BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

10 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

criticism is definately mowbrays achilles heel,he`s got a massively self important  opinion of his managerial ability,it could be the key to him resigning in a strop if and when  the crowd get to him next season,i honestly don`t think many of us will put up with what we saw on the pitch last season

That's how i see it as he had a free run last season without the crowd.

I'd like to think having fans in would've helped against the bad run, it would also have put a rocket up them if we were witnessing that in person.

He'll not last long if the crowd turns although it's not something i'd like to see.

Certainly not if it started dragging on whilst he waited to be sacked for a pay off as they don't seem to work that way. Several thousand miles away is a very handy void when the flak starts.

I hope he realizes that.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Keane hasn't been a manager for over 10 years and want the Celtic job this summer and he couldn't get that job. They are reasons why Keane hasn't been manager for the massive length of time. 

Yes Mowbray over Keane. But I still want a manager change tho and Mowbray to be replace just not be Keane who I deffo wouldn't want. Much better candidates out there more suited to the job

22 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Keane isnt a manager material. Better off stayingfb0as pundit 

Keane had shit owners that didn’t back him. Even so he got Sunderland promotion. Celtic are a basket case, Lennon was a dead man walking. He has experience of international football even if it was was limited talent to work with. I don’t understand your view. My 2 year old granddaughter would make a better manager.

17 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Keane hasn't been a manager for over 10 years and want the Celtic job this summer and he couldn't get that job. They are reasons why Keane hasn't been manager for the massive length of time. 

Yes Mowbray over Keane. But I still want a manager change tho and Mowbray to be replace just not be Keane who I deffo wouldn't want. Much better candidates out there more suited to the job

😬

I don't think you fully know what happended for the Celtic job. I don't think it was just as desperate as Keane wanting it. It seems there was serious interest on both sides. 

Who is better and more suited to the job? Now be realistic 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

18 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Agree with the first 3, the first 2 are totally irrelevant and the third doesnt necessarily equate to being a good manager.

Indeed. I just have a feeling it would be a good fit. If all things were normal at the club, I would probably be thinking about other candidates , but the options seem to be stick with Mowbray or make an appointment that probably none of us would predict. 

1 hour ago, JohnGo said:

Keane had shit owners that didn’t back him. Even so he got Sunderland promotion. Celtic are a basket case, Lennon was a dead man walking. He has experience of international football even if it was was limited talent to work with. I don’t understand your view. My 2 year old granddaughter would make a better manager.

He had a good owner at Ipswich who backed him. 

Why hasn't he been a manager for over 10 years then? Why has no club appoint him then?

Go home John. 

26 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

😬

I don't think you fully know what happended for the Celtic job. I don't think it was just as desperate as Keane wanting it. It seems there was serious interest on both sides. 

Who is better and more suited to the job? Now be realistic 

Howe was set for the Celtic job. I dont think Celtic was ever keen on him..

Plenty of managers we could attract like Hughes, Wilder, Harris, Monk, Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink. 

8 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Why hasn't he been a manager for over 10 years then? Why has no club appoint him then?

Go home John. 

Plenty of managers we could attract like Hughes, Wilder, Harris, Monk, Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink. 

I don’t like your attitude, I’m in my Blackburn home. As for your list there’s only Hughes that is equivalent to Keane. Wilder a one trick pony that was found out. What’s Harris done, no better than Mowbray. Monk never done anything took over from a better manager at Swansea, and sacked at every other club. Hasselbaink only managed at league 1 level so unproven

Need I go on, bring on your b list.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JohnGo said:

I don’t like your attitude, I’m in my Blackburn home. As for your list there’s only Hughes that is equivalent to Keane. Wilder a one trick pony that was found out. What’s Harris done, no better than Mowbray. Monk never done anything took over from a better manager at Swansea, and sacked at every other club. Hasselbaink only managed at league 1 level so unproven

Need I go on, bring on your b list.

No point John. Not interested. You enjoy your Roy Keane love in. Who hasn't been manager for over 10 years now and couldnt even get the Celtic job. So what's appealing about him? Why hasn't he been a manager in that period? Why hasn't any club employ him as the manager of any professional football club? 

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

No point John. Not interested. You enjoy your Roy Keane love in. Who hasn't been manager for over 10 years now and couldnt even get the Celtic job. So what's appealing about him? Why hasn't he been a manager in that period? Why hasn't any club employ him as the manager of any professional football club? 

He’s been with Ireland in the last 10 years, plus worked in the media. I don’t have a love in with him. He comes over as a really knowledgeable football man, and a decent human being who is not a big I am. Yes before you ask I have meet him in and around his home walking his dogs. You can live in your own little fantasy world.

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Go home John. 

He hasn't been a manager for 10 years because he won't manage below a certain level. He didn't relegate Ipswich or anything. 

I don't think Hughes or Wilder would come here. Of the other 3 , maybe , but then again maybe not. Do you honestly think Wilder is realistic? Think about it. Why would he? 

16 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Does anyone not see the signs that Mowbray is going to relegate us next season? If you don't see it at this stage, you could be in for a huge surprise come October/November 

I remember the sooth sayer from Up Pompeii. Whoa is me.

17 minutes ago, rigger said:

I remember the sooth sayer from Up Pompeii. Whoa is me.

Seena had it spot on.

A Rovers Up Pompeii remake would have Waggott and Suhail sharing the lead part of Lurcio, Mowbray as his bumbling old master Ludicrus Sextus, Venus as the promiscuous wife Ammonia , Lowe as Erotica and Benson as their virginal son Nausius. 

