BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

In the midst of that latest horror run, he gave the impression of having given up and waiting for the payoff, as is normal in football.

I imagine now he realises (if he didn’t already) that he is bulletproof, the ego will be out of control next season.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 6

He'll have a whole new narrative to spin next season his PR mob will be working on it right now.

Fail with all the targets and tools he's asked for the last few years so strip them away. Remove the evidence and go with a bare bones slimmed down version with a target of bettering 15th place.

The new journey has just begun and reducing the wage bill will be the new mantra. The wage bill and running costs he and his cronies had spent the last few years bloating again  and wasting. Along with wasting the clubs best chances of kicking on in the last decade.

Lapdogs will lap it up again, however there is always 12 million worth of elephants in the room to remind us !

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 6

• Moderation Lead

It seems like we have gone back to calling people out for saying something which hasn’t transpired, then people biting back, indicating they know something we don’t.

Can we not do that please?

As stated before, the information was posted in good faith, by a number of posters, so, at that time, there may have been something in it. Who knows what may have happened since, but either Venky’s are waiting for something else to happen before they pull the trigger, or they’ve changed their mind. With them, pretty much anything goes, so it’s probably not worth getting worked up about rumour and hearsay until anything actually happens....

• Like 9

I notice since the season has ended, we have not heard from Mowbray, all details of new contracts etc are for the youngsters, and news is about these and today how the U23's etc have done. No comments direct from Mowbray.

Could he actually be on his way, only contracts renewed are the ones that we could force to be extended.

Fingers crossed, that he will be gone soon.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Craigman said:

I notice since the season has ended, we have not heard from Mowbray, all details of new contracts etc are for the youngsters, and news is about these and today how the U23's etc have done. No comments direct from Mowbray.

Could he actually be on his way, only contracts renewed are the ones that we could force to be extended.

Don’t do it to yourself lad. Over the last 6 months I’ve convinced myself of various things signalling his end. Ultimately Mowbray is like the terminator. Just when you think he’s gone he comes back stronger than before.

He’ll be back soon harping on about his journey, giving a thesis on why it’s not 1995 therefore he’s doing well and how we can’t possibly compete with Peterborough with their momentum from league one.

oh and defenders are coming. Naturally 

Edited by matt83
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, K-Hod said:

It seems like we have gone back to calling people out for saying something which hasn’t transpired, then people biting back, indicating they know something we don’t.

Can we not do that please?

As stated before, the information was posted in good faith, by a number of posters, so, at that time, there may have been something in it. Who knows what may have happened since, but either Venky’s are waiting for something else to happen before they pull the trigger, or they’ve changed their mind. With them, pretty much anything goes, so it’s probably not worth getting worked up about rumour and hearsay until anything actually happens....

I for one like hearing what people think they know from what they believe to be reliable sources. Whether it’s transfer rumours or changes of personnel even if it ultimately doesn’t pan out. I get 99% of my rovers news from this site. Whether that’s the equivalent of these young uns using Facebook/Twitter for their main source of news I don’t know but saves me going on to the club site or the propaganda rag the LET.

Hopefully one day rovers will be more of an open book where fans feel part of the club again.

One thing I have heard from what I believe to be a reliable source is rovers know what next years seasons ticket details will be price wise but are waiting until the right time. I told this person for what it’s worth unless they make them pretty much free or coincide them with Mowbray’s sacking the take up will be as poor as it’s ever been.

• Like 9

54 minutes ago, Craigman said:

Mowbray will be on holiday now will he not?

If he was going surely he would be gone by now

19 minutes ago, matt83 said:

I told this person for what it’s worth unless they make them pretty much free or coincide them with Mowbray’s sacking 

Holy Moly, if that happened, Mowbray gone, new manager in a couple of days before the tickets go on sale that would be like Friday night down Peps🥳

Mani and Rev giving it large on the dance floor 

• Like 1

• Backroom

Problem is, when there's no real pressure from the top it usually leads to mediocre performances from all below, unless you have an extremely driven manager and set of players. I think it's obvious we don't. Mowbray and the team being under no pressure, as performances seemingly have no bearing on job security, means mid-table at best and a relegation battle at worst - and let's face it, under this lot it wouldn't be much of a battle. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, DE. said:

Problem is, when there's no real pressure from the top it usually leads to mediocre performances from all below, unless you have an extremely driven manager and set of players. I think it's obvious we don't. Mowbray and the team being under no pressure, as performances seemingly have no bearing on job security, means mid-table at best and a relegation battle at worst - and let's face it, under this lot it wouldn't be much of a battle. 

This has been a massive issue here all along even under previous Venky induced managers. 

Now we have one whose been here years and knows exactly how they work. That means they just sigh the cheques, say yay or nay to things via their messenger and will only analyze things once per year in mid summer.

Otherwise there's nothing to worry about and if they did remove you it would be out of the blue without prior warning.

So just shrug your shoulders and carry on basically doing what you want as long as you run it by the messenger. Even more convenient when you have your pal as a cushion as well.

Only reason he isn't saying owt is he'll be on a long awaited break like most of them will. He also knows people are sick of hearing his babble so time to kick back for a few weeks and plan next years pitch to the fans.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Craigman said:

There is always a post season lull and wall of silence, everyone on holiday and every single aspect of the club (season tickets, kits, signings, budgets) all left until the last possible moment. Dont torture yourself would be my advice.

2 hours ago, Craigman said:

Its a good point you have made here, 

Only contracts thats have done 1st team wise are the extensions to 4 players to JRC, Nyambe, Rothwell and Johnson for a year plus Scott new contract to 2024.

We have seen plenty of new contracts for our 23's and 18's players 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Its a good point you have made here, 

Only contracts thats have done 1st team wise are the extensions to 4 players to JRC, Nyambe, Rothwell and Johnson for a year plus Scott new contract to 2024.

We have seen plenty of new contracts for our 23's and 18's players 

Possibly because our senior players won't sign on for a few hundred quid a week 

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, gumboots said:

He doesnt live in Middlesbrough. He lives in Marske. That's at the seaside so wherever he is he's on hols. 

It's obviously not nice enough for him to want to put his feet up and stay there, sadly.

5 hours ago, islander200 said:

Mowbray will be on holiday now will he not?

If he was going surely he would be gone by now

Maybe there is a clause in his contract whereby when he enters the last 12 months, a mutual termination can take place, at a certain cost?

• Like 3