BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

13 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

You have history of allowing managers excessive time without justifying it, only to then reverse back on that statement at a moments notice. You was very much "Mowbray until the end of the season" and then suddenly flipped prior to the season ending. 

Lets discuss Mowbray and his future in this thread and stop mentioning it the wrong threads. 

I change my opinion on Mowbray after the defeats to PNE and Barnsley games in February. Hardly prior to the season ending. 

I have told you several times now and I will say this for the final time, thats I think Mowbray should be sack as manager. I gave a shortlist of potential choices and thats more than you ever do. 

But the owners of the club think differently and I cant it change it. So Mowbray will lead us into our first game of the season. 

So what more do you want? me to keeping mentioning it in every post and repeating myself weekly?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Lets discuss Mowbray and his future in this thread and stop mentioning it the wrong threads. 

I change my opinion on Mowbray after the defeats to PNE and Barnsley games in February. Hardly prior to the season ending. 

I have told you several times now and I will say this for the final time, thats I think Mowbray should be sack as manager. I gave a shortlist of potential choices and thats more than you ever do. 

But the owners of the club think differently and I cant it change it. So Mowbray will lead us into our first game of the season. 

So what more do you want? me to keeping mentioning it in every post and repeating myself weekly?

I’m still waiting on a credible alternative to Mowbray. I want change but your list is rubbish except for Hughes. Buy the way check your grammar.

Someone sent me this saying Mowbray was on Chilean tv talking about Brereton and explaining tactics, yes tactics. I’m 99.999999% convinced it’s a gag but he said it’s not. Either way if it actually happened enjoy the sheer ludicrousness of that if it’s a gag I still found it funny the thought of moggasurus explaining tactics to anyone. 

E7407988-4742-405F-AA4A-986862F4F5A7.jpeg

This is becoming Breretonmania. Chile has been visiting Ewood.  

"Estamos an la sede del Blackburn Rovers, casa de Ben Brereton" = "We're at the headquarters/campus of Blackburn Rovers, home of Ben Brereton.

¡Estamos en la sede del Blackburn Rovers, casa de BEN BRERETON! - Pelota Parada

PS - Tony doing his impression of a demented Rolf Harris with a marker and his tactics board is from 4:40 onward..

Edited by TheRoversReturn
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, TheRoversReturn said:

"Estamos an la sede del Blackburn Rovers, casa de Ben Brereton" = "We're at the headquarters/campus of Blackburn Rovers, home of Ben Brereton.

Shame they didn’t arrive before the fans kicked off about the state of the ground. They could have seen a pile of rubbish and weeds growing out of the ground. Id wager they still haven’t cleaned the cladding. 

1 hour ago, matt83 said:

Someone sent me this saying Mowbray was on Chilean tv talking about Brereton and explaining tactics, yes tactics. I’m 99.999999% convinced it’s a gag but he said it’s not. Either way if it actually happened enjoy the sheer ludicrousness of that if it’s a gag I still found it funny the thought of moggasurus explaining tactics to anyone. 

All the lines he has drawn are where he wants us to pass the ball sideways and backwards amongst our defence and keeper to improve possession stats.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, matt83 said:

No doubt hes been asked so he wasn't going to say no but it's a painful scenario. You can imagine this is how he babbles to the owners, make it so technical that no one can understand. Therefore they just assume you do and go with the 'expert'.

A great opportunity for self promotion here though, big Sam would be proud. TM will be strolling around Chile soon with 'I made Ben Brereton' Tee shirt on.

Waggots delighted that a gap for shirts and tv subscriptions might have opened up in a foreign land, to replace lack of fans here. 

Boosting income tha knows !

Edited by tomphil

It says something when there is more excitement and interest in our club on another continent than there is in the local area.

Mowbray forced to look awake for the first time in many months - what a pity he was just drawing a horseshit / 3 year old's concept of what happens on a football pitch. I mean, imagine if he'd been putting his many years of insights and IP out there for all to see on a flip chart on Chilean TV - you'd imagine there'd be a queue of experienced managers all glued to their screens in the hope of gleaning some magic from the gurning maestro...

Seriously though, I'm going to get myself a camera, some bright lights and thethethetheth my way into Ewood Park any day now, claiming to be from the Andean version of Look North. Might find some clues as to what the fook is (has been) going on down there for the past 4 years. Now, where's me Pancho Sanchez moustache gone..?

Edited by WIR Second Coming
Mowbray Out! Waggot Out! Gurning Cheating Liars OUT!
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, TheRoversReturn said:

PS - Tony doing his impression of a demented Rolf Harrison with a marker and his tactics board is from 4:40 onward..

Mucho mucho Bullshito

• Like 4

3 hours ago, TheRoversReturn said:

PS - Tony doing his impression of a demented Rolf Harris with a marker and his tactics board is from 4:40 onward..

With all those squiggles and utter board chaos I suspect it was a genuine Mowbray tactics session.

Got to stay it - there must be a news famine going on in Chile. Don't they have any good soaps or reality shows to occupy the populations time.

Edited by AllRoverAsia

5 hours ago, matt83 said:

This reminds me of that 'Jason Roberts finishing masterclass' video that surfaced around 2008/9. In a way I'm glad to see a wave of interest in Rovers from South America. The Brereton story is putting Rovers back on the map, so to speak. The sad thing is that the club has been reduced to this shell with no ambition, ran by people who are out of their depth. There's sudden excitement around Rovers from abroad, it looks like there are going to be many new onlookers next season. However, the reality here doesn't tally up with that excitement and it hurts to say that.

Didn't we have a similar fuss when we signed that Carlos Kickaball from a Youtube video ?

Soon died down and fizzled out as i expect this will although it's a good story to be fair. The odd angle of how it all came about is the selling point though rather than anything else.

On 26/06/2021 at 19:07, Roverthechimp said:

I'm starting to think he could take a dump in the centre circle at half time while blowing Waggot and still not get fired 😲

I feel the latter is the only reason he's not been fired.

2 hours ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Someone tweeting Alan Nixon "@reluctantnicko Are you still of the opinion that Mowbray is safe as houses? The rumours are swirling again..."

Not seen any rumours at all in over a month?

It would be random, even for Venkys, to leave him in place from the end of the season until now, just to bin him off as pre season started.