BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

20 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

perhaps he`s joining southgates backroom staff as coach,sage and tactical advisor

The are parallels at times with what Southgate does with a team of highly talented internationals.

Doesn't quite work the same with a group of championship plodders and kids but he's happy to lose 1-0.  Gareth however has it the right way round.

How Tony Mowbray getting sacked rumours work. Let's start a new one...

---------

Hi everyone! 😀 I heard from someone that someone else or their cousin had been told that when they (that someone else or their cousin) randomly drove past Ewood the other night that they didn't see Tony Mowbray. They went past the old Aquaduct pub and around the Aldi/Macdonalds and they DIDN'T SEE MOWBRAY ONCE! He wasn't even in the (closed by that time) Ewood WMC or in the queue at the chippy.

Do you reckon that means he's getting sacked? Spread the news!

---------

Seriously, let's stop grasping at straws. He wasn't sacked after one win in 15 and he's sure as heck not getting sacked now. He's getting a contact extension in September, when they think we'll be busy concentrating on the league table, so get ready for that too.

Venkys Rovers = a complete madhouse which always, but always, disappoints. 

• Like 2

Mowbray has a fragile ego you can see this through his reaction to even the most tame questions during a trademark death spiral. I think he’s also in a deluded bubble without fans in the ground.

When rovers go another death spiral he’ll get it both barrels. At which point I just can’t see him brazening it out like say Kean did. I’m going to try and sit within ear shot of him at least he’ll know what I think of him. Even if it makes no impact on him it’ll make me feel better.

Ps. In a way I hope Rovers are so clueless to the ill will that’s been steadily building they’ll bring that stupid flag out. It might just get a few backs up against moggasurus 

Edited by matt83
  • Like 5

10 hours ago, matt83 said:

Mowbray has a fragile ego you can see this through his reaction to even the most tame questions during a trademark death spiral. I think he’s also in a deluded bubble without fans in the ground.

When rovers go another death spiral he’ll get it both barrels. At which point I just can’t see him brazening it out like say Kean did. I’m going to try and sit within ear shot of him at least he’ll know what I think of him. Even if it makes no impact on him it’ll make me feel better.

Ps. In a way I hope Rovers are so clueless to the ill will that’s been steadily building they’ll bring that stupid flag out. It might just get a few backs up against moggasurus 

the new season is around the corner and the only bit of it im`e looking forward to is the thought of everybody giving mowbray his richly deserved ear bashing

• Like 5

On 30/06/2021 at 17:45, simongarnerisgod said:

the new season is around the corner and the only bit of it im`e looking forward to is the thought of everybody giving mowbray his richly deserved ear bashing

All 5000 of us. 

• Like 7

13 minutes ago, Cherry Blue said:

Desperate to see Mowbray go. What a waste of a season we are now heading into.

Why hasn't he walked? 

he is`nt going to walk out and leave his fat salary behind is he???he`s just picking up his wages and topping his pension up,so much for honour and "i`ll leave if i can`t take us any further", clucking banker imo,getting to kean levels of hatred for me

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

he is`nt going to walk out and leave his fat salary behind is he???he`s just picking up his wages and topping his pension up,so much for honour and "i`ll leave if i can`t take us any further", clucking banker imo,getting to kean levels of hatred for me

He was very honourable until it came into direct competition with self-preservation. Wasn’t such a man of honour when his wage looked like drying up.

During that last 15 ish game death spiral, Mowbray with his demeanour on the touch line and his press conferences, really gave the impression of a man who’d given up and holding out for the payoff. My biggest fear now is in a matrix style revelation he now realises he is bulletproof and his ego will be out of control this season. 

Edited by matt83
  • Like 5

Coming to terms with owners giving so little a toss that they'll sit back and watch relegation form week after week, regardless of the possible consequences is one thing. Watching the manager overseeing it look and sound like he gives even less of a care about it is another.

Worst thing about it all wasn't the predictable nature of the defeats etc it was having to watch and listen to him.  

• Like 1

Well I think there's one area which is shaping up to be an intriguing battle next season. That is what will win out TM's pride or greed? 

We all know next season we are going to get canned. With one of our strongest squads last year we limped to mid table. No Dack and cutbacks means we must be certs to be in the relegation mix. 

And that's where it gets intriguing (as well as terrifying.)

Because on one hand TM has a huge ego. He cannot stand any criticism and thin skinned is an understatement. And the prospect of us being in a relegation scrap and pundits/papers questioning him, as well as fan dissatisfaction in the ground. He won't like that in the slightest. He has shown he can't cope with the mildest of criticism (which I should add is very justified criticism at that.) Will he stick it out when the criticism inevitably comes his way? With his paper thin ego it's doubtful. 

But on the flip side the guy is hugely into self preservation. He's stuck around despite the worst two runs in my time of supporting Rovers. There's been cringe worthy articles where he kisses the owners' behinds saying how honourable they are. There's the litany of lies and excuses - fans expecting a recreation of 95, fans responsible for Nayambe's fake injury (is he bollocks a nice guy). The guy has no shame or depth when it comes to self-preservation making you think he is here no matter what. 

So which will win out - pride or self preservation? Put it this way, it's the biggest battle we are going to see at Ewood anytime soon. 

• Like 8

23 hours ago, toogs said:

All 5000 of us. 

You'll be lucky... I seem to remember a wet Saturday morning not so long ago where there was only ONE at the ground shouting "Mowbray Out! Waggon Out! Gurning Cheating Liars OUT!"

Maybe it would have sounded better inside Ewood Park rather than outside in a soggy car park..?

I still think we will get to 1000 pages on this thread before the gurning chump is potted / walks

It’s very easy to talk about how ‘honourable’ you are and how you ‘won’t be a burden’ at 99% of football clubs as you know you’ll generally be out on your ear and paid up before you’d ever be in the position to have to act on such platitudes.

Here, he’s realised that no tap on the shoulder is ever going to come so his ‘fall on my sword’ routine seems to have been shelved, most strange…

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 4

On 30/06/2021 at 17:45, simongarnerisgod said:

Ha right...you will be disappointed when the clapping starts and you find yourself clapping aswell.

• Like 2