where the odd chances that come along absolutely need to be converted just to gain a draw. We tend to need to score at least 3 to win and we very rarely come from behind to win or even snatch tight games late.

Literally everything about it is flawed but will he change it ?  Doubtful when all he's admitted he's bothered about is possession stats and shoehorning everyone in to aid their development.

He needs rabbits out the hat even if we keep AA.

5 minutes ago, tomphil said:

We tend to need to score at least 3 to win and we very rarely come from behind to win or even snatch tight games late.

Out of the 34 games we've won over the last 2 seasons - only 7 of them would we have needed to score 3+ to win (and four of those victories were end of season games with not a lot to play for. We've actually kept 17 clean sheets in those 34 wins.

5 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Out of the 34 games we've won over the last 2 seasons - only 7 of them would we have needed to score 3+ to win (and four of those victories were end of season games with not a lot to play for. We've actually kept 17 clean sheets in those 34 wins.

All going well then, eh? MOWBRAY IN