BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

Which is what happens with most normal managers, not ones who've given up and just want a quiet life in the dugout.

When lads here get rotated and they know they will regardless of results or personal form, then where is the motivation to fight for the shirt ?

That applies to team or bench.

Of course it's decent for the younger lads who know they'll get involved. Is that all we exist for now though ?  You'd be forgiven for thinking so. Given some of the comments from the sideline last season about individual performances trumping actual results and league position.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 1

In todays LET all the back page is Mowbray saying its up to Chapman if he plays in my team, what a disgrace Mowbray is. It is HIS job to coach and mentor, not diss him on the back pages, really makes you want to play for Mowbray, i dont think so. Time this dinosaur did one back to Middlesbrough. PLEASE 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, EgyptianPete said:

In todays LET all the back page is Mowbray saying its up to Chapman if he plays in my team, what a disgrace Mowbray is. It is HIS job to coach and mentor, not diss him on the back pages, really makes you want to play for Mowbray, i dont think so. Time this dinosaur did one back to Middlesbrough. PLEASE 

Mowbray is the reason, I will not be a season ticket holder, this season. 

• Like 3

• Moderation Lead
1 hour ago, Ewood Ace said:

The man really is quite deluded. He now seems to think that his own training methods are well advanced of the Belgium National team who have been in and around the top of the FIFA World rankings for a long period of time and came third at the World Cup. Also Kaminski was called up on the 28th of June and Belgium were eliminated on the 2nd of July, it's hardly like he was away for weeks.

image.png.6e4fe8a129b39e56286b5b953ad15b98.png

‘I let the senior players decide where they are with their fitness’.

It’s either incredible laziness, or a bit negligent….

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

And after they have decided about their own fitness. They do nothing in training that has anything to do with tactics, defensive or attacking dead-balls, formations, plans A and B. It's the future.

It does make you wonder at times if he actually is a football manager or just a bloke paid thousands to clock them in and out......when they feel like it.

Seniors run the dressing room, seniors make calls on the team, seniors decide how fit they are, seniors decide if they want to stay/leave and how long/when. Seniors never get called out in the press no matter how crap they might have been.

Mowbray just bosses the kids around and regularly blames things on them, never the seniors.

No wonder they love him.

Drip.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 6

32 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

in that case there is`nt any need for a manager is there,he does`nt monitor their fitness,we don`t practice set pieces,he does`nt bother with tactics and he does`nt do anything on the touchline,in fact mowbray appears to do nothing,sack the **** imo

• Like 7

A summer of nothing from Mowbray and you almost start to forget what a clown he is. Bang! Pre season kicks off like he has never been away and here we go again...

One statement after the other and it's a familiar tale, almost as if he hasn't been slaughtered enough over the summer months and in some sick way he's missed it. I try to avoid his dross but still it pops up in here and I just can't escape it.

I literally despise the man. Not again please...

I need a counsellor...

• Like 4

it`s almost as if he`s giving us the finger and saying "i don`t give a **** about the club,they won`t sack me anyway so there is nothing you lot can do about it"

having got used to no crowds and no criticism last season,he`s still in that mode buy  if he keeps quoting the rubbish he has today then even the monoliths in the jack walker stand will be on his case come opening day,he`s in for some serious abuse unless barring some miracle we get off to a flying start

• Like 2

Maybe he's still angling for the sack, and by that I mean being released with a full pay off for the year remaining on his deal.

Have to say that by coming out with comments like "I don't look at the League table" and "I let the players decide on their fitness" he must be sailing perilously close to the wind to the owners being able to sack him summarily without compensation for gross misconduct.

Edited by RevidgeBlue
  • Like 2

One thing TM always does is exceed expectations on how low he will go and how bad he is. 

To suggest we are better than Belgium is rediculously dishonest and deluded. For a guy who complains about comparisons with 95 (false ones at that) he doesn't half make some more outrageous ones himself. 

And let them decide their own fitness. Lunatics running the asylum, conflict of interest and gross negligence all immediately spring to mind. Glad the standards are so high. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Southside Rover said:

A summer of nothing from Mowbray and you almost start to forget what a clown he is. Bang! Pre season kicks off like he has never been away and here we go again...

One statement after the other and it's a familiar tale, almost as if he hasn't been slaughtered enough over the summer months and in some sick way he's missed it. I try to avoid his dross but still it pops up in here and I just can't escape it.

I literally despise the man. Not again please...

I need a counsellor...

NO you do not!

I fell for it too but its not our fault.

The malignant Boro fruitcake on the other hand needs the men in white coats, straight jacket and padded cell.

He is a fucking nutter.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, K-Hod said:

Have to wonder what Rovers insurers think about that statement.

If I were them I would take that as admission of wilful neglect and start refusing payouts.

15 hours ago, K-Hod said:

Add "I don't believe in formations" and no wonder we're in the shit.

• Like 1

A never has been manager, serial failure, deluded and lazy. Incredible but not surprising he's still there.

Unless things change I wouldn't be surprised to see us in a relegation battle this season, anything else will be blind luck.

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, booth said:

A never has been manager, serial failure, deluded and lazy. Incredible but not surprising he's still there.

Unless things change I wouldn't be surprised to see us in a relegation battle this season, anything else will be blind luck.

Nothing ever changes,he appears under absolutely no pressure whatsover to achieve any sort of target,no accountability...what a criminal waste of a season just gone.

The fans are just the poor sods who have to put up and PAY UP.

• Like 2