BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

14 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Out of the 34 games we've won over the last 2 seasons - only 7 of them would we have needed to score 3+ to win (and four of those victories were end of season games with not a lot to play for. We've actually kept 17 clean sheets in those 34 wins.

Amazing how things can be easily made to look better than they are.

You could say we only needed to score ONE to get a point in about a quarter of last seasons games.

We didn't manage it though.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Why, everyone else has 😂

😂

But seriously why would Warnock, Hughton or McCarthy leave their present clubs to join Rovers? 

Those 3 names have been mention time after time. 

I think my 4 man shortlist has quality and those 4 would be top of our list if we have vacancy. After that I would appoint Sporting Director with Head coach structure. 

5 hours ago, JHRover said:

We had almost a year to appoint him after he left the Ireland job and he was desperate to get back into the Championship. We could have been proactive and made a move.

We missed the boat. Cardiff got themselves a good manager and we are still lumbered with a poor one.

Can say the same for Forest with Hughton and Middlesbrough with Warnock.

These sort of managers aren't gambles.

We are going to see them all back in the Championship next season where they belong. The days of "Warnock gets you in the playoffs at least " are over.

1 minute ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

We are going to see them all back in the Championship next season where they belong. The days of "Warnock gets you in the playoffs at least " are over.

All will finish above us and I'll have a bet at least one of those three finishes in the top 6.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

I agree with @JohnGo we need the next Valerian Ismail or a Chris Wilder type rather than a Mick McCarthy of Neil Warnock.

We need fresh blood and to over achieve on a mid table budget.

Im still curious to see who they’ve got lined up 👀

Who they’ve got lined up? Mowbray is still here and there’s nothing to remotely suggest he’ll be going anywhere any time soon. 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, JHRover said:

All will finish above us and I'll have a bet at least one of those three finishes in the top 6.

How many points did we take off Warnock's Boro team? 

You said that Warnock would get top 6 last season and he got nowhere close. 

Big predictions so early into this summer transfer window. 

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Well that's cracking logic isn't it? I mean we beat Manure under the odious one at their place. Didn't make him a good manager though. Terrible logic. 

They were a damn sight nearer then we were. Which kind of suggests he is a better manager. Factor in where they were last season and it's a pretty good one for them. And even if it isn't, we aren't in a position to boast. 

Yes it is a rather big prediction. Wonder what sort of evidence could have printed such a conclusion. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Have you heard updated info?

Still think he’ll go and that the manager they have in their mind is in a job already...which I’m guessing is the most likely reason for delay. 

Edited by Paul Mani
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Butty said:

Who they’ve got lined up? Mowbray is still here and there’s nothing to remotely suggest he’ll be going anywhere any time soon. 

Yeah and because you ain’t heard anything, then there’s nowt happening...right? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paul Mani said:

I agree with @JohnGo we need the next Valerian Ismail or a Chris Wilder type rather than a Mick McCarthy of Neil Warnock.

We need fresh blood and to over achieve on a mid table budget.

Im still curious to see who they’ve got lined up 👀

Jurgen Klopps cousin, Clipperty. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Paul Mani said:

I hope to god you’re right, drink on me if you are. If you’re wrong then I’ll let the mods deal with you 😉

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Still think he’ll go and that the manager they have in their mind is in a job already...which I’m guessing is the most likely reason for delay. 

Yeah, that'll be it. 🙄

43 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Precisely. There's nowt happening. 👍

• Like 2

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Bit odd to be criticising Warnock.

They finished seven points better off than us, a swing of 17 points from the previous season when we finished ten points ahead of them and if memory serves me correctly he was brought in to save them.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Bit odd to be criticising Warnock.

They finished seven points better off than us, a swing of 17 points from the previous season when we finished ten points ahead of them and if memory serves me correctly he was brought in to save them.

Yes he saved them in the previous season with a quality squad there

14 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

You obviously forgot how we stole a victory off boro due to terrible refereeing. Also I'm pretty sure you said we would finish above boro at some point last season during a debate about Warnock's quality. How did that prediction pan out?

• Like 4