BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

14 hours ago, tomphil said:

Which begs the question why doesn't he just get them on the front foot having a go more often ?

What is he so scared of, losing 2 nil instead of 1 nil ?

He's such a strange guy at times.

Well when we lose tight games ,he can point to the fact we lost by the odd goal and it looks better. Mediocre Mowbray 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, tomphil said:

Which begs the question why doesn't he just get them on the front foot having a go more often ?

What is he so scared of, losing 2 nil instead of 1 nil ?

He's such a strange guy at times.

Yep...looked a very good side against Preston away,shackles off and played them off the Park.

Then it was shyte for the rest of the Season.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Meanwhile - Barnsley manager going to WBA - £2m compo.

You want a good manager you go out and buy them.

£5m and £7m for below championship level players is a joke.

Meanwhile a good manager with a below championship level squad manages to get into the playoffs costing £2m

That's what iv'e been saying for years, if you want it and want to show ambition then pay for it !

Here they wanted a young naive coach who could be manipulated and a yes man. After a set of spectacular failures they switched tack to somebody on the scrapheap who'd be grateful enough for the job, then be pliable and a yes man as a result.

There are reasons they'll never employ a rated boss and it really is not down to the money.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, LDRover said:

I wonder if we'll ever have a manager poached from us under Venky rule?

Please let it be this summer.

If he has an inkling there's no contract after this one and a lower level club touts him a 3 year deal then you never know.

Back in reality though there's more chance of Real Madrid coming in for Steven Pears !

Old Tony will have to be surgically removed from his Ewood comfort zone if the day it's over ever arrives.

16 hours ago, LDRover said:

I wonder if we'll ever have a manager poached from us under Venky rule?

Most folk in the know wouldn't even stomach an egg poached from Venkys, let alone a manager.

Get thee gone, thou gurning cream faced loon.

Edited by WIR Second Coming
I wanted to rant, I wanted to shout, but no one turned up, so Mowbray's not out.....yet 😉
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

An interview that doesnt reflect well on how the club is run at home nor the manager. We know that the club is not all on the same page from the owners down. Downing was offered a deal towards the end of the season before last, which was then revoked. We then only went back to him after covid and injury issues, and he was kept in the dark as to why he wasnt playing, and was further aggravating by the rotation of subs rather than subs being picked on merit.

Surely not from Mr Holier Than Thou.

Edited by Ewood Ace

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

An interview that doesnt reflect well on how the club is run at home nor the manager. We know that the club is not all on the same page from the owners down. Downing was offered a deal towards the end of the season before last, which was then revoked. We then only went back to him after covid and injury issues, and he was kept in the dark as to why he wasnt playing, and was further aggravating by the rotation of subs rather than subs being picked on merit.

I said a while back we could do worse than give him a try as manager.

Mowbray is lost deep deep within his own mind somewhere. 

Downing the ideal player for this sort of setup. They have him where they want him and could exploit his desire to keep on playing and willingness perhaps to be mucked around at that stage in his career, so Mowbray and co. had a good lad on standby if needed.

Makes you wonder though who often this sort of thing is happening - players getting lined up, under the impression a deal is to be done, hanging around and then all of a sudden the deal is off. I know deals are on and off a lot in football but suspect it occurs more frequently here with so much happening.

10 hours ago, JohnGo said:

Roy Keane would be a better option as manager.check out his YouTube with Gary Neville on Ferguson quality top bloke.

Every now and then clubs need a jump start and a kick up the jacksy so i'd have jumped at him with the squads we've had the last 2 seasons.

Not so sure now though with the emphasis going to be soley on youth it seems.