And they all get levelled. Allegedly.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Couldn't even get the Celtic job 😂😂 Not sure if you're aware chaddy, but we are below Celtic in the pecking order. 

Why he hasn't managed has been answered. What's appealing about him has also been answered, but really , if you know anything about football ,you would know what's appealing. 

The fact you would take Mowbray over him still, after last season, is absolutely bonkers. 2 wins in 17. The man is going to relegate us. Literally anyone else would be worth gambling on. Can you not read between the lines from Downing and Holtby? He has lost the dressing room 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

37 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Couldn't even get the Celtic job 😂😂 Not sure if you're aware chaddy, but we are below Celtic in the pecking order. 

Why he hasn't managed has been answered. What's appealing about him has also been answered, but really , if you know anything about football ,you would know what's appealing. 

The fact you would take Mowbray over him still, after last season, is absolutely bonkers. 2 wins in 17. The man is going to relegate us. Literally anyone else would be worth gambling on. Can you not read between the lines from Downing and Holtby? He has lost the dressing room 

Chaddy is very much slowly reverting back to an all is well mentality, and his stance on Mowbray has massively relaxed.

That being said, the statement I have put in bold is not true, not quite. Kean? Coyle? There are worse out there, although that in no way should halt his departure.

My answer to your hypothetical question would likely be Keane, although that is very much more of an indictment on Mowbray. Keane should not be in the running for our next manager. 

Going from Mowbray to Keane - that would certainly shakeup the dressing room!

Mowbray trying to keep everyone happy (without even managing it) by doing stuff like rotating the subs bench (awww bless, so everyone gets a turn to sit in the good seats!). I bet the substitutions are all pre-planned too. Always seem to happen at the same time every match. probably promises everyone will get on at some point no matter how the match is going.

Its all too cozy for the manager and the player.

And...(in the words of Dragon's Den)...for that reason I am in! 

Id take Keane just to put a rocket up this lot. Even if he fails it will be fun to watch.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Chaddy is very much slowly reverting back to an all is well mentality, and his stance on Mowbray has massively relaxed.

That being said, the statement I have put in bold is not true, not quite. Kean? Coyle? There are worse out there, although that in no way should halt his departure.

My answer to your hypothetical question would likely be Keane, although that is very much more of an indictment on Mowbray. Keane should not be in the running for our next manager. 

This is where we are at though. If we were Barnsley even now, he shouldn't be after Keane. I can't help but feel he would be as good as we will get if Mowbray leaves though. All whilst these owners are here. As we all know, they have yet to make a decent appointment. The fact people still hold Lambert up as an example of a good one proves this 

I think Keane, from the shift in his media personality over the last couple of years, may have recognised he needs to soften it up a bit for the modern game. Can see him trying to come across as at least a little bit human these days.

I think he'd do a good job for us tbh, like him.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

I think Keane, from the shift in his media personality over the last couple of years, may have recognised he needs to soften it up a bit for the modern game. Can see him trying to come across as at least a little bit human these days.

I think he'd do a good job for us tbh, like him.

I think that's on the money. He worked as O'Neills assistant for a few years since management too. He has said he has had offeres below championship level and from Scotland, but that he basically knows his worth. 

I think he would the club a huge profile boost. Before someone's says that doesn't matter ,it's about results, don't forget this is currently a club run by people who don't seem to care about selling jerseys or season tickets. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, JohnGo said:

He’s been with Ireland in the last 10 years, plus worked in the media. I don’t have a love in with him. He comes over as a really knowledgeable football man, and a decent human being who is not a big I am. Yes before you ask I have meet him in and around his home walking his dogs. You can live in your own little fantasy world.

He left the Ireland job 3 years and wasn't there for 10 years. but only for 5 years. Maybe research your info first John. 

4 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

He hasn't been a manager for 10 years because he won't manage below a certain level. He didn't relegate Ipswich or anything. 

I don't think Hughes or Wilder would come here. Of the other 3 , maybe , but then again maybe not. Do you honestly think Wilder is realistic? Think about it. Why would he? 

Well how many PL or Championship manager jobs as he been linked to in the past 2 years then?

Yes for me, Wilder is realistic choice to come here. He would have full control of the transfers and thats would be what he wants. Same for Hughes

3 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

He couldn't get the Celtic job. simple as. They appointed an Australia manager over him. 

No the answer given why he hasn't been a manager for 10 years is right tho. He hasn't been with Ireland for 10 years at all. He left that Ireland number 2 job 3 years ago. and only lasted 6 months at Forest as number 2 with O'Neill. 

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

More BS from you Roversfan99 again. My opinion is we need a new manager and Mowbray should have been removed as manager this summer at least if not back in February after the Barnsley game. But appointing Keane would be a massive mistake and wrong move as he isn't a manager material and after 10 years of not being a manager why anyone would want after such a huge gap is just totally bonkers 

17 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

criticism is definately mowbrays achilles heel,he`s got a massively self important  opinion of his managerial ability,it could be the key to him resigning in a strop if and when  the crowd get to him next season,i honestly don`t think many of us will put up with what we saw on the pitch last season

This'll be the only way he leaves. Venkys don't give a f8ck and so won't sack him. I'll be giving him both barrels from the off for his woeful under-performance and his pathetic self preservation sound bites in the press. It'll feel lovely but will only be short lived as in truth it'll mean the rats just go and employ another clown.  

• Like 